There are 65 achievements with a total of 1500 points.
Show / Hide Guide Road Map
Estimated achievement difficulty: 8/10
Estimated time for 1000: 70-100 hours (depending on skill)
Offline: 55 (1360)
Online: 10 (140)
Minimum playthroughs: 1playthrough
Missable achievements: 1 (Liberty City Minute) if you waste time.
Glitched achievements: None!
Cheats disable achievements: Yes
The Lost and Damned DLC
Time to 250: 6-7 Hours
The Ballad of Gay Tony DLC
Time to 250: 10-20 Hours
Grand Theft Auto IV is a fantastic game that comes with a unique set of achievements. To try and save time, you will want to get everything in one playthrough. As long as your focus is concentrated on completing the story, you will complete it in under 30 hours. The multiplayer can also be frustrating, as you will want to stay organized to keep from going off-track.
Single Player Step 1:
Concentrate on completing the main story as quickly as possible. Through the story, you should get Off the Boat, Lowest Point, Walk Free, Fed the Fish, Half Million, Impossible Trinity, Full Exploration, Gracefully Taken, That Special Someone, You Won!, and Liberty City Minute.
Most of the other achievements can be done after the story, however there is one achievement you will want to get early on to avoid a hassle. Find out how to do the Algonquin bridge trick from YouTube or the forums here on x360a and get the One Man Army achievement early on before the trick is no longer possible.
Step 1b: During the story, you will encounter many friends. They will invite you to do certain activities. Always try to accept invitations to activities with friends; doing all possible activities with your friends is a requirement towards 100% (if left alive) and will increase your likeness percentage. Doing this should get you One Hundred and Eighty, Pool Shark, Gobble Gobble, Driving Mr. Bellic, Retail Therapy, That’s How We Roll!, Dial B for Bomb, Warm Coffee, and Liberty City (5).
Note: Don’t go out of your way to do side missions and calling your friends 24/7 to do activities with them. You need to get the story done in under 30 hours if you don’t want to go through another playthrough. If you find yourself failing a mission several times in a row and you’re pushing 30 hours, consider exiting out of the game and re-loading.
Now that you have the story done, it’s time to get done some of those oddball achievements that you may have not gotten during the story. You should get King of QUB3D, Finish Him, Wheelie Rider, Rolled Over, Chain Reaction, It’ll Cost Ya, and Sightseer.
Time to finish all of your side quests that you may have not completed. This includes street races, bridges, pigeons, stunt jumps, cars, and any other quests. You should get Genetically Superior, Courier Service, Order Fulfilled, Manhunt, Cleaned the Mean Streets, You Got the Message, Dare Devil, Assassin’s Greed, Endangered Species, Under the Radar, and No More Strangers.
Note #2: It may help to keep a checklist or use a guide for the completionist achievements such as pigeons, stunt jumps, random characters, and friends activities. There are some excellent guides on this site that can help you stay organized with these achievements.
Step 3a Single Player conclusion: With all the above completed you should get Key to the City for 100% completion. Check out the excellent Key to the City guide if you are missing something and struggling to figure out what it was.
Multiplayer Note: Some of these achievements help if you are the host. If you are having trouble being a host consider using the Achievement Trading Thread in order to get some of these achievements quicker.
First, get the achievement Top of the Food Chain, as it is very easy to boost. You should also get Cut your Teeth after this game.
Find some friends in the achievement trading thread and try and beat the times for the co-op games. 007Craft has made some excellent videos on beating them. You should then get Fly the Co-Op.
Time to start working on Auf Wiedersehen Petrovic. Find a checklist online and start keeping track of games you have won so you aren’t repeating yourself. This will take a while, especially the races. You should get Teamplayer, Join the Midnight Club, Taking if for the Team, Top the Midnight Club, Let Sleeping Rockstars Lie, and finally, Auf Wiedersehen Petrovic.
Step 4/Multiplayer Conclusion:
If you have not gotten “Wanted” yet, consider boosting with friends and doing “Hangman’s NOOSE” several times, as this is reportedly the fastest way to rank up. After getting Wanted, you will have gotten the original 50 achievements for 1000 in Grand Theft Auto IV.
Lost and Damned DLC
While in-game, be sure to start up a new game with Lost and Damned. The DLC achievements are easy and straight-forward, the hardest being hitting 69 bikers while racing. Completing the DLC's story will unlock TLAD: On Percenter, TLAD: The Lost Boy, and TLAD: Easy Rider. There's 23 total missions in the DLC, so you'll unlock all three by the end. After completing the story, be sure to call upon Terry and Clay before doing gang wars, etc. Up their toughness to 100% and you'll earn TLAD: Full Chat. To knock off 69 bikers, you'll need to do some races. There's 12 races total, but you can replay them as many times as you wish. Hit off 69 for TLAD: Get Good Wood.
Ballad of Gay Tony DLC
While in-game, be sure to start up a new game with The Ballad of Gay Tony. BoGT has two story based achievement, TBoGT: Diamonds are Forever and TBoGT: Maestro, which you will unlock by playing (and completing) the story. You will earn TBoGT: Gone Down by completing all base jumps. You can use base jumps after Yusuf's second mission. After Tony's second mission, you can play some golf. Hit the flag with the golf ball four times for TBoGT: Four Play. After completing a mission for Luis' mother, you have the ability to participate in Cage fights. Visit the cage fighting arena, win all 18 fights (6 rounds, 3 opponents each) to earn ToGT: Bear Fight. Fly to the highest possible height with a helicopter and parachute out to earn TBoGT: Adrenaline Junkie. Open the parachute right before to hit the ground for it to unlock. Visit Maisonette 9 and Hercules for the dancing mini games. Dance perfectly at both and you'll earn TBoGT: Catch the Bus. TBoGT: Snow Queen can be unlocked after completing 25 drug wars. These are available after the second mission for Luis' mother. Now, the hardest achievements for this DLC are TBoGT: PAst the Velvet Rope and TBoGT: Gold Star. They require you to complete all missions to 80% and 100%. When playing through missions, you'll see different objectives you complete to earn the percentage. Once one is completed, its finished, so replaying missions is a must. Check out this thread for a guide on each mission.
And that's it. Grand Theft Auto IV. One of the Xbox 360's biggest games. It comes with a rather hefty achievement list, with plenty of variety and plenty of DLC. Don't forget to read up on guides if you ever get stuck. Maintain persistence and 1500 is yours.
[X360A would like to thank StlrsROC and Yunder for this Roadmap]
The achievement will be unlocked after you complete the first mission, "The Cousins Bellic" which is the training mission, which acclimates you to how to drive the car and navigate around. Complete the mission by escorting Roman back to his apartment.
Go to any bar/pub that has a dart board, you do not need to do this with a friend. If you don't know where to go to play darts, you can call up a friend and ask to play some darts. After you pick them up, the location will be on your radar. Once at the pub, walk up to the board and start the game with . Then, when the target is hovering over the triple 20 (inside ring, top number), press to steady your aim, throw the dart by pressing .
Then do it 2 more times in a row.
**Can be done after completing story mode**
**Note About Darts** This is for those of you who are not familiar with the rules of darts. The particular game played in the pubs is "301" which means that both players start at 301, and work their way down to 0. You need to hit 0 exactly, if you go over (under) you will bust and have to try again.
