Guide By: Hawaiian
There are 50 achievements with a total of 1000 points.
Show / Hide Guide Road Map
- Estimated achievement difficulty: 3/10
- Offline: 50 (1000)
- Online: 0 (0)
- Approximate amount of time to 1000: 50+ hours
- Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1+
- Number of missable achievements: None
- Do cheat codes disable achievements?: Yes
- Does difficulty affect achievements?: No
- Glitchy achievements: None
- Unobtainable achievements: None
- Extra equipment needed?: None (Better With Kinect Sensor Logo)
Welcome to the "The Sims 3: Pets" Achievement Guide & Roadmap. This is a strategic life simulation game developed by The Sims Studio and published by Electronic Arts. Similar to the previous "The Sims 3" game on Xbox 360, EA did a great job with this console port. The Sims 3: Pets is a new standalone game that includes nearly all the content of the previous release and additionally allows you to create pets from loyal dogs to daring kitties and enables you to determine their looks and personality traits. You can play as your pet and control it like a normal Sim. All new Karma Powers, Challenges, objects and a completely new Adventure Mode (Mystery Journal) were added. You will find that a new console-exclusive town - Sugar Maple Coast was added as well. On top of this the game supports Kinect Voice Commands. Kinect is entirely optional and is not required to unlock any achievement or challenge.
Unlocking every achievement in "The Sims 3: Pets" is not very difficult but very time consuming. You probably won't be able to unlock all the achievements in one 'playthrough' with one household but you can get a good majority of them. Before you start set the life-span to infinite (in the options) so you don’t have to worry about your Sims or pets dying or aging up too early.
Step #1: Full Playthrough
Start a new game with one household consisting of:
2 Adult unmarried Sims:
- Traits: (These make earning money and unlocking achievements tied to social interactions easier)
- Hopeless Romantic
- Lifetime Wish:
- Beast Master (for Must Love Pets)
- Traits: (have some of Sim 1's traits too)
- Lifetime Wish:
- Forensic Specialist-DNA Profiler (for K9 Cop)
- Regular full-time job (for You Da Boss, Employee Benefits and Overqualified).
The child should be used for most of The Parent Challenge sub-challenges, All You Need's Childhood Sweethearts sub-challenge and It's Good to be a Sim's Child Prodigy sub-challenge.
2 Pets: Dog & Cat (1 of your pets needs to be female for It's Genetic):
- LoyalGenius (for Personality: I Haz It!)
- Police Station (for K9 Cop)
- Genius (for Good Fluffy, Personality: I Haz It!)
Start off by purchasing a workbench. Have a Sim go for the invention related achievements (Leonardo Reborn, No Fate But What We Make). This will also get you the Moodlet Manager (refer to General Tips).
Try completing All You Need and Exhibitionist sub-challenges with the adult Sims. You may