PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Sports and Fitness > NHL 2K7
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-26-2006, 02:18 AM   #1
MikeS437

Send a message via AIM to MikeS437

Mike437's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Penalty shot achievement

before i rent this game, is the penalty shot achievement as hard or harder than 2k6's? cuz i really dont feel like watsing 5 hours playing waiting for the stupid penalty shot!
MikeS437 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 12:52 PM   #2
PSonic

PSonic's Gamercard
From what I've read, this achievement is glitched. No one has this achievement. Might save you some time.
PSonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 01:18 PM   #3
Wreckon Dracgon

Wreckon Dracgon's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Gamerscore League Season 7 Winner   Gamerscore League Season 5 Winner   Donator - Level 1   A+ Thread Award   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Gamer Score League First Place, Season 3   Word of Mouth   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter   Gamer Score League First Place, Season 2   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Yes the achievement is glitched... I spent a couple hours trying to get this and it won't unlock.
Old 10-05-2006, 05:20 AM   #4
Fawk Cue

Fawk Cue's Gamercard
Details, details, we need details. The achievement clearly says score on a penalty shot in a single player game. To me that means no switching sides, no adding a second controller. So, did you score on a penalty shot in a single player game in all star difficulty and not mess with any controllers?
Fawk Cue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 10:53 AM   #5
Wreckon Dracgon

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Gamerscore League Season 7 Winner   Gamerscore League Season 5 Winner   Donator - Level 1   A+ Thread Award   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Gamer Score League First Place, Season 3   Word of Mouth   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter   Gamer Score League First Place, Season 2   Submit - Bronze
First off we don't like gamesavers around here... second of all the achievement is glitched. Meaning you can't unlock it no matter what you do. But to answer you question yes I've scored countless goals on all-star, against the cpu, without messing with the controllers. If you look at the leaderboard on mygamercard.net you'll see no one has the achievement.
Old 10-05-2006, 01:25 PM   #6
Fawk Cue

Fawk Cue's Gamercard
Hmmmm, Tell me something, If I game save then why don't I have 1000 in RR6, Hitman, and Far Cry like everyone else? I might boost with people like most do on here, and if I did game save i'd have a hell of alot more than 46,000 points.

Last edited by Fawk Cue; 10-05-2006 at 01:27 PM.
Old 10-05-2006, 01:47 PM   #7
Wreckon Dracgon

There is no way in hell you got all of N3 done in one day and even if you say no... a quick comparison of XBL, and your gamerpoint history says to me that "damn your great at Rumble Roses XX". Also you need only look at your Madden Achievements on 9/11 again damn your great... and I don't want to hear about simulating I wrote the damn guide for Madden and I know even simulating all games it takes longer than that. Even if you come up with excuses for those I bring to you the fact that after gamesaving Madden, Quake 4, and Rumble Roses XX on 9/11 and 9/12 you played 39 other games on 9/12 to clear them from your queue and push them to the bottom.

I don't understand why you cheating bastards don't just have the balls to say "Yes I cheat, I don't have the time and skill to play games, and I like my ego being rubbed by 10 year olds who find my score impressive, so I cheat"

Last edited by Wreckon Dracgon; 10-05-2006 at 01:56 PM.
Wreckon Dracgon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 11:50 AM   #8
Fawk Cue

Fawk Cue's Gamercard
All this because I asked about how you did the penalty. You're angry and probably have little tiny balls. My gamertag was created for people just like you, so read it. Too many people know it all. Madden can be easily done in a day, because thats not a gamesave. All of your 2006 Fifa World Cup Germany achievements have no date. I guess that means you gamesave. See how easy it is to point a finger. I could probably look into it further and find more, but I won't. Seems that those that are so quick to judge are feeling guilty about something.

Last edited by Fawk Cue; 10-06-2006 at 01:20 PM.
Old 10-06-2006, 12:57 PM   #9
Webb
Ninja Editor

Webb x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Referrals - Gold   PAX Meet 2010   x360a Book Club   A+ Thread Award   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff - Administrator   10,000 posts   Submit - Gold   Bright Idea   Gears of War Tournament Final Four   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Now now people. Back on topic. Keep it to PM if you have to.

