|Weapons can be upgraded in the Junk Heap, which is in the north-east of the Northern Plains. There are 30 weapons in the game, so this requires ALL weapons to be upgraded. Upgrading weapons is very time consuming and expensive as each upgrade requires specific parts. The best advice I can give is to never sell any materials because you WILL need them, and grind gathering money. You can buy many materials at the different towns in the world, but many will only come from 'gathering' or enemy drops.|
A Weapons Upgrading/Materials Guide can be found here.
A Materials Finding Guide can be found here.
Some materials can be gathered more efficiently by performing the 'load trick'. This trick exploits the fact that loading the game is faster than zoning in and out of an area, and it also resets all harvest points. Below is an example for getting Eagle Eggs:
- Save game in the Aerie
- Walk down the lower bridge until you get to the middle section, turn around and look directly at the eagle egg spawn point. double jump to verify if its there or not.
- If the harvest point doesn't exist, load your game and try again.
- If the harvest point exists (is flashing), walk over to the gathering point, harvest and cross your fingers.
- If its not the eagle egg, load your game and try again.
- If it is the eagle egg, go save your game and load again until you find as many as you need.