On the board you will notice 20 slices each worth a different number of points. Shoot the dart into a slice, and you will knock that amount of points off your total on your way down to zero. Along the outer rim of the board, you will notice a ring. This ring is worth double. So if you're shooting at a 20, and your dart lands in the double ring, it's worth 40. Likewise, you will notice an inner ring, which is worth triple points (and the one needed for this achievement).
Now, above and beyond simply shooting darts for this achievement, it is also required that you beat all of your friends at darts (who enjoy darts, and are needed for 100% completion). As you work your way down to zero, you need to keep in mind that your final dart that brings you exactly to zero must be shot into the doubles ring in order for you to win.
For example, if you have 13 points, shooting a 13 will bust your score (no double), as well as shooting a 14 will (going over). An example of a winning set for a 13 score would be to shoot a 3, and then a double 5 for your final dart.
The quickest way to get this started is call up a friend and ask to play some pool. This can be done while you're working for any of the friend achievements, such as "Dial B for Bomb" and also when you're trying to pick up a girl for "Warm Coffee."
After you pick your friend up, the location will be on your radar. Once at the pub, walk up to the table and start the game with . Billiards can be a rather complex game, but GTA has done a fairly good job of simplifying it. In essence, one player shoots the striped balls in, the other shoots the solids, and once a player has their balls sunk, they may shoot for the 8-ball. When the 8 is pocketed after all other balls are, that player wins. However, if the 8 is pocketed before the rest of your balls, you lose.
When it's your turn, you will see a dotted white line coming from your ball. This is the path your ball will take when you shoot. The computer actually does a very good job of lining the shots up for you. If you do no aiming, take the shot that it gives you, you should make the ball almost every time.
When you are looking down the path your ball will take, press to enter shooting mode. Now pull back to pull the stick back, and push it forward to shoot. Those are the basics you will need to win the game. Almost all advanced billiards mechanics such as English are included in the game, but to obtain the achievement you shouldn't need to worry about those things.
If you find yourself struggling, as is stated, one of the main rules of billiards is if you shoot the 8 ball early, you lose, so wait and eventually an opponent may shoot that ball in for you, granting you an automatic win.
QUB3D is a machine that can be found all round the island. There is one in first strip club as you go in the front door on the left. There is also one in the same bar as the first pool hall you enter. (See "Pool Shark") The high score is 10,950, but the achievement will not unlock until after you finish the game. The main point of QUB3D is that blocks will fall from the top to the bottom much like Tetris, and you need to get similar colors to land so that 4 blocks of the same color are connected, and then that color block will disappear.
A counter is performed in a fist fight by pressing to dodge when your opponent attacks you, then following up with to make your counter attack.
The most important part of this achievement is timing. When your opponent swings at you, quickly press and hold to dodge their attack, then let up and press down to counter them while their arm is still extended in attack position. Complete 10 of those within four minutes.
Note: If you die, it does not reset your counter-count, you pick up right where you left off, you only lose the amount of time wasted dying and respawning.
After completing the mission "Number 1" for Brucie, you unlock the ability to compete in street races. Brucie will call you on your phone soon after the mission is over, and explain that any time you want to race, give him a call to set one up. Win 20 races to unlock the achievement.
Now, initially you only have the option to do 9 races, as is the total required for 100%. You need to be standing on the 1st island and call Brucie, he will then set you up for one of the three possible races on the 1st island. Once all three are completed, he will tell you that there are no more. You then need to travel to Algonquin, call him, win those three races, then go to Alderney, call him, and win those three races.
After that, he will send you a text message telling you that you won all the races, and can call him back whenever to race any of them again. At this point, you have completed your quota for 100% completion, but still need 11 more for the achievement. At this point, they work like every other friend activity. Sometimes he won't answer, sometimes he won't know of any, and sometimes he'll set you up with a race.
Obtain a bike and head for the airport. Go to one end of the runway, and start to accelerate. While doing this, pull back on the to start you wheelie. Keep going as far as you can, and then let your bike down. If you made it far enough, the achievement will unlock, if not, return to the end and try again. The runway works best because you have a very long distance where you can drive perfectly straight without worrying about cars pulling in front of you. It is also important to note that performing a wheelie is easier on a slower bike, such as a moped style bike, so if you're having trouble maintaining a wheelie, seek out one of these and you may have better luck.
A great tip for the three strikes in a row (Bowling) which always works, is the following:
Choose a Half-Time or a Full-Time Game, it doesn't matter.
Go to the left (first) lane.
Wait till Niko gets the ball in his hands.
Hold the to the left, till Niko does two whole steps to the left.
Press to get into shooting position.
Push the down for one second (if you bring it back too soon, you will throw the ball too fast and you won't get the strike), then push it back up. When pushing it forward, try to push it straight up, and just a hair to the right.
Throughout the course of the game, you will have the opportunity to make up to five friends. Each friend has certain activities that they favor over others, and through doing social activities with them, they will begin to like you. Once they like you enough, they will offer their unique services to you. To access their special abilities, press --> to open the cell phone menu, to open the phone book, scroll down to your friend's name, press , scroll to their special ability, and press again to ask them for it. If they are available to help you, they will tell you, though sometimes they may be busy, as they have their own lives as well.
Now, there is no rhyme or reason to when your friend will offer their services. Once you have reached the necessary "Like" level, sometime in the future, your friend will give you a call to offer their ability to you, so once you have the correct stats, just be patient.
This particular achievement is unlocked through befriending Roman. He is awake 24 hours a day, and when you have reached a 60% "Like" level from Roman, and will go away if you drop below 15%. See "Liberty City (5)" for advice on what activities will help raise his "Like" level the best.
You can check your progress:
Start--> Stats--> General--> Roman Like
Roman's special ability is that you can call him up and he will send a taxi to pick you up and take you anywhere, free of charge.
Head to the airport runway in a fast car (Infernus, Super GT, police.... etc). Scattered in the grass by the runway you will see small yellow ramps. Locate one, retreat back aways, approach at top speed, aim for only half your car to actually hit the ramp, and sit back and count the spins.
There is another location that just may work better, but has been unconfirmed, and is just an idea of mine. Looking at the stunt jumps map, go to jump #8. You jump the ramp, and it is a very far ways down. I just hit the corner of it in a Super GT accidentally, and I counted eight barrel rolls before I hit the ground. I can't verify if it works, as I already have the achievement. Any input would be great
There is also a method of stringing together rolls to get the achievement, see video:
Get yourself a two star wanted level. Then summon a cab by calling your cousin Roman, provided you have unlocked "Driving Mr. Bellic," and choose a destination a far distance from you. While riding, hold and you'll aim your gun out the window. Then cause as much mayhem as possible until you get up a four star wanted level. Then let go of and press and you'll be transported to your destination with no police around, so your level will disappear. This only works in one of your cousin's cabs, as in a standard taxi, the driver will run away if you earn a wanted level.
These are Little Jacob's side missions, and require you to deliver some..... "product" for him.
This is much easier than the game leads you to believe. Call Jacob on the phone and ask him for work to get the mission started. Hail a cab with , and have them take you to the car where the product is. Once you get out of the cab, immediately hail it again so it doesn't drive off. Then get in the car, and immediately get back out and run to your waiting cab. Have the taxi take you to your destination, and get out and hail it again. Run to the drop off point, deliver the package, and call Jacob for another job. The taxi should be still waiting for you to begin the process all over again.
