Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-29-2008, 11:31 PM   #91
DirtyMcHater

DirtyMcHater's Gamercard

Awards Showcase SOTF Winner   SOTF Runner Up
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NukeDukem View Post
im in the same boat mate, got a missing buddy but not quite sure how it happened. i think what happened with me is my buddy came to save me, and when i left the scene there mustve been more enemies that found him, he got his arse kicked and because i didnt know i didnt go back and it counts as abandoning. sucks! ill have to go through the game again to get the third faction achievement.

tell you what though, i just got the goddamn RROD...

what a time to get that! ploughing through far cry, the best fps ive played since cod4, and so many great games out this autumn and winter

Damn sucks to hear about that malicious RROD. Regarding the missing buddy, I really don't know wth happened, since Warren Clyde is never the one to come save me, It's always the other dude, I forget his name, the one with the towel on his head LOL. I do remember the first time I went to Mikes bar he was talking about taking on a bunch of people by himself and whatnot, could it be that I was suppose to help him and didn't?
Old 10-29-2008, 11:36 PM   #92
NukeDukem

topgunprobo's Gamercard
maybe.. it strikes me as annoying if the buddies can go off and get themselves killed without giving you a clear objective to help them out though! this games systems are very confusing sometimes
NukeDukem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 11:49 PM   #93
the_b1ues

Radiantmist's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   SOTF Winner   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Ive just reliesed there is no achievement for completeing all the side missions so i dont think you need to do any of the buddy side missions other than 1 for the achievement. Can anyone confirm this?

Last edited by the_b1ues; 10-30-2008 at 12:55 AM.
the_b1ues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 12:56 AM   #94
DirtyMcHater

DirtyMcHater's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_b1ues View Post
As long as you have done that buddies missions i dont think there is any achievments to be missed
I think if you're done with the buddy's mission it would have a check mark next to it's name. The one who's missing has a red line across his name. So far I have 3 buddies, Quarbani Singh, Michele Dachss and Warren Clyde, on the first 2 the status is 'Alive' and on the last one the status is 'Missing' :/

Also, I'm now doing the 3rd mission for the UFLL ( I think) The one you get from the guy at the door and not the two upstairs. Usually every time I went on a mission I would have a buddy call me for the side quest or w/e. I'm this mission now and no-one has called me, is it supposed to be like that?

Another question, Am I really suppose to only have 3 buddies? I'm by 20 percent of the game and only have 3. I've been playing for about 9 hours though :/

Edit : DukeNukem, yes, this game is indeed frustrating and confusing.
Old 10-30-2008, 01:15 AM   #95
the_b1ues

Radiantmist's Gamercard

I shouldnt worry about missing a buddy. I dont think you need to do any buddy missions atall.

Old 10-30-2008, 01:16 AM   #96
DirtyMcHater

DirtyMcHater's Gamercard

Quote:
I shouldnt worry about missing a buddy. I dont think you need to do any buddy missions atall.
Hmm ok. Also would know why the 'buddies' are not saving me anymore.. Now every time my health goes all the way down that's it. I die. The buddies don't come and save me anymore
Old 10-30-2008, 01:31 AM   #97
the_b1ues

Radiantmist's Gamercard

You have to go to a save house that one of your buddies is in he will then save you again.

Old 10-30-2008, 02:10 AM   #98
DirtyMcHater

DirtyMcHater's Gamercard

Quote:
You have to go to a save house that one of your buddies is in he will then save you again.
How would I know which one he's in. I used to see him all the time, now he's only at the bar and stuff.
Old 10-30-2008, 02:20 AM   #99
DemonI81
Banned User

vI Demon Iv's Gamercard

Awards Showcase A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyMcHater View Post
How would I know which one he's in. I used to see him all the time, now he's only at the bar and stuff.
Every time I've been saved, the next safe house I go to my buddy is there. I've either been really lucky or it's the closest safe house to where you were saved... probably.
DemonI81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 02:34 AM   #100
TheShowzOver

Alright 2 questions.

