Guide By: Method
There are 29 achievements with a total of 1000 points.
Show / Hide Guide Road Map
- Estimated achievement difficulty: 2/10
- Offline: 29 
- Online: 0
- Approximate amount of time to 1000: 5-10 hours
- Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1
- Number of missable achievements: None!
- Glitched achievements: 1 ["Board Collector", see below for more]
- Do cheat codes disable achievements: Yes and No [see below for more]
- Does difficulty affect achievements: No Difficulty Selection
For anyone who's ever played a skateboarding game, you'll find the mechanics of this game are very similar. They've just been toned down a lot since this is a children's game. No one should have much difficulty earning all this game's points in a short period of time.
Welcome to Surf’s Up. This game has 29 offline achievements worth 1000. The game only requires one playthrough to get the full 1000, but you might have to replay certain missions to get all of the shells, surf idols, and trophies. You can replay any mission at any time once you unlock that mission. There are some cheat codes that do not affect any of the achievements but if you put a code in you won’t get the achievement once you put it in, you will still have to earn whatever the achievement calls for. Here are some cheat codes you can enter from the main menu by going to extras and then the cheat menu:
TINYBUTSTRONG- Unlocks Arnold
THELEGEND- Unlocks Z
SURPRISEGUEST- Unlocks Elliot
SLOWANDSTEADY- Unlocks Geek
IMPORTANT NOTE: It has been said that inputting the code to unlock all boards screws up the "Board Collector" achievement. Overall, the cheats are unnecessary and I wouldn't suggest using any of them.
Step 1: Championship Mode
The majority of the game's achievements will come to you on this mode. As a rule of thumb I found it best not to move on until I had all of a level's trophies, shells and surf idols. Simply replay the level over and over using the guide until you have all of those items. NOTE: When going for idols you must complete the level in order to save your progress. Although restarting the level will keep any idols collected before that time, you must still finish in order to save. Overall the game is very easy, but here are a few tips to help you out.
1) I found it best to do the point runs and gate runs separate. Although they can be done together, it makes everything much harder and you have to have a pretty good run to do so.
2) Use and abuse Stoke mode. I always made sure I had a multiplier before entering stoke mode. This way getting the point shells for the level wasn't a hassle at all.
3) I personally found that turning and stoke were the two most important traits. With that in mind I recommend using Geek as your character and a board with high turn and stoke traits.
Step 2: Leaf Sliding
Leaf Sliding is a mode separate from Championship mode and it is accessed through the game's main menu. In total there are three levels of leaf sliding, each with their own shells and Surf Idols to collect. I personally found it best to go for the record time first ignoring the Surf Idols. Then on subsequent runs I would hold down the button and collect the idols.
As you can see, this game is very easy to get the full 1000. If you are missing any achievements once you complete the main story, just keep replaying any levels that you have to until you unlock and find everything.
[XBA would like to thank Method and Pashos for this roadmap]
|Quick Learner||10 |
|Complete all the lessons in the tutorial.|| (1) |
After you begin Championship mode, choose your surfer and then choose Shiverpool. After the video you will have the option to choose Shiverpool 1, instead choose the circle down and to the left of Shiverpool 1 that says "Training." In total there are 9 lessons that must be completed for this achievement. They are as follows:
NOTE: After you complete each lesson there will be an "X" in the block next to it.
|Beginner’s Luck||10 |
|Get 1 Trophy in Shiverpool area.|| (1) |
The first trophy in Shiverpool 1 requires you to earn 10,000 points. To do this simply perform advanced tricks with or hold tricks by holding until you can enter stoke mode. Once you have enough to enter stoke mode, grab a multiplier, press and perform a couple tricks. You'll have 10,000 points before you know it.
|Leaving Shiverpool||20 |
|Get 2 Trophies in Shiverpool area.|| |
The second trophy in Shiverpool 2 requires you to earn 12,000 points. Again, simply perform advanced tricks with or hold tricks by holding until you can enter stoke mode. Once you have enough to enter stoke mode, grab a multiplier, press and perform a couple tricks. 12,000 points should come very early on.