The missions will spawn in a random order, the numbers exist only for organization here in this guide.
1. Cerveza Heights: Go into the alley to find your target marker. As you plant your drugs, you will be ambushed by a group of hostiles that you will need to eliminate.
2. Outlook Park: Go into the tunnel in the park to find your target marker. As you plant your drugs, you will be ambushed by a group of hostiles that you will need to eliminate.
3. Willis Alley: When you go into the alley, you will find a group of people that you will deal your wares to. After you complete the deal you will have an instant 2-star wanted level. Do what you need to do to evade it.
4. Schottler: Your target will be in a tunnel under the Dukes Expressway that you will have 30 in-game minutes to get to. Using the taxi trick is the easiest way to get there in time.
5. Meadows Park: Go around to the side of the church near the dumpster to find your target marker. As you plant your drugs, you will be ambushed by a group of hostiles that you will need to eliminate.
6. Meadow Hills: Go into the alley to find your target marker. As you plant your drugs, you will be ambushed by a group of hostiles that you will need to eliminate.
7. Meadows Park Festival Towers: When you near the group of columns, you will find a group of people that you will deal your wares to. After you complete the deal you will have an instant 2-star wanted level. Do what you need to do to evade it.
8. East Island City Tunnel: Your target will be in a tunnel that you will have 45 in-game minutes to get to. Using the taxi trick is the easiest way to get there in time.
9. Steinway Apartment Tower: Your target will be near the columns to the side of the apartment building, and you will have 50 in-game minutes to get to him. Using the taxi trick is the easiest way to get there in time.
10. Beechwood City: Your target will be in an auto repair shop off the Dukes Expressway that you will have 25 in-game minutes to get to. Using the taxi trick is the easiest way to get there in time.
Unlocked similarly to "Driving Mr. Bellic" except for with Little Jacob.
This ability allows you to purchase guns and have them delivered through your cellphone, same as you can order cabs from Roman, and will be unlocked after you achieve a 75% "Like" level, and will go away if you drop below 40%. Jacob is awake from 1pm to 4am. See "Liberty City (5)" for advice on what activities will help raise his "Like" level the best.
You can check your progress:
Start--> Stats--> General--> Jacob Like
Go to a local ammunition supplier and obtain some explosives, the rocket launcher and standard grenades work the best. Once you have these, choose anywhere in town that makes you happy, preferably somewhere busy. Go into the road, steal a car, and park it so that it blocks traffic. Then steal another one and make the pile of cars bigger. Once you have at least 10 cars in a big pile, start detonating them, and then any surrounding cars until the achievement unlocks.
**Can be done after completing story mode**
Here is the achievement in action by way of a slightly different method:
Here is one method, assuming you have not yet unlocked all the islands:
If you have all islands unlocked, this is obviously impossible. Try this method instead:
You have a safe house outside of Middle Park in Algonquin. Stock up on weapons and ammo (be sure to grab armor), then go to it. You can grab a few big cars for cover, but that's unnecessary. Shoot a few random civilians to get a cop to appear, then shoot him for three stars. A chopper will appear, and you can RPG that down for possibly four or five stars. Through any means, get four or five stars, then head inside. Don't go upstairs, just take cover on the left side (as you enter), at the top of the stairs.
Pick off the cops as they enter the doors to get a six-star rating. Any method you use to get six stars is alright, it's this part that's important. Go to the yellow arrow icon to teleport upstairs. You will now be in your loft, and in the search radius, but completely out of reach to the cops. Just hang out for five minutes.
These are Brucie's side missions that are available through the internet at the Tw@ cafes. Log into your email, accept the car by replying to the e-mail, hail a cab and have them take you to the location on the map, retrieve the vehicles, and then return them to Brucie's garage.
Sometimes you will have to jack them off other people, steal them from in front of the cops or other fun tasks. The better the condition, the more money you get at the garage. You will have to lose your wanted level before the garage takes them however. Use Pay N' Sprays to repair the car if necessary.
The vehicles and the locations they appear in are completely random, though the locational situation will be the same, as well as the same 10 vehicles will be collected.
1. Shottler Alley: There will be drug dealers dealing out of the back of your target vehicle. Eliminate the dealers before going after the car. Once in, lose your wanted level, and return the vehicle to Brucie.
2. Beachwood City Carwash: The vehicle will be parked next to the carwash. There will be guys working on it, but they will not be agressive to you for taking their car.
3. BOABO Docks: You will notice several hooligans guarding your vehicle. Take them out however you deem necessary before approaching the vehicle. You will be very close to Brucie's garage, so you should be able to return it very quickly.
4. Meadow Hills Train Station: Your target vehicle will be parked outside of the train station. Break into the vehicle and do what you need to do to lose your 2-star wanted level before returning to Brucie.
5. Firefly Playground: There will be three thugs guarding your vehicle with bats. You have two main options, get in the unlock car and risk getting pulled out and beaten up, or take them out from a distance and risk a wanted level from your gunfire.
6. Outlook South Slopes: This vehicle will be being driven around town. Use any means to take down the vehicle that you feel most comfortable with, knowing that damaged it is worth less money, and may require a visit to the Pay n Spray. The method that will eliminate the driver is to follow the car around until it is waiting at a red light. Walk up behind the vehicle and sniper the driver through the rear window. If you have trouble getting the vehicle to stop at a red light, at a stop light intersection, drive ahead and block the path of the vehicle. It will try to get around you, but as soon as the red light pops up, the driver will obey the law and stop, leaving him an easy target.
7. Meadows Park: same situation as "Outlook South Slopes"
8. Chase Point Pimp: The driver of your target vehicle will be talking to one of his "employees." Stop a bit away and sniper him off through the windshield.
9. Outlook Park: The previous owner of your vehicle will be in the process of being arrested. That means that the police and owner will be temporarily distracted, allowing you to get in and drive off. They will soon be on your tail though, so do what you need to do to lose your 2-star wanted level before returning to Brucie.
10: Cerveza Heights Parking Garage: As you arrive at your target, the driver will pull out of the garage. One option will be to follow the driver and use the technique of "Outlook South Slopes." Another option would be to arrive at the location on foot and attempt to snipe the driver as he exits the garage.
After you complete "Crime and Punishment" you will have access to police computers. When you enter a police car, and are parked, press to open up the police's computer. Choose to view the most wanted criminals. Each island has 10 criminals that need to be dealt with. When you select your criminal of choice from the Most Wanted menu, a GPS beacon appears on your map and takes you right to them.
1. Maxwell Caughlin: As you approach, he will pull out of an alley. Try to approach on foot, and shoot a rocket at him before he pulls away. If not, you're in for a fun chase, aim for the tires and try to take him down.
2. Scott Guzowski: He and his deviants will be located on the high patio overlooking the city pool. Take cover and come up the stairs on the north side to pick them all off.
3. Antonio Rivette: He and his crew will be holed up in the entranceway to one of the above ground subway terminals. There is no quick and easy way through this one, keep in cover, and keep moving forward until all the red dots are gone.
4. Rodrigo Stavnes: This group will be outside of an apartment complex, and when they see you coming, they will all run to try to escape. Luckily, as they're running, it's rather easy to run them over or gun them down.
