Complete all of the death races. There are not to many of them. Some tips for beating them all:
- Go through the race once or twice not trying to win just so you are familiar with the route.
- Almost always be holding the A button down to go faster.
- You will lose if you wipe out or get hit by a car.
- You will gain the most ground on your opponents on the straight down segments.
- For really tight turns take them while you hold the left or right trigger down to do a power slide (depending on which way you are turning). You will lose some speed but will not fall.
- Don’t get frustrated. Some of these are pretty hard. Just keep trying until the AI get slammed by a car and lose 10 seconds.
- Don’t touch cars, pedestrians, or your opponents. Just by touching them when you are going fast makes you fall, usually.
- You don't need to hit all the gates. You only actually HAVE to hit the red one. The only reason the gates are there is to give you more time to get to the end. So if a gate is out of the way you should usually just skip it.