PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Far Cry 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-26-2008, 09:52 PM   #31
CDurrant

CDurrant's Gamercard
Heart of darkness: on the map that came with the game there is an area in the southern district called the heart of darkness, i think you just have to go there. Im not sure if this is story related or not.
CDurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 10:13 PM   #32
BAD BOY BIG ED

BAD BOY BIG ED's Gamercard
could some 1 put an idiot guid up 4 map creater ive tried 4 hours and carnt put anything down. and does any 1 now how they r boosting there online xp some people have got over 1000 revives lol
BAD BOY BIG ED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 11:44 PM   #33
the_b1ues

Radiantmist's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   SOTF Winner   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
You can search for ranked game people are searching for there friends games and starting them up as soon as they join.

Hopefully this will get stickied soon so we can keep it up the top

Last edited by the_b1ues; 10-27-2008 at 08:50 PM.
the_b1ues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 09:35 PM   #34
NukeDukem

topgunprobo's Gamercard
the achievement Dawa ya Moto ni Moto seems to be story related and therefore unmissable. i unlocked it after completing the first mission in the southern territory.

i think for the Third Faction achievement you just need to do all the buddy sidequests at mikes bar, i dont know for sure as one of my buddies died but they all seem to die unavoidably at the end of act 1 anyway
NukeDukem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 10:41 PM   #35
the_b1ues

Radiantmist's Gamercard

Ok thanks for the info ill put them up and ill try to confirm them

Old 10-27-2008, 10:47 PM   #36
SynysterMonkey

Send a message via ICQ to SynysterMonkey Send a message via AIM to SynysterMonkey Send a message via MSN to SynysterMonkey Send a message via Yahoo to SynysterMonkey

Lady Gaga x Syn's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Thanks for the guide. Pretty good, just if you could get some pics for the Safe Houses and diamonds, that would be good. Great start though.

Race To 50,000

vs.

SynysterMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 10:51 PM   #37
the_b1ues

Radiantmist's Gamercard

The Diamonds and save houses are on the maps provided but id admit they may need to be clearer.

Old 10-27-2008, 11:00 PM   #38
CrAcKdOwN360

CRACKHEAD PUPPY's Gamercard
Dawa ya moto ni moto - 20g
This one will unlock after you have done a certain mission. I can't remember which one, but you have to defend a large boat. It's at approximately 45% of the way through the game.
CrAcKdOwN360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 12:06 AM   #39
NukeDukem

topgunprobo's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAcKdOwN360 View Post
Dawa ya moto ni moto - 20g
This one will unlock after you have done a certain mission. I can't remember which one, but you have to defend a large boat. It's at approximately 45% of the way through the game.
yeah thats the first story mission (ie. involving the factions) once you get to the southern territory, as i remember its unavoidable to do anything but that mission first - you have to go and get that mission first because its a red objective to do so

the_b1ues, thought it might be worth pointing out that i found the easiest way for me to get the '...and into the fire' and 'good night sweet prince' achievements was to -

**spoiler alert**
do the mission where you have to get the gold for the UNLL (or whatever theyre called), subvert the mission by taking your buddy up on their request to do things differently. then when you go to the oasis with your buddy as the last part of the mission, go down the hole where the gold is and press back next to the gold as you normally would, then save. now come out of the hole and your buddy shouldve taken a pounding and be on deaths door. if not on deaths door already, let them sweat it out a bit longer than mop up the bad guys(this is an easy mission with it being so early on in the game). go over to her and start the whole heal/kill process by pressing Y and blow her brains out. one achievement. reload the last save, do it all again but this time save her and carry on the game like normal! two achievements

my buddy was a she, yours may be a he

Last edited by NukeDukem; 10-28-2008 at 12:45 AM.
Old 10-28-2008, 12:56 AM   #40
xnvy

xnvy's Gamercard
I think Sand Blasted is one of the maps not sure though maybe someone could check it out?

xnvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 01:37 AM   #41
Rewmac

Rewmac Icon's Gamercard
I can give confirmation for Ruthless and Cold Blooded. My buddy left out one mission, he did it on his own, I on the other hand didn't. I have the achievements he doesn't.

Retail Games 100%

Halo 3, Clive Barker's Jericho, Stranglehold, Transformers, Fight Night Round 3, X-Men, Smackdown vs. Raw 2008,
Avatar TLA : TBE, NHL 2K6, Spider-Man Friend Or Foe, Fantastic Four : ROTSS
NBA 2k6, King Kong, TimeShift, Bourne, Star Wars: TFU, Residen Evil 5, Naruto : The Broken Bond

Rewmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 06:30 AM   #42
Leadingspartan

http://forums.xbox.com/23530130/ShowPost.aspx
Leadingspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 11:01 AM   #43
le b3nz0r

Send a message via AIM to le b3nz0r

le b3nz0r's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Now I haven't beaten the game yet, but I'm pretty sure some of the achievements that you have red text under can be summarized by "Story related - will obtain while progressing the story."