5. Fernando Tisdel: When you arrive on the scene the target and a group of his friends will all be loaded up in a car. One well aimed rocket will eliminate this problem for you.
6. Tyler Pickrel: He will be running around the water fountain all alone, either run him over or gun him down.
7. Preston Pecinovsky: You will find this offender and his friends near a group of cars. Shoot rockets at the cars to take them out, and hopefully take out all of the deviants as well. If you don't take out the cars first, when you start shooting, they will all get in cars to make a getaway, making the mission much more difficult.
8. Alonso Goralski: This group of fun seekers will be in a car in the airport. Come around the airport oval clockwise (against traffic). Then when their car spawns, they will drive right at you. As soon as it spawns, get out, and fire a rocket.
9. Bert Reker: This group of deviants will be holed up outside a car junkyard type house. Across the street is a little mini park with trees which is perfect for snipering them all off. Any remaining stragglers can be taken out by going up the right side and looking down on them over the wall.
10. Freddy Paparo: Another group in a car. This time they will be pulling out of a parking lot. Get out quickly and rocket them before it turns into a car chase.
1. Shon Kikuchi: When you approach, he will speed away in a very fast car. Try to approach on foot with a rocket launcher in hand to end the chase before it begins. If that fails, you're in for a fun chase.
2. Jimmy Kand: You will find him on a higher floor in an apartment building. As you work your way up the building you will pass all of his friends. Provided you do not engage them, they will leave you alone. When you find Jimmy, he will be asleep, knife him to take him out without alerting his friends.
3. Simon Nashly: He and his friends will be in and around a multi-story complex. Hide and shoot until all are eliminated, there is no easy way around this one.
4. Tommy Francovic: As you approach he will take off on a bike. Try to approach on foot with a rocket launcher or sniper rifle to end the chase quickly. If that fails, chase him down and try to either shoot out his tires or just run into him to launch him off the bike.
5. Barry Lamora: Start at the western end of the target's apartment building and eliminate his security. He will take off running, so gun him down or get back in your car to give him chase.
6. Lino Friddell: The band of thugs will start in an alley and run towards their car to the north. There is a number of different ways to eliminate them. Though it would be safest to destroy the SUV first, and then go after the individuals, because if any make it past you, you're in for a high speed chase that you don't want to do.
7. Juan Haimo: A group of bikers will drive out of an alley and away from you. Try to approach on foot and launch a rocket at them to end the chase before it begins, otherwise you're in for a fun chase.
8. Darren Covey: When you enter the target's area, you will notice him and his friends near some cars. Again, pull out the rocket launcher to end this mission quickly, then pick off the stragglers using whatever method makes you the happiest.
9. Leo Brodell: Enter the apartment door off the north side of the alley and work your way up to the roof to eliminate Leo and his band of friends.
10. Christov Mahonic: Start out by thinning his goon's ranks by sending a few rockets into his building. When you've cleared a few out, work your way in, being sure to duck and cover to avoid unneccesary injuries.
1. Marty Boldenow: Work your way into the compound and fire a rocket at the parked car to eliminate some of the guards. Hide and peg off the remaining enemies.
2. Noel Katsuda: You will see your group of targets in an open lot. Rocket the parked car to eliminate their escape route, as well as damaging anyone nearby. use the wall by the sidewalk for cover as you take out the remaining resistance.
3. Rodney Mceniry: Enter the alley carefully to take out your targets. Use a combination of grenades and weapon fire to finish off your targets.
4. Glenn Lushbaugh: As you approach, a vehicle with Glenn and his gunman will drive away, so try to approach on foot and shoot a rocket at the escaping car. If that does not eliminate them, prepare for a fun chase. The driver will drop grenades at you and the passenger will shoot at you. Try to take out the tires to get a good shot at the passenger, then go after the car/driver.
5. Phil Bacerra: As you approach the targets, two pickup trucks will take off. Shoot a rocket at each to end the chase before it begins. There will be 2 people in each truck. Your mission is to eliminate all 4 of them. If the rocket approach doesn't work, during the ensueing chase, once the trucks receive enough damage, the passengers will make a run for it, so you can eliminate them that way too.
6. Sergi Szerbin: This gentleman and his friends will be in an open area off of a road, surrounded by many explosive barrels. Shoot some rockets in there to ignite them and take out most of the group, then hide to take out the rest.
7. Danny Hatmaker: Your targets will be hiding amongst shipping containers. use cover to take out your enemies, and also try to avoid being blown up by the explosive containers that litter the area, instead use them to eliminate your enemies.
8. Mervin Eskuchen: As you approach your destination, two Patriots will come out. Take them both out with a rocket launcher to quickly end this mission, otherwise you're in for a chase.
9. Frederick Harrison: As you approach your target there will be a fair amount of enemies around the bridge that are ready to attack you. Take cover, and carefully work your way through eliminating them all.
10. Keenan Burdett: Your targets will be hiding in a parking garage. Make your way up using guns and rockets on the enemies and the cars around them to eliminate your enemies.
After you complete "Crime and Punishment" you will have access to police computers. When you enter a police car, and are parked, press to open up the police's computer. In there you will see a menu to "View Current Crimes." This is going to be your classic Vigilante mission that we've all grown to love. The best part is, they no longer have to be done all at once, you can take your merry time and do them at your leisure.
When you select a current crime on your computer, a red GPS beaon will appear on your map taking you to the offender. Eliminate them, and then repeat with 19 more offenders of peace and justice.
If your police car becomes damaged, here is an easy way to get a new one. Choose an offender to go after. Quickly head to the crime scene, as you're timed on how fast you get there. Once you arrive, you can take your time, so as soon as you arrive at the scene, start wreaking havoc until police arrive to stop you. Kill both cops that come out of the car, then kill the offender. As soon as you complete your mission, your wanted level automatically disappears, so you can go and take the freshly slain cops' car free of charge.
As a note, the computer will tell you what type of a crime you will be going after. Criminal on foot will be the easiest, up to a stolen car chase will take the longest.
When you see a taxi drive past you, you can hail it by pressing , then enter it by walking up to it and holding down . Once inside, you choose your destination, and you are taken there. You have the option to skip the trip by pressing (much faster). For this achievement, pick up a taxi on one island, choose a destination on another, and sit there for the entire ride.
The shortest way to do this is to go to the map and set a way point (hit ) on end of a bridge. Get into a taxi, and have him take you there. Then get out, and immediately press again and get back in the cab. Now go into the map and set a way point for the other side of the bridge. Have him drive there, and the achievement will unlock.
You can also get this achievement on the bridge over to the other island. When the taxi goes to pay the toll, shoot at the car in front of you. The cabbie will get out, and the achievement should unlock.
Go to the Helitours icon on the second island (Right near the bottom). At the Helitours icon, you will see five helicopter landing locations in the shape of a "T." Go on all five helicopters by holding near them; you may have to wait for some to get back, because they will not all be waiting for you at the same time. You also may skip the trip if you wish, and the tour will still count.
Throughout the game there are several women that you have the option of dating. Once you take them out, if they like you enough, when you bring them back home, you will have the option to press to take them to bed. How much they like you is based on several factors, such as the car you're driving, where you purchased your clothes, and where you take her.