|Welcome to Pen Gu South||10 |
|Get 1 Trophy in Pen-Gu South area.|| |
The first trophy in Pen-Gu South 1 requires you to get 15,000 points. Follow the advice given in "Beginner’s Luck" and you should have no problems.
|Leaving Pen Gu South||20 |
|Get 4 Trophies in Pen-Gu South area.|| |
To unlock this achievement you must earn the trophies for Pen-Gu South 2, 3 and 4. The requirements are as follows:
Pen-Gu South 2: Earn 15,000 points
Pen-Gu South 3: Earn 20,000 points
Pen-Gu South 4: Earn 20,000 points
|Welcome to the Volcano||10 |
|Get 1 Trophy in Volcano area.|| |
The first trophy in Volcano 1 requires you to get 25,000 points. Simply use all the skills you've learned from the previous areas and this should be easy.
|Leaving Volcano||20 |
|Get 2 Trophies in Volcano area.|| |
The second trophy in Volcano 2 requires you to get 20,000 points. This can easily be done by gaining multipliers and entering stoke mode and performing stoke tricks with . If you're having trouble, grabbing the multipliers while in the wave tunnels before doing stoke moves helps add up the points.
|Welcome to Pen Gu North||10 |
|Get 1 Trophy in Pen-Gu North area.|| |
The first trophy in Pen-Gu North 1 requires you to get 25,000 points. No secrets here, just rack up points like you have been for the previous trophies and you'll have 25,000 in no time.
|Leaving Pen Gu North||20 |
|Get 3 Trophies in Pen-Gu North area.|| |
To unlock this achievement you must earn the other two trophies for Pen-Gu North 2 and 3. The requirements are as follows:
Pen-Gu North 2: Earn 30,000 points
Pen-Gu North 3: Earn 30,000 points
|Fashion Freak||40 |
|Unlock every accessory.|| |
Much easier than it sounds. There are only two accessories that need to be unlocked for this achievement. Back accessories and Wrist accessories are both unlocked by earning shells for Shiverpool 1 and Pen-Gu South 3 respectively.
|Board Collector||40 |
|Unlock all the boards in the game.|| |
In total there are 14 boards in the game. This is the glitchiest achievement in the game. Some people collect every shell, trophy and idol and still don't get all the boards to unlock. The best fix to avoid this problem is to not use cheat codes or move onto a new area until you have all the trophies, shells and idols. BP! did some research into the glitch; his results can be found HERE. The following is the list of boards:
Nirvana (best board in the game)
|Shiny Stuff 1||10 |
|Collect 25 Surf Idols in surf and leaf slide levels.|| |
See "Shiny Stuff 3".
|Shiny Stuff 2||20 |
|Collect 50 Surf Idols in surf and leaf slide levels.|| |
See "Shiny Stuff 3".
|Shiny Stuff 3||50 |
|Collect 100 Surf Idols in surf and leaf slide levels.
|| (6) |
The following is the list of all 100 Surf Idol locations. Credit goes to DreadfulCorpse for the list:
1) In front of the first sign.
2) After the 2nd gate, behind it.
3) Just before the 4th gate, in front of it before you go through.
4) Through the 6th gate.
5) Through the 8th gate.
6) At the end of the slide after the big cave on the right after gate 7.
7) Just before the finish line to the right.
1) Just before gate 3, to the left of the ice rocks.
2) After the 6th gate. Jump on the ramp and it will be in front of it.
3) A little bit after gate 7, before the multiplier.
4) You have to go up the big ramp before the big cave.
5) After gate 8, it will be after the jump.
6) Just before gate 9.
7) On the ramp before gate 10.
Pen-Gu South 1
1) After the first ramp.
2) Under gate 2.
3) On the right side in the cave.
4) Under the grind ramp after gate 4.
5) Under the big ramp before the big statue.
6) Under the big statue.
7) After gate 8, to the right of the ramp with the star.
Pen-Gu South 2
1) After the 4th gate to the right.
2) After the 5th gate.