Once again I may be wrong as I don't have the achievements, but the ones that come to mind:

Down but not out 10
Escape to Bowa-Seko - the Southern Territory.

Dawa ya moto ni moto 20
Break the ceasefire and reignite the conflict.

Prison escape 20
Escape torture at the old slave outpost.

Last man standing 30
Wipe out the senior leadership of both Factions and determine who will be the new Warlords.

Heart of Darkness 40
Enter the Heart of Darkness.

The horror... the horror... 40
Resolve your conflict with the Jackal to facilitate the exodus.

Only suggesting just to clean up the guide a bit. Hope you found this advice helpful.

le b3nz0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 11:06 AM   #44
the_b1ues

Radiantmist's Gamercard

Ive thought this to ill add them then confirm as i go through story.

Old 10-28-2008, 02:33 PM   #45
Jappe XBA

Send a message via Skype™ to Jappe XBA

Jappe XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   GSL 12 Winner   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Donator - Level 3   Submit - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Silver   Staff Club - Jappe x360a   Staff Club - Minty
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_b1ues View Post
Wanderer 10
Find all the Safe Houses in Leboa-Sako - the Northern Territory

North District Safe House Marked by the Tent icon will make more clearer map soon.
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b3...ryMapNorth.png
Thanks man, going for this today, I'm already in South but hopefully you can go back to North. If you can, I go to get these

Microsoft Fanboy:
Xbox One 500GB (Day One Edition <3) Xbox 360 4GB + 320GB (NTSC) Xbox 360 E 250GB (PAL)
Xbox 360 E 250GB (NTSC-J) Nokia Lumia 1020 (WP8) Windows 8.1 Pro
Jappe XBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 03:53 PM   #46
jon5445

Quote:
Originally Posted by NukeDukem View Post
yeah thats the first story mission (ie. involving the factions) once you get to the southern territory, as i remember its unavoidable to do anything but that mission first - you have to go and get that mission first because its a red objective to do so

the_b1ues, thought it might be worth pointing out that i found the easiest way for me to get the '...and into the fire' and 'good night sweet prince' achievements was to -

**spoiler alert**
do the mission where you have to get the gold for the UNLL (or whatever theyre called), subvert the mission by taking your buddy up on their request to do things differently. then when you go to the oasis with your buddy as the last part of the mission, go down the hole where the gold is and press back next to the gold as you normally would, then save. now come out of the hole and your buddy shouldve taken a pounding and be on deaths door. if not on deaths door already, let them sweat it out a bit longer than mop up the bad guys(this is an easy mission with it being so early on in the game). go over to her and start the whole heal/kill process by pressing Y and blow her brains out. one achievement. reload the last save, do it all again but this time save her and carry on the game like normal! two achievements

my buddy was a she, yours may be a he
Yeah, thats the way i did it. You should add it too the guide radiant. Its by far the easiest way to get the 70g
jon5445 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 04:10 PM   #47
PTPetisco

PTPetisco's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
I have some questions. I just unlocked the second map. But I needed to choise who I rescued (buddies or church). I decided to buddies, but I died and carried out to the desert. Now it says that I left all my buddies, and I guess the quests for undercover taken from church are gone. Did I screw uo carrying up with the story?

I messed out too, the missions suported by buddies, the alternative way to do. The guy keeps diying in the end, and I can't rez him. He dies all the time...

So, did I missed the achivs for the undercover and buddies?

www.hi-gamers.com
PTPetisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 05:42 PM   #48
the_b1ues

Radiantmist's Gamercard

This would help if someone new the answer to this.

Old 10-28-2008, 08:09 PM   #49
BullZeye

AR BullZeye's Gamercard
I don't know about the buddy achievement but I can confirm that the underground achievement will still unlock.
I too chose to save my buddies but they all died.
I think it's unavoidable that nobody but you survives the end of act 1.
Nevertheless,I got the Courier achievement rather suprising after completing 5 of the underground missions(some in the north,some in the south), only going after them when I needed more medicine.
I'm not sure if that was a glitch,but that's what happened to me.

Now I completed the game but I still don't know what exactly the "The third Faction" Achievement requires you to do.
Do all the buddy sidemissions?
Avoid that anyone of them dies?
Just save them were they are originally being held captive?
Has anyone unlocked this and can explain what he did?
Old 10-28-2008, 11:56 PM   #50
the_b1ues

Radiantmist's Gamercard

So you think i should try to save my buddies and i will still get the other achievement.