Listed below are the women possible to date, how to meet them, the cars they most prefer to be picked up in, their favorite clothing stores, their top four or so favorite social venues (% is based on how much the woman likes that place, out of 100), and finally if sleeping with the woman nets you any special ability. If you sleep with one of the women that do have an ability, there is no rhyme or reason to when they offer it to you. Sometime after you sleep with them you will receive a call from the woman offering her services.
Name: Carmen Ortiz Acquired: Date "SoBoHoe" from Love-meet.net after completing "Out of the Closet" Favorite Cars: Sultan RS, Dukes, Stallion, FXT, E109 Favorite Clothiers: Modo, Perseus Favorite Venues: Any Drinking/Club (90%), Darts (80%), Strip Club (80%), Cabaret/Comedy (80%) Special Ability: Can heal you when you're injured by calling her
Name: Kiki Jenkins Acquired: Date "LawChick" from Love-meet.net after completing "Out of the Closet," and unlocking the island of Algonquin Favorite Cars: Washington, Chavos, Dilettante, Marbella, Willard Favorite Clothiers: Russian, Hats, Glasses Favorite Venues: Jerkov's (85%), Club Liberty (85%), Pool/Dart/Bowling (80%), Cabaret/Comedy (80%) Special Ability: Can get rid of up to a 3 star wanted level by calling her
Name: Alexandra Chilton Acquired: Date "Liberated Woman" from Craplist.net after completing "Out of the Closet," and unlocking the island of Algonquin Favorite Cars: Huntly, Turismo, Stretch, Infernus, Cognoscenti Favorite Clothiers: Perseus Favorite Venues: Pool/Dart/Bowling/Strip Club (80%), Cabaret/Comedy (80%), Steinway Beer Gardens (70%), Lucky Winkles (70%) Special Ability: You will get all clothes in the city for half price for 24 in-game hours after she offers it to you
Name: Kate McReary Acquired: Complete "Waste Not Want Knots" Favorite Cars: Rebla, Patriot, Comet, Habanero, Super GT Favorite Clothiers: Russian Favorite Venues: Darts (80%), Pool (80%), Steinway Beer Gardens (70%), Lucky Winkles (70%)
Unlocked similarly to "Driving Mr. Bellic" except for with Brucie.
This ability allows you order a helicopter through your cellphone, same as you can order cabs from Roman , and will be unlocked after you achieve a 75% "Like" level, and will go away if you drop below 40%. Brucie is awake from 7am to 1am. See "Liberty City (5)" for advice on what activities will help raise his "Like" level the best.
You can check your progress:
Start--> Stats--> General--> Brucie Like
This will unlock as soon as you have $500,000 on hand. After a little while into the game, the missions become worth around $10,000 to $15,000 apiece. Also, when completing Brucie's email missions and Stevie's text message missions, the cars are worth more money if they are in good condition, so remember, as is mentioned in that section of the guide, Pay N' Spray your car before returning it to him. You can also perform odd jobs for people all over town, drive taxis, kill hookers, and other things that it just wouldn't be a GTA game without, to collect enough money to reach this lofty bankroll.
You will also receive $250,000 for completing the mission "Three Leaf Clover," as well as another $250,000 for the deal/revenge mission, so those two missions alone will net you the achievement.
After completing the missions "No. 1" and "Smackdown.," you will receive a text message from Stevie asking you to get a car for him. Once you find and enter the car, you will see a message on the screen that lets you know you have successfully found the car that he was looking for. On your map you will see an icon listed only as "Garage." This is where you will bring the cars back to.
The order of the cars is completely random, but you will always get the same 30 cars. After you deliver a car, Stevie will wait 6 in-game hours before sending you a message for the next car. So if you are looking to do this quickly, going to a safe house and saving your game advances the game ahead 6 hours, so if you drop off a car, then go immediately to a safe house, when you wake up the next text will be waiting for you.
Feel free to check out this very well done interactive flash guide done by one of our members, Kracker Kwon Do which includes a map, with the corresponding screen shots. It is helpful to look at the mini-map in the screen shots to give yourself a better idea of exactly where the jump is and which direction to look in.
1. Head southwest down Lompac Ave and go up the blue ramp at a left to right angle to jump, clear the river, and land on the other side in the intersection without face planting a building.
2. Head up the incomplete Northern Expressway Bridge, and hit the sheet of metal to land on the next section of the bridge, which contains the #3 jump.
3. Follow #2 to land on the middle section, and then jump the next ramp and clear the water to land on the ground or the rooftop. If you're careful, you can do both in a single run.
4. By Rocket St. head northeast up the incomplete overpass and hit the jump to clear the Bohan Garage and land on Guantanamo Ave.
5. Hit the wooden ramp going west to clear the construction site. To get enough speed, start back in the alley by the funeral home.
6. Head north up Concord Ave and use the dumpster to jump over the construction building.
7. Head west down Morris St and hit the ramp, you need to at least make it to the city pool. If you land in the pool, or keep going into the river, you will complete the jump, but try to land on the road between the two.
8. Head east down Brandon Ave, and hit the ramp (which has a pigeon under it) to clear the boulders and land on the road below.
9. Start at the intersection of Hooper and Concord and head northeast up the sloped driveway, jump and land in the street.
10. By Mohanet Ave, head west to hit the wooden ramp. You must clear the shipping container for the jump to be successful.
11. Head west along the highway until you get to where the bridge splits into the 2 sides with the gap down the middle. At the beginning of the gap there will be a small ramp. Head west into the ramp, and land in the gap and therefore below the bridge. It helps to line the jump up if you come west up the southern lane (cars coming at you).
12. Head south down San Jacinto Ave and use the wooden jump to get on the rooftop, so that you can keep going and do jump #13.
13. Get up on the rooftops using stunt jump #12 and use the ramp to clear the train tracks.
14. Head north up Tutelo St and hit the ramp to completely clear the highway to land in the little park on the opposite side by the billboards. Back up as far as you can, because this jump will take a lot of speed to clear.
15. Going south down Lynch St, jump off the wooden planks and land either on or beyond the billboard.
16. Heading west down Tudor St, on the north side of the street you will see a fallen street sign laying across a rock. Drive up the street sign and land on the highway.
17. Heading south down Tudor St, use the dumpster to jump over the fence and land on the highway.
18. Head southeast down Grummer Rd and hit the metal ramp to land in the tunnel.
19. Next to the staircase between the two apartment buildings there is a concrete ramp. Start on Exeter Ave and head east, hit the jump, and land in the next parking lot.
20. Head east down Vespucci Circus to hit the dirt ramp in between the Northwood Heights Bridge and the tracks. You need to either land on the freeway, on the tracks, or in the water.
21. Head east up the wooden ramp between the apartment buildings to land on Walnut Way below.
22. Head south through the parking lot between the apartment buildings to hit the wooden ramp. To hit the jump, you need to land on the curve of Union Drive West, flying over the warehouse.
23. Go down to Garnet Street and climb the stairs in order to get up to the abandoned railway. Head down the rails and hit the jump to land on Union Drive below.
24. Head south through the center of Star Junction and hit the dumpster ramp and land beyond the intersection.
25. Head east down Jade St. and hit the dumpster to clear the next intersection.
26. Hit the east side traffic barrier, fly through the tunnel, and land past the west side barrier.
27. Head east right in front of the building, hit the jump fast to land past the freeway and land on the opposite side.
28. Head north up the alley to hit the metal ramp to clear the fence and land on the next street.
29. Take a motorcycle and head up the stairs of the eastern building to get up on to the balcony. Head west across the balcony to get to the western building. Head north up the wooden ramp to land in the grass below, and enjoy the 4 star wanted level.