1. Has anyone got the "Subvert all main missions for the Leboa-Seko area, the first area"? Because i'm now on the 2nd part of the game and i subverted all the missions i could and it didn't unlock for me

2. One of my buddies the paul guy, he went down in a battle and i tried to save him, i shot him 3 times with syrettes to try and save him but he died anyways, i saved while he was down after completing a mission or whatever, figuring i could save him but he still died. I ended up just reloading my save and abandoning him because it wouldn't let me revive him..., so it said he was "missing" but not dead. Is that going to affect any achievements? Oh and then the mission where you have to save the church or help your buddies at mike's bar, i went to mike's bar and all my buddies died, as well as me. I know you can die and continue on but wtf are you really suppose to keep them all alive, they all drop like flies. What a confusing game
TheShowzOver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 02:52 AM   #101
DirtyMcHater

DirtyMcHater's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonI81 View Post
Every time I've been saved, the next safe house I go to my buddy is there. I've either been really lucky or it's the closest safe house to where you were saved... probably.
Same thing was happening to me till now. Every time I die I have to reload from last save :/ It's pissing me off already. I'm getting fed up with this game so I'm saving every chance I get.

Last edited by DirtyMcHater; 10-30-2008 at 02:55 AM.
DirtyMcHater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 02:58 AM   #102
DemonI81
Banned User

vI Demon Iv's Gamercard

Awards Showcase A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I have like 20 different save slots that I alternate. So if I have to reload to an earlier one I can get closer to where I need to be. Saving very often. I'm actually gonna start the missions tomorrow. I got all the diamonds, tapes, and safe houses in the North and all the buddies unlocked and alive so hopefully I can keep them alive.
DemonI81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 03:11 AM   #103
DirtyMcHater

DirtyMcHater's Gamercard

Well I finally found the girl now in a safe house and it says she's rescue ready, so good news, I guess.
Old 10-30-2008, 09:23 AM   #104
n3wton

n3wton's Gamercard
Best in Class 20
Get highest xp total in one match (Ranked Match)

(this only seems to work on standard ranked deathmatch (not team) so dont know if you wanna amend the front page)
Old 10-30-2008, 10:04 AM   #105
Ka1n007

I have played the game through (finished today) and can tell you to subvert the missions you must do all of what your friends tell you to do while on your mission for ufll or apr. I can confirm this bc I had to reload a save and play missions over to get it. Concerning the buddies this is what im starting to think: The buddies are actually friends that you rescue. Like in my game I rescued the romanian guy on a mission and I read elsewhere that there are locked roomed scatted throughout the game with these buddies. Im thinking thats what the third faction achievement is in which case keeping one or two friends alive wont matter.
Ka1n007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 11:28 AM   #106
the_b1ues

Radiantmist's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ka1n007 View Post
I have played the game through (finished today) and can tell you to subvert the missions you must do all of what your friends tell you to do while on your mission for ufll or apr. I can confirm this bc I had to reload a save and play missions over to get it. Concerning the buddies this is what im starting to think: The buddies are actually friends that you rescue. Like in my game I rescued the romanian guy on a mission and I read elsewhere that there are locked roomed scatted throughout the game with these buddies. Im thinking thats what the third faction achievement is in which case keeping one or two friends alive wont matter.
That is the Third Faction its says in the description save them from there predicerments. Which means save them from were they are tired up or what ever other thing is stopping them.

Old 10-30-2008, 02:14 PM   #107
DoctorGremlin

Where do i find the buddies in die southern area? I found all 6 in the northern one, but only got 3 of 5 in the southern one... Anyone knows where to find them?
DoctorGremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 07:48 PM   #108
Consume Tea

Quote:
Originally Posted by n3wton View Post
Best in Class 20
Get highest xp total in one match (Ranked Match)

(this only seems to work on standard ranked deathmatch (not team) so dont know if you wanna amend the front page)
I got this in Team Deathmatch. I think the MP ones are really glitchy. I have played every match from the start to finish on ranked matches but still do not have that one.
Consume Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 08:54 PM   #109
DirtyMcHater

DirtyMcHater's Gamercard

******May Contain Spoilers*******

Ok, now I'm really fkign confused. So I get to the church and buddies mission, so I decided to go save the buddies. I get there and I take out about 4 - 5 people outside, I then go inside and helped the guy with the refrigerator and bang! Windows brake they start shooting everyone, I see one of my buddies fall so I go and try to revive him and died :/

By the time I wake up I am in this fking truck in the middle of a sandstorm, I fall off the truck and now I have to make to a shelter.. Well I tried opening the map and of course it doesn't work and I have no idea where I'm going.