Old 10-29-2008, 01:25 AM   #51
DirtyMcHater

DirtyMcHater's Gamercard

Awards Showcase SOTF Winner   SOTF Runner Up
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Thanks for the guide, I have a question regarding the scouting of the outpost. In some outposts It's real easy to scout, whether using the monocular or finding the explosives or medkits, but others are real tough, like I kill everyone and walk around for a good 5 - 7 minutes before the scouting unlocks. Does anyone know what is the best and most effective way of scouting the outpost?
Old 10-29-2008, 02:33 AM   #52
NukeDukem

topgunprobo's Gamercard
you just have to know what to look for, i havent had any problems. its either an explosives, molotov or ammunition cache like you have in your 'gun room' at the arms dealers, which are easy enough to spot as they will have three flashing items, on top of some crates. (although if you use a lot of explosives clearing out the outpost, you could destroy the supplies... you can still get the scouting acknowledgement by going to where they were, but finding that could be harder if you didnt see where they were beforehand.) it can also be, and maybe you didnt know this as it didnt occur to me straightaway either, a large med pack cabinet on a wall like you see a lot in the game. not to sound arsey but i never use the monocular thing its usually pretty easy to find these things if you have a good look after clearing out the enemies because most of the outposts are really small.

something thats puzzling me, i never got the achievement for doing all the underground missions in the northern territory but i did them whenever the game asked me to..
Old 10-29-2008, 03:49 AM   #53
DirtyMcHater

DirtyMcHater's Gamercard

Awards Showcase SOTF Winner   SOTF Runner Up
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Thanks for answering. Idk why but there are times when I can unlock it real quick and others where it takes longer... Even after I pick up the meds or explosives.. I've also found some that don't have any meds or explosive, that one unlocked by me just walking around the outpost for a bit.

Regarding your question about the underground missions sorry, but I have no ideal.

Quote:
Ruthless 30
Quote:
Subvert all the main faction missions in Leboa-Sako - the Northern Territory.

You get this when you to the "Secondary Option" on every mission you can. When I say "Secondary Option" I mean when you get a mission and you get an option of doing it in a different way than the way you were asked eg. Go to a different location first and kill someone else before you kill main guy.
@ OP, When you mean secondary you mean the mission your buddy asks you to do right?

Last edited by DirtyMcHater; 10-29-2008 at 04:05 AM.
DirtyMcHater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 04:32 AM   #54
Cynabal

Cynabal's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyMcHater View Post
Thanks for answering. Idk why but there are times when I can unlock it real quick and others where it takes longer... Even after I pick up the meds or explosives.. I've also found some that don't have any meds or explosive, that one unlocked by me just walking around the outpost for a bit.
You can destroy ammo caches and the like, sometimes in the heat of battle these things get blown up, you just have to wander around untill you find the location the cache was before it exploded, look for burnt areas and scorch marks.

When you find the area where the cache was, just stand on it and it will say outpost scouted.

My best achievment

Mile High Club 20

Cynabal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 12:15 PM   #55
oOThrissy

I just achieved:
The third faction 30
And i can confirm that if you need to choise between saving the church or trying to save your buddies and the die trying it, you'll stil get the achievement if you managed to save them all from there respective predicaments.

*Spoiler*
Leboa-Sako - North has 6 buddies
Bowa-Seko - South has 5 buddies

Last edited by oOThrissy; 10-29-2008 at 12:17 PM.
oOThrissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 12:38 PM   #56
the_b1ues

Radiantmist's Gamercard

But were are these 6 buddies in each area?

Old 10-29-2008, 01:23 PM   #57
III ICEM4N III

I C E M 4 N III's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by le b3nz0r View Post
Now I haven't beaten the game yet, but I'm pretty sure some of the achievements that you have red text under can be summarized by "Story related - will obtain while progressing the story."

Once again I may be wrong as I don't have the achievements, but the ones that come to mind:

Down but not out 10
Escape to Bowa-Seko - the Southern Territory.

Dawa ya moto ni moto 20
Break the ceasefire and reignite the conflict.

Prison escape 20
Escape torture at the old slave outpost.

Last man standing 30
Wipe out the senior leadership of both Factions and determine who will be the new Warlords.

Heart of Darkness 40

Resolve your conflict with the Jackal to facilitate the exodus.

Only suggesting just to clean up the guide a bit. Hope you found this advice helpful.
I completed the game yesterday and can confirm that these achievements are story related and cannot be missed out.
Heart of Darkness 40

Resolve your conflict with the Jackal to facilitate the exodus

these two you can only get at the very end of the game.
Just a word of advice, complete all of the cell tower missons, collect all diamond and tapes, find all safe houses and buddies before atttempting the last mission as wonce you enter the heart of darkness theres no going back. You would have to re-load a previouse save.
Old 10-29-2008, 01:23 PM   #58
jon5445

I found a buddy just by wandering into some outpust. He was been held captive and i unlocked him by just opening the door but i can't remember where i found him and it wasn't on a mission

Also on the 16 map achievement you have band balasted down as a map. I think it should be sand blasted instead.
jon5445 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 01:30 PM   #59
oOThrissy

I'am not sure where all 11 buddies are but the hardest 1 that most people couldn't find is the girl by the crashed airplane.

Last edited by oOThrissy; 10-29-2008 at 01:32 PM.
oOThrissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 01:54 PM   #60
the_b1ues

Radiantmist's Gamercard

Do you need to find all the northan buddies before the chruch mission??