30. Head south down Union Drive between the highway medians to hit the wooden ramp. You need to land either below or beyond the pedestrian bridge.
31. This is the a boat jump. Head northwest up the wooden ramp.
32. This is a boat jump. Head north between the barges and hit the wooden ramp.
33. Hit the ramp to jump over the water and land on the helipad.
34. Head east up this wooden ramp to clear the river and land on the opposite side.
35. Head east up the dirt ramp behind the Sportswear Gallery and land near Rand Ave.
36. Head west and hit the dumpster jump to land beyond the hot dog stand.
37. Head south and hit the dirt ramp to land on the freeway below.
38. Hit the ramp on the top of the parking garage and fly far enough to clear the first set of telephone poles.
39. Head south down Beaverhead Ave and jump the steep driveway to clear the back fences.
40. Go north up the beach and hit the dirt ramp.
41. Head northwest through the parking lot behind the grocery store to hit the ramp and fly over onto Beaverhead Ave.
42. Head south and hit the dirt ramp to jump over the highway and land on the opposite side.
43. Head north up Koresh Sq. and jump the stairs to clear the stairs and at least land on the end of the alley.
44. Head south and hit the dumpster jump to clear the intersection and land on Koresh Sq.
45. Head north and use the dumpster jump to clear the highway, and at least land in the opposite lane of traffic.
46. Head north up the western side of the broken bridge to hit the end and jump over Tinderbox Ave.
47. Head south down the rail line and use the dirt jump to land in the street.
48. Head south and hit the wooden ramps to jump over the river and land on the other side.
49. Head east down the freeway and there is a section of the wall missing, which is replaced with a dirt ramp. Hit the ramp and jump through the wooden barricade and land in the street below.
50. Head west down the freeway and there is a section of the wall missing which is replaced with a dirt ramp. Hit the ramp and jump beyond the silos and past the first warehouse.
After completing the mission, "Truck Hustle" you unlock the option to complete assassination missions. You will notice a grey cross hair on your map. This is the location of the pay phone that you will get your mission from. Go to the phone and answer the call, and you will be given instructions on which target you will be taking out. Once at the location, exterminate the target by any means you feel most comfortable with. All that matters is that they die.
The assassination missions you receive will be in a completely random order, so the numbering below is simply for organizational purposes. After receiving your instructions, the contact will provide you weapons and armor. Hail a taxi and have them take you to your target.
1. Migration Control: From where your cab drops you off, run up the sidewalk east towards the helicopter. Once you get about halfway there you should be able to see it past the trees and such. Pull out your rocket launcher, and send three rounds at the helicopter to blow it up.
2. Bailing out for Good: Your target will be walking out of the police station towards a waiting car. Be fast about shooting him because he will quickly get to his car, and then you'll have a high speed chase to deal with. When you shoot him, a couple of his friends will shoot back at you, so stay alert.
3. Derelict Target: You will have 3 targets in an abandoned building. Instead of using a taxi to get to your destination, use a helicopter. Land in the street where your taxi would usually drop you off. As you look down the alley towards the building, on the 3rd floor you can see one of your targets looking out the window. Sniper him off. Next go after the target on the ground floor. He will be standing by a group of cars. He will be alarmed by you shooting his friend, but if you're quick enough, shoot a rocket at the cars to blow him up. If he escapes, he will go to the basement of the building, so just walk into the ground floor, then toss a grenade down the flight of stairs toward him. Then go back to your helicopter. Your final target will be on the top floor below the roof. Land on the roof, and look down one of the holes to shoot your final target. Then just take off.
4. R.U.B. Down: There is a group of bikers in the Acter Industrial Park having a drug deal. When you cab drops you off across the street, pull out the rocket launcher and aim for the middle of them. If you try to kill them individually, they will all get on their bikes and scatter, making it a much more difficult mission.
5. Taken Out: You will see a stretch limo that needs to be eliminated. Send a rocket at it to complete the assassination.
6. Industrial Action: When you arrive, take a look at your map. You will see a group of targets all together, then one off by himself. Go to the lone target, which will take you around back of the buildings and up a flight of stairs. After dealing with him, you will see in front of you two large structures connected by bridges. Pull out your sniper rifle and take down as many targets on the bridges and buildings as you can see. After you can't see any more, work your way up the building in front of you eliminating the enemies there, and by aiming across to the other building.
7. Hook, Line, and Sinker: Your target will be in a boat off the northern coast of Alderney. Follow the GPS path to the target and you will find a boat waiting for you. There is an invisible barrier protecting it from any rocket fire until it is engaged. The best way is just to gun it down with your SMG while chasing it.
8. Dead End: Your target will be driving a silver Patriot. One well aimed shot from your rocket launcher is all it will take, as your taxi will drop you off across the street, giving you a perfect view of your target.
9. Water Hazard: Your target will be just offshore in a boat. From the taxi drop off location, walk towards the water. You will see the target right in front of you. You can either blow up the boat with a rocket, or just sniper off the target if you'd like to be more subtle. You don't need to worry about wanted level, if you get any, it disappears when the target is dead.
Obtain a helicopter by going to the helitours area, or any other means you feel most comfortable with and fly under each of the following bridges:
There are 14 Bridges that are needed for this achievement. When you pass under a required bridge, a message will pop onto your screen letting you know you successfully went under, and how many you have left. If you go under a bridge and do not see the message, go back under it again, because it didn't count.
Ascend using the until at a reasonable height above the water and a few hundred metres from the bridge.
Hold forward on the to start the helicopter moving forward, then release the
Descend using the , you will still be travelling forwards
Once under the bridge, you should have enough forward momentum to take you under, use to descend and to ascend as you move under the bridge to avoid hitting the water or the underside of the bridge.
Low Bridge tips:
This bridge only took me one attempt, but was hard nevertheless. The trick is to hover the helicopter's "feet" in the water as you move very slowly forward. Because this bridge is so low and there is not much of a run-up, you will need to control your speed using the BEFORE attempting to go under.
**Note** You do not need to do all in one flight, but it can be helpful to make sure you don't forget which you've done and which need to be done.
Unlocked similarly to "Driving Mr. Bellic" except for with Packie.
This ability allows you order car bombs through your cellphone, same as you can order cabs from Roman, and will be unlocked after you achieve a 75% "Like" level, and will go away if you drop below 30%. Packie is awake from 3pm to 6am. See "Liberty City (5)" for advice on what activities will help raise his "Like" level the best.
You can check your progress:
Start--> Stats--> General--> Packie Like
Name: Roman Bellic Is awake: 24 hours a day Favorite Activities: Bowling, Darts, Drinking, Eating, Pool, Show, and Strip Club Eating Preferences: Favorite restaurant is Burger Shot. Early in the game when you're poor, he'll eat anywhere, as you progress through the game, he prefers only high class restaurants. Nightspot Preference: Anywhere
Name: Little Jacob Is awake: 1pm until 4am Favorite Activities: Darts, Drinking, Eating, Pool, Show, and Strip Club Eating Preferences: Cluckin' Bell, but he also likes any other fast food restaurants as well. Nightspot Preference: Club Liberty
Name: Brucie Is awake: 7am until 1am Favorite Activities: Boating, Bowling, Drinking, Eating, Helicopter Rides, Show, and Strip Club Eating Preferences: As high class as possible, does not like fast/greasy food. Nightspot Preference: Any high class establishment.