I finally collapse and wake up in some fking type of house, hut, idk (it's that supposed to be a shelter?) What's this the way it was supposed to happened? Now The only 3 buddies I had are all dead :/ WTF?!? Did I do something wrong? Did I all of the sudden devide by ZERO? Should I restart one of my saves?.. OMFG... This is hectic. :/

Edit/Note : The buddies are not 'dead' it's status : Missing.. I guess they're MIA.

Last edited by DirtyMcHater; 10-30-2008 at 08:59 PM.
DirtyMcHater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 10:27 PM   #110
the_b1ues

Radiantmist's Gamercard

Yeh happened to me its part of the story i think happened to a guy i no also and he still got the Third Faction. It doesnt matter what happens to them as long as you meet all 11 then its fine.

Old 10-30-2008, 11:03 PM   #111
DirtyMcHater

DirtyMcHater's Gamercard

ooohhh.. I see.. thanks for answering man, Although I decided to keep on with the story, it was bugging me a bit. I thought I was not going to meet the 3rd faction. So, yay!
Old 10-30-2008, 11:14 PM   #112
the_b1ues

Radiantmist's Gamercard

Yeh so did I. I got onto the south district a while back before i new there was 6 buddies so i had to re load a save that was on the North. After i did this one of buddies died without me knowing and i saved be mistake. I was worried to but someone told me as long as you save them it will be ok.

Old 10-30-2008, 11:31 PM   #113
oOThrissy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyMcHater View Post
******May Contain Spoilers*******

Ok, now I'm really fkign confused. So I get to the church and buddies mission, so I decided to go save the buddies. I get there and I take out about 4 - 5 people outside, I then go inside and helped the guy with the refrigerator and bang! Windows brake they start shooting everyone, I see one of my buddies fall so I go and try to revive him and died :/

By the time I wake up I am in this fking truck in the middle of a sandstorm, I fall off the truck and now I have to make to a shelter.. Well I tried opening the map and of course it doesn't work and I have no idea where I'm going.

I finally collapse and wake up in some fking type of house, hut, idk (it's that supposed to be a shelter?) What's this the way it was supposed to happened? Now The only 3 buddies I had are all dead :/ WTF?!? Did I do something wrong? Did I all of the sudden devide by ZERO? Should I restart one of my saves?.. OMFG... This is hectic. :/

Edit/Note : The buddies are not 'dead' it's status : Missing.. I guess they're MIA.

No worries buddy, it's story related.
The will always die in the church/buddy resque mission, i've tried about 40 times to save them and not 1 time i managed to save them, the always died in just a couple of seconds.

Last edited by oOThrissy; 10-30-2008 at 11:55 PM.
oOThrissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 11:38 PM   #114
oOThrissy

Wages of Conflict 10
To get this achievement you'll need 1000 conflict diamonds.
How to get it: You'll need to find all 221 briefcases and needed to have done all payed missions and that gifs you a total of 1000 conflict diamonds.

Last edited by oOThrissy; 10-31-2008 at 12:00 AM.
Old 10-30-2008, 11:45 PM   #115
the_b1ues

Radiantmist's Gamercard

So that basicly all the Cell tower missions and all the main missions then

Old 10-30-2008, 11:52 PM   #116
oOThrissy

Quote:
So that basicly all the Cell tower missions and all the main missions then
Yes, those 2 are the only payed missions in the game.

Last edited by oOThrissy; 10-30-2008 at 11:59 PM.
Old 10-30-2008, 11:58 PM   #117
the_b1ues

Radiantmist's Gamercard

Cool nice one. Did you get the achievement? Any more infor on the South Territory buddies

Old 10-31-2008, 12:06 AM   #118
oOThrissy

Yeah i got it yesterday, atm i've got all the single player achievements and woking on the online now atm.
Will try to make a map soon with all buddies locations included.
Old 10-31-2008, 12:11 AM   #119
oOThrissy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorGremlin View Post
Where do i find the buddies in die southern area? I found all 6 in the northern one, but only got 3 of 5 in the southern one... Anyone knows where to find them?
I've posted a pic of 1 buddy located in the south on the 3rd page.
Not sure if you already got it.

*SPOILER*

You'll get the 5th and last buddy true a mission by 1 of the factions.
Old 10-31-2008, 12:39 AM   #120
the_b1ues

Radiantmist's Gamercard

Ok cool so that covers all 5 buddies in the south or is there 6 in the south??