Marge: Have you noticed any change in Bart
Homer: New glasses?
Marge: Noooo... He looks like something maybe disturbing him
Homer: Probably misses his old glasses
Marge: We could get more involved in Bart's activities, but then I'd be afraid of smothering him
Homer: Yeah, and then we'd get the chair.
Marge: That's not what I meant!
Homer: It was Marge, admit it.
Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 01:13 PM   #10
Fawk Cue

Fawk Cue's Gamercard
Sorry Webb, I just hate being accused of things. I'm done venting.
Old 10-06-2006, 01:44 PM   #11
L3giOn

I L3giOn I's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Gears of War Annex Challenge Runners Up   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter   Gears of War Tournament Final Four   Submit - Bronze   Street Fighter 2 Runner-up   Donator - Level 1   UNO - Gold
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawk Cue View Post
Sorry Webb, I just hate being accused of things. I'm done venting.
But you're not done getting banned. We don't condone flaming or cheating here, and you're guilty of both.
Old 10-06-2006, 01:49 PM   #12
Fawk Cue

Fawk Cue's Gamercard
I'm sorry but boosting is CLEARLY cheating. So ban evryone. How many of you got 50 tournament wins in Table Tennis. NONE. Ban me, who cares.
Old 10-06-2006, 02:10 PM   #13
L3giOn

I L3giOn I's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Gears of War Annex Challenge Runners Up   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter   Gears of War Tournament Final Four   Submit - Bronze   Street Fighter 2 Runner-up   Donator - Level 1   UNO - Gold
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawk Cue View Post
I'm sorry but boosting is CLEARLY cheating. So ban evryone. How many of you got 50 tournament wins in Table Tennis. NONE. Ban me, who cares.
I'm just saying you're on watch, so behave yourself.
Old 10-06-2006, 02:44 PM   #14
Fawk Cue

Fawk Cue's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wreckon Dracgon View Post
First off we don't like gamesavers around here.
Then I hope the person who started this flaming mess is on watch as well.
Old 10-06-2006, 02:48 PM   #15
Fawk Cue

Fawk Cue's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by x L3giOn x View Post
But you're not done getting banned. We don't condone flaming or cheating here, and you're guilty of both.
Add yourself to the flaming list as well while you're at it.
Old 10-06-2006, 02:53 PM   #16
Webb
Ninja Editor

Webb x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Referrals - Gold   PAX Meet 2010   x360a Book Club   A+ Thread Award   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff - Administrator   10,000 posts   Submit - Gold   Bright Idea   Gears of War Tournament Final Four   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
I don't wanna see any posts from any of you that aren't on topic now.

No accusations, no gamesave shit, nothing...

Thanks

Marge: Have you noticed any change in Bart
Homer: New glasses?
Marge: Noooo... He looks like something maybe disturbing him
Homer: Probably misses his old glasses
Marge: We could get more involved in Bart's activities, but then I'd be afraid of smothering him
Homer: Yeah, and then we'd get the chair.
Marge: That's not what I meant!
Homer: It was Marge, admit it.
Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 06:01 PM   #17
Lonsta DaMonsta

Send a message via AIM to Lonsta DaMonsta

Lonsta DaMonsta's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Gamerscore League Season 7 Winner   A+ Thread Award   Word of Mouth   Submit - Silver   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
A) It's been confirmed that this achievement is glitched.

B) ... I actually did win 50 tournaments in Table Tennis....

First legit 1000 in Rockstar Table Tennis
First person to have 1750 in three different games
Lonsta DaMonsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 07:16 PM   #18
Crash

Crash xtr's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Book Club   Forza Tournament -  Made the Final Race   Gears of War Annex Challenge Runners Up   Submit - Gold   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Gears of War Tournament Final Four   Gamer Score League First Place, Season 2   Word of Mouth   Member of the Month   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonsta DaMonsta View Post
A) It's been confirmed that this achievement is glitched.

B) ... I actually did win 50 tournaments in Table Tennis....

A) Yet another glitched achievement. I wish they would spend a little more time testing some of these game's achivements before shipping.

B) Congrats once again on that accomplishment. Not very many people can claim that.

Crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 09:01 PM   #19
Public Enemy
Banned User

Yeah, got as well 50 tourney wins on TT. And it was pretty easy. My rec is 511 wins - 22 losses. Then I stopped trying for the goat cuz u cant get it legit
Public Enemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 02:51 PM   #20
Cause

Send a message via AIM to Cause Send a message via MSN to Cause Send a message via Yahoo to Cause

Ninersfan666's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Donator - Level 4   Word of Mouth   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Will they ever send the patch for the penatly shot achivement?????

Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 05:14 PM   #21
Lonsta DaMonsta

Send a message via AIM to Lonsta DaMonsta

Lonsta DaMonsta's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Gamerscore League Season 7 Winner   A+ Thread Award   Word of Mouth   Submit - Silver   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
I highly doubt it... 2k has better things to than to fix or patch one hockey achievement...

But you never know..

First legit 1000 in Rockstar Table Tennis
First person to have 1750 in three different games
Lonsta DaMonsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 05:57 PM   #22
Kaens

Send a message via AIM to Kaens Send a message via MSN to Kaens

kaens's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Platinum   Referrals - Bronze   Donator - Level 5   1,000 Posts   Bright Idea   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wreckon Dracgon View Post
I don't understand why you cheating bastards don't just have the balls to say "Yes I cheat, I don't have the time and skill to play games, and I like my ego being rubbed by 10 year olds who find my score impressive, so I cheat"
I hope quoting that is not too off topic but god damn Wreckon just earned a FR from me because that was awesome! These are the types of people I want to play games with!

Oh and for on topic - yeah achievement is glitched, everyone knows it except from some gamesavers who never played the game.
Old 01-06-2007, 06:41 AM   #23
adamnikyo

i didn't know it. i just found out by reading this thread. i'm glad i didn't waste my time.
adamnikyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 05:18 AM   #24
Cephalic Trauma

I had not put this game in for almost a year. Put it in last night and it didnt even have an update. That is very odd for a sports game in general..so yeah they obviously have not made a patch for this yet...now if EA would just re-open the servers for NBA LIVE 06 so I can get that online win achievement..
Cephalic Trauma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 06:02 PM   #25
mig0

MIG0's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Ok folks lets get this back on topic.

Has anyone been able to get a penalty shot (nevermind making it or getting the achievement for it)? How do you get awarded a penalty shot in the first place?
mig0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 06:05 PM   #26
towelie07

TOWELIE07's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Why would 2k just quit on one of their games? It's almost 2 years old now; I understand that, but even back when it came out, they didn't even bother to update it? That's just wrong!

All Achievements Arcade - 68
towelie07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 05:03 AM   #27
Martin Biron
Banned User

stinkyx dead x's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by towelie07 View Post
Why would 2k just quit on one of their games? It's almost 2 years old now; I understand that, but even back when it came out, they didn't even bother to update it? That's just wrong!
why wwould they care? they are making money regardless. They keep making games, we keep buying them. as long as we keep buying them they wont care about ONE fricking glitched achievement, even now with the game being almost 2 years old, what would the point of wasting time and effot with making a patch for ONE achievement, why is everyone complaining, i dont get it. Just be glad your playing the damn game!!!! but i guess there are people who would rather complain about something that will never get made/done. If thats the case can i complain that i dont have sex with super models? Back on topic, dont expect a patch any time soon, or for ever for that matter. Its been 2 years and still no patch. Which means they could care less becauce they are making more game which we are buying. Also keep in mind, nothing is perfect! prime example, the glitch achievement, just be glad you had the chance to play it!
Martin Biron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 03:03 PM   #28
Var 18

Send a message via AIM to Var 18

Var18's Gamercard
In response to the email before me: The reason most people (including me) dislike this achievement is because it stops you from getting that well sought after 1000/1000. It just doesn't look as good when your missing one achievement. I personally thing a patch would be nice... but that isn't going to happen.

In response to a previous email about how a penalty shot is given: (or for whoever still looks that this dead forum lol) The most common way is when you are on a breakaway and you get hooked from behind. So since it was impeding you from a real breakaway, you get another one (a penalty shot). If that made any sense, you can also get it because of other things that dont involve you being impeded on a breakaway, but that would be unlikey to impossible.

~Var
Var 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 10:51 PM   #29
ZapTor

Is this achievement still glitched? I mean if you install the game on your hard drive, is this achievement still glitched??
ZapTor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 07:46 AM   #30
Rockzyk

Rockzyk's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by towelie07 View Post
It's just like Martin Biron said. The creators don't care about taking the time to make a patch to fix one achievement just to appease us "no life achievement hoarders" (nobody actually said that, but that's what I see them saying). They have better stuff to do with their time and money. It's the same way with the Moto GP 08 complete all challenges achievement. We just have to get over the fact that their is one less game to 100%.
Rockzyk is offline   Reply With Quote