Name: Dwayne Forge Is awake: 11am until 3am Favorite Activities: Bowling, Drinking, Eating, Show, and Strip Club Eating Preferences: Cluckin' Bell, or high class restaurants Nightspot Preference: Club Liberty
Name: Patrick (Packie) McReary Is awake: 3pm until 6am Favorite Activities: Bowling, Darts, Drinking, Pool, Show, and Strip Club Eating Preferences: Burger Shot, Pizza Stack, and Pang Nightspot Preference: Donnie's Bar
You can check your progress:
Start--> Stats--> General--> Roman Like
Start--> Stats--> General--> Jacob Like
Start--> Stats--> General--> Brucie Like
Start--> Stats--> General--> Dwayne Like
Start--> Stats--> General--> Packie Like
**Can be done after completing story mode**
In the course of the game, you can choose certain paths that may kill one or more "friends." If that happens, it's ok, as the achievement says, only the ones left alive must like you over 90%.
As stated, you only need to encounter them. So that means attempting their 1st (or only) mission or seeing them in the context of the storyline.
Several of the characters will provide you with more than one mission. All is explained in detail in the Item & Location sticky. In the description it states if the character will only appear at certain times of the day. If nothing is noted, the character can appear anytime. The characters may also not always be in their locations. If the character you are looking for is not where the map states they should be, that is normal. Simply continue on about your business, and try back later, there is no need to post in the forums asking where the character are, and why they haven't appeared. Have some patience, and go enjoy Liberty City!
1. Badman: You will find him sitting on a bench in front of the Pill Pharm after you complete the mission "Shadow." He will ask you to accompany him for a hit on a Russian gang.
2. Brian Part 3: He will be standing on a street corner after you have completed both of his other encounters. He will ask you to protect him as he goes to apologize to some drug dealers.
3. Brian Part 1: You will find him next to Roman's Cab Depot after you complete the mission "It's Your Call." He will hand you $100 as an insult for looking poor.
4. Mel: He will be standing just up the block from your first safehouse after you complete "Escuela of the Streets." He wants you to protect him while he goes to pay back some loan sharks.
5. Brian Part 2: He will be standing near Vlad's bar after you complete his first encounter. He will ask you to take him to his dealer.
6. Ilyena Faustin: She will be standing on the boardwalk after you complete "Escuela of the Streets." She will ask you to deal with her daughter's new boyfriend, just as her late husband had you deal with her last one.
7. Cherise: You will find her at the Cluckin' Bell after you complete "The Holland Play" and "Ruff Rider," provided you kept her alive in Ruff Ryder. She will ask for protection from her new boyfriend.
8. Clarence: You will find him on the street after completing "Holland Nights," provided you decided to spare him in that mission. He will attack you, and you must defend yourself.
9. Jeff Part 1: He will be standing on a street corner after you complete "Photo Shoot." He will ask you to follow his cheating wife and take a picture of her and her man.
10. Jeff Part 2: Jeff will contact you via cell phone after you complete his first encounter, and ask you to meet him at this location, a parking garage. He has killed his wife and needs assistance in disposing of the body.
11. Marnie Part 2: You will find her leaning against a building on a street corner after completing her first encounter. She will ask you to take her to a train station so she can flee the city.
12. Pathos Part 2: This time he will be just down the street from your previous encounter with him, and will spawn once you complete that first encounter. He will again be dealing with some hecklers, this time take them out, then take Pathos to the hospital.
13. Pathos Part 1: He will be near the Thespian Theaters selling his CDs after you complete "Escuela of the Streets." He will ask you to rough up some of his hecklers.
14. Hossan: He will be selling items on a street corner after you complete "The Puerto Rican Connection." He will ask you to accompany him on a few errands to collect money owed to him.
15. Sara Part 1: She will standing in Suffolk during nighttime hours after completing "The Puerto Rican Connection." She will ask you to take her home to make her husband jealous, culminating in a fight with him.
16. Jeff Part 3: You will find him sitting on a sidewalk after completing his second encounter. He will ask you to kill his new wife, when you say no, he will kill himself, end of mission.
17. Marnie Part 1: Marnie will be sitting on a park bench by the large fountain after you complete "Three Leaf Clover." She will ask you to take her to her dealer to get her drugs.
18. Sara Part 2: She will be standing near Pier 45 once you complete her first encounter, even though she won't recognize you. She will ask you to pick up a package at Perseus and bring it back to her.
19. Eddie Low Part 1: He will be at the end of an alley between 10pm and 4am after you complete "Three Leaf Clover." He will ask you to escort him to the docks.
20. Eddie Low Part 2: He will be waiting for you between 10pm and 4am after you finish your first encounter with him. He will attack you, and you will have to eliminate him.
21. Ivan: Provided you kept him alive in "Ivan the Not So Terrible, you will find him on a street corner after completing "Three Leaf Clover." He will ask you to escort him as he collects debts.
22. Gracie: Gracie will be standing in front of her home after you complete "Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend." When she sees you she will send her guards to attack you, and you need to defend yourself.
Complete the GTA: IV storyline in under 30 hours. After completing the final mission, you will enter free play mode, where you can complete any side quests or hooker killing that you may have missed. One of the best ways to save time is use taxis to travel on your missions, as you get there instantly, and they don't contribute time to the game clock. Watching cut scenes also contribute to your game time, so if you are running out of time, yet want to know the story, you can watch the story, then reload your last save, start the mission again, and skip the cut scene to save valuable minutes.
You can check your progress:
Start--> Stats--> General--> Playing Time
**Note** This achievement does not unlock until after the credits. Once the game is over, the "You Won!" achievement will unlock, then you after the credits will come "Liberty City Minute."
For more advice and discussion, please see this thread:
Complete all of the above and bask in the awesomeness of the Key to the City achievement.
NOTE: Make sure you save after you do things! If you take Brucie out to the bar, then quit, the game won't remember you took him out! Before you stop playing make sure to save so you don't get stuck at 98% scratching your head and cluttering up the forum with questions about your game glitching.
In the multiplayer ranked races, there is an option in the game to have damage turned on or not. You need to win a race with the damage turned on. Choose a track you are familiar at, set it to one lap, and race.
You need to win at least one of each of the following:
Team Mafiya Work
Team Car Jack City
Cops' N Crooks (each side)
This achievement will come on the way to "Auf Wiedersehen Petrovic" as winning all team games is part of the requirements for that achievement. See the chart on the other achievement to keep track of your wins.
This achievement is most easily unlocked with the following settings:
20 minute match
1 second respawn
You can see the other players' dots on the map
With such a confined space, with a bit of skill you should be able to get 20 kills in the needed time limit.
Boosting Note: This one is a lot easier to boost than the rest. When you get to a ranked lobby, if there is only one person in there, or if you happen to be the host and one person joins, ask them to do the achievement with you. Many people are willing to boost this because of it being so easy to do. If you do find someone interested, you will be able to see each other on the radar, so it will be very easy to find each other in the confined space of the prison. Personally, I found someone to boost this, it took us about 14 minutes 30 seconds for both of us to get the achievement, then we just played around for the last 5 minutes.