3) Along the grid ramp after gate 5.
4) At the bottom of the big ramp.
5) After the big ramp, there will be a small ramp, it's to the right of it, you must not go on the ramp in order to get it.
6) Behind the breakable wood just before gate 9.
7) Take the ramp on the right after gate 9.
Pen-Gu South 3
1) To the left of the first ramp.
2) In the middle of the rocks after gate 5.
3) Just before gate 6.
4) After gate 10.
5) After gate 11.
6) Just before the finish line.
Pen-Gu South 4
1) Under gate 8 to the left.
2) Just before gate 10, you have to go under the small cave.
3) On the right ramp going to gate 12.
4) On top of the big ramp after the wave twirl.
5) Shortly after the big ramp you will surf around some stones it's near the end of them.
6) Under the 2nd big ramp before the finish, go under the ramp and break the wood.
1) Right after gate 1.
2) After gate 2, next to the pink shell.
3) Just before gate 5.
4) After gate 5, to the right.
5) Just before gate 8 to the left, take the ramp on the left.
6) After gate 9.
1) In the alcove after gate 1.
2) behind the breakable wood just before gate 5.
3) At the end of the ramp of gate 6, this is right after the wave so keep to the left.
4) After gate 8, just before the wave starts.
5) On the end of the ramp to the left of gate 9 right after wave #2.
6) On the right ramp before the finish line.
Pen-Gu North 1
1) Right before the spikes.
2) After the ramp after gate 5.
3) In the middle of the spikes by gate 6, under the bridge.
4) Under gate 7.
5) Just before the finish.
Pen-Gu North 2
1) Right after gate 2.
2) To the right of gate 4, in the alcove.
3) After gate 5, in the middle of the alcoves witht he breakable gates.
4) On the long ramp before gate 9.
5) In the alcove before the ramp before the finish line.
Pen Gu North 3
1) Behind the breakable object to the left of gate 1.
2) Near the end of the wave on the right.
3) After the spikes you will see a long grind path, it's on it.
4) To the left of gate 7.
5) After gate 10, on the left of the long grind path before the finish.
1) To the left of the first big rock in the beginning.
2) Near the end of the wave to the right.
3) Shortly after the wave, between 2 stones.
4) Shortly after #3, to the right of the pink mask.
5) Right after wave #2 is finished, between 2 rocks.
6) Under the bridge shortly after #5.
7) Under the end bridge next to the green mask.
8) To the left before the green mask after wave #3.
9) After you see the pink mask shortly after #8, keep to the right.
10) By the stones before the finish.
1) Right before the breakable object, to the left of a large rock.
2) After the first long ramp there will be another one shortly after, it's on the left on it.
3) Shortly before the big rock crashes, to the left of the 2 ramps.
4) Shortly after the 2 small rocks crash.
5) On the right of the rock before the finish.
Leaf Sliding 1
1) Shortly after the 4 hour glasses.
2) On the right after the curve to the left with the hour glasses.
3) After the first blue path on the right.
4) Take the right at the fork road.
5) On the left near the waterfall.
6) In the middle of the waterfall which you go under, this is a different waterfall from #5.
Leaf Sliding 2
1) On the right after you exit the tunnel and see the blue crystals.
2) After the hour glasses on the left.
3) Just before the fork road on the left.
4) Take the left at the fork road and fall down.
5) To the left by the lava.
6) After you make the jump from the ramp in the middle of the lava.
Leaf Sliding 3
1) After the hourglass on the left.
2) Take the left at the fork road.
3) Take the right when you jump, it will be behind a crystal on the left.
4) This one you can only get by playing this level twice, same as #3 but take the left instead of the right,
5) At the jump before the end.