You need to win 20 different ranked multiplayer races. This achievement will come while going after "Auf Wiedersehen Petrovic," as winning more than 20 different races is required for that achievement. You can use the chart provided with that achievement to keep track of your progress.
At the end of multiplayer matches, money is divided up among players depending on their performance, size of team, etc. By collecting money, your character can obtain higher rank levels. The highest personal rank is 10, and is obtained by collecting $5,000,000.
Here's how the multiplayer ranking works i.e. EXP needed to rank up:
EXP - $0
HEAD - White, Skinny White, Black, White Moustache,
TORSO - Red w/black body warmer Grey w/Blue, Black w/ Green,
LEGS - Beige, Black, Jeans, Brown
GLASSES - Purple Sport, Orange Sport
HATS - Green B/Ball, Black B/Ball, White B/Ball, Brown Beanie, Olive beanie, Black Beanie,
EXP - $1,000
HEAD - White Tattoo, White Chubby
TORSO - Black Shiny, Red Shiny, Black shiny w/ white jumper
LEGS - Navy Jeans, Pale Jeans
GLASSES - Brown Rimmed
HATS - Purple Do-Rag, Russian
EXP - $10,000
HEAD - Black w/ Stubble, White w/ Beard
TORSO - Blue w/ Brown Jacket, Brown/Sky Blue Jacket
LEGS - Camoflague Army w/Boots
GLASSES - Thin Framed Blue Tinted Glasses
HATS - Urban Camo Do-Rag
EXP - $50,000
HEAD - White w/ Tattoo under eye
TORSO - Unsure (But Olive/Black jacket, Red w/ Brown Jacket, Black/White Jacket, Light Gray/Dark Gray Jacket all unlock between Rank 3 and 5)
LEGS - Baggy Jeans w/ Boots
GLASSES - Round Blue Tinted
HATS - Airport Earmuffs
EXP - $100,000
HEAD - Asian w/ Goatee
TORSO - Unsure (But Olive/Black jacket, Red w/ Brown Jacket, Black/White Jacket, Light Gray/Dark Gray Jacket all unlock between Rank 3 and 5)
LEGS - None
GLASSES - Black Tinted w/ Blue Frame
HATS - Bike Helmet
EXP - $250,000
HEAD - Dark Black
TORSO - Unsure (But Olive/Black jacket, Red w/ Brown Jacket, Black/White Jacket, Light Gray/Dark Gray Jacket all unlock between Rank 3 and 5)
LEGS - White/Black Camoflague w/Boots
GLASSES - Reflection Tinted Glasses
HATS - WWII Army Helmet
EXP - $500,000
EXP - $750,000
HEAD - Helmet w/Goggles
EXP - $1,000,000
HEAD - White bike helmet w/Blue Stars
EXP - $2,500,000
EXP - $5,000,000
ZOMBIE - Earn "Let Sleeping Rockstars Lie" achievement
Go into any form of multiplayer match, and get lucky enough to kill a Rockstar developer... or for that matter, kill almost anyone. This is a viral achievement, so anyone who has killed a developer can pass it on. Enjoy the goodness.
You get this achievement on the first mission of the game. Follow Billy to where the bike is and then kill everyone there. Once you kill everyone, Billy will get on his bike and the achievement unlocks.
You get this achievement while playing through the story. You become the leader when Billy gets arrested. On the first mission where you have the drug deal and the buyers attack you, you have to kill them all and get out of the building. Once you get out, you see Billy get arrested and he yells that you set him up. Once you complete this mission, you become the leader and the achievement unlocks.
There are a total of 23 missions in the story. The final mission of the game is called 'Get Lost.' Once you complete this mission, watch the credits and then once the game finishes loading, the achievement will unlock.
You do not have to complete any races or gang wars to complete the story.
You can participate in bike races after you complete the first couple missions in the story. You can only do this in single player, multiplayer bike races don't count.
To knock someone off their bike, press if they are on your left or press if they are on your right. Hold down the button for a couple seconds to hit them harder. If you hold it down, they will fall off the bike once you hit them but if you just tap it then they won't fall off.
There are 12 bike races total and you can replay any race as many times as you want as long as you don't win. I suggest on the first bike race, whack as many people off as you can. If you don't win, wait a couple seconds and you can redo the race. The race ends as soon as the first person crosses the finish line. The easiest places to hit people are right at the start because everyone is close together, and if someone is in front of you and you are gaining on them, you can easily pull up right beside them and knock them off. If you come from behind, make sure you hold the button down so you can knock them off right away.
If you don't whack 69 people off their bikes by the end of the story, you can still go back and race again.
To build Terry and Clay's toughness, they have to complete missions and gang wars with you. Once you become leader, you can call Terry or Clay on your phone and ask for backup. If you complete the mission that you are on with their help, their toughness goes up 8%. If they start the mission with you, their toughness will go up 12%. When you complete a gang war, their toughness will go up 4%.
To call Terry or Clay for backup, press view your phone, then press on Phonebook. Scroll down and press again on either Clay or Terry and then press again on Backup. You don't have to call both of them to get backup, once you call one, both of them will come.
You can easily get this just by playing through the story. Call one of them on every mission to boost their toughness and to get help on the mission.
If you don't get this by the end of the story, complete all the gang wars to get their toughness up the rest of the way.
You unlock the game after Tony's second Mission, simply place the small circle (That's inside a larger one) on the flag press to watch the line in the bar go up, when it comes back down hit again when the marker is on the black line.
You need to hit four flags for this achievements, it may take some practice but it shouldn't take long to get used to the controls.
You unlock the cage fights after a mission for Luis's mother. There are 6 rounds each with three fights. As you progress enemies will start to bring weapons into the matches. Make sure you counter them by press the and grab the weapon.
Moving around and running will help avoid easy attacks, you will also be able to take pot shots at the other fighters. Just watch out for enemies with knives as they move faster than the other fighters.
You need to complete the two dancing mini games, one at Maisonette 9 and the other at Hercules. The first one you encounter will involve moving the & in various directions in time to the music. At points you will also need to hold the sticks and use the & to complete certain moves. You will know if you are doing it right as the girl should get closer to Luis.
Doing this fast enough will bring on the second mini game where you see Luis and a group of people doing the Bus stop dance. Do this in both clubs and the achievement should pop up.
You will unlock drug wars once you complete the second mission for Luis's mother. Armand and Henrique will be with you during them, they cant die but if they take too much damage they will vanish for medical help and wont return until the next mission.
Missions range from breaking up a deal, killing everyone, stealing money and stealing drugs to attacking a speed boat and stealing drugs. The missions end once you make it back to the hideout.
Make sure you have a parachute and get in a helichopper, go up as high as you can and jump out. Free fall for as long as possible and then release the parachute by press before you hit the ground, land and the achievement should pop up.
You will be scored on your missions progress and how well you do during your current mission. You can re-do missions so if you make a mistake you can correct it. Try your best at the missions and get to know the missions. Once you know what to do you shouldn't have any issues scoring 100% in each one.
Here are a few things to note:
You cannot die during your mission.
If you die, don't use a taxi during the mission. This will go against your completion and reward you with a 0% rating.
You can only replay missions once you have completed the main story.