6) Same as #5, but you have to take the left when jumping where #3 is, and stick to that road and you must not fall off.
|Slide Survivor 1||10 |
|Beat the hi-score and get the shell in leaf slide 1.|| |
The leaf sliding levels are a separate mode from Championship mode and are accessed through the game's main menu, The record time for this area is 1:30 (one minute, thirty seconds). To beat this time do your best to avoid falling off the course or hitting rocks. In addition hit as many hourglasses and red arrows as you can safely.
|Slide Survivor 2||10 |
|Beat the hi-score and get the shell in leaf slide 2.|| |
The record time for this area is 1:07 (one minute, seven seconds). Follow the advice in "Slide Survivor 1" and you should be fine.
|Slide Survivor 3||10 |
|Beat the hi-score and get the shell in leaf slide 3.|| |
The record time for this area is 1:35 (one minute, thirty five seconds). Follow the advice in "Slide Survivor 1" and you should be fine.
|First steps||30 |
|Start surfing on the Pen Gu North Legendary wave!|| |
The Legendary Wave area unlocks after earning the trophies for Pen-Gu North 1, 2 and 3. After that the area can be found just above the Pen-Gu North 3 area in Pen-Gu North. The achievement will unlock as soon as the level begins.
|Lucky one||10 |
|Get a total of 4 Shells.|| |
See "Record Man!."
|Shell Collector||20 |
|Get a total of 8 Shells.|| |
See "Record Man!."
|Shell Lover||30 |
|Get a total of 12 Shells.|| |
See "Record Man!"
|Shell Addict||40 |
|Get a total of 16 Shells.|| |
See "Record Man!"
|Too Many Shells||50 |
|Get a total of 20 Shells.|| |
See "Record Man!"
|Record Man!||100 |
|Get a total of 27 Shells.|| |
The following is the list of all 27 shell locations and the requirements to earn them:
1) Pass through 5 gates
2) Earn 30,000 points
3) Pass through 7 gates
4) Earn 30,000 points
Pen Gu South 1:
5) Pass through 8 gates
6) Get 40,000 Points
Pen Gu South 2:
7) Pass through 10 gates
8) Get 40,000 points
Pen-Gu South 3:
9) Pass through 10 gates
10) Get 40,000 points
Pen-Gu South 4:
11) Pass through 15 gates
12) Get 60,000 points
13) Pass through 10 gates
14) Get 50,000 points
15) Pass through 10 gates
16) Get 40,000 points
Pen-Gu North 1:
17) Pass through 10 gates
18) Get 50,000 points
Pen-Gu North 2:
19) Pass through 10 gates
20) Get 50,000 points
Pen-Gu North 3:
21) Pass through 10 gates
22) Get 50,000 points
23) Get 100,000 points
24) Get 70,000 points
Leaf Sliding 1:
25) Beat the Time Record (01:30)
Leaf Sliding 2:
26) Beat the Time Record (01:07)
Leaf Sliding 3:
27) Beat the Time Record (01:35)
|The Beach Kid||50 |
|Unlock Arnold by getting the second shell in Shiverpool 2.|| |
The second shell in Shiverpool 2 requires you to earn 30,000 points. I found abusing stoke mode and grabbing multipliers was the best way to get that many points. The achievement will unlock after you earn 30,000 points AND complete the level.
|Wild Encounter||100 |
|Unlock Elliot by getting the second shell in Volcano 2.|| |
The second shell in Volcano 2 requires you to earn 40,000 points. The way I did this was to always grab multipliers before performing stoke moves in the wave tunnels and grind all possible rails.
|The Geek||50 |
|Unlock Geek by getting the second shell in Pen-Gu South 4.|| |
The second shell in Pen-Gu South 4 requires you to earn 60,000 points. The way I did this was to use the grinds as much as I could, do as many stoke moves as possible in the wave tunnel and finally I got a 5x multiplier and hammered out a couple moves in stoke mode.
|Figure from the Past||100 |
|Unlock Z by getting the second shell in Pen-Gu North legendary.|| |
The shell in the legendary wave area requires you to gain 100,000 points. Though this may sound like a lot, this level is very easy to rack up the points in. Just remember to grab multipliers before performing your stoke moves, especially in the wave tunnels.
|King of Boneyards||100 |
|Get 1 Trophy in Boneyards.|| |
The Boneyards is the last level you unlock. There is only one area within it. To earn the trophy you will need to get 40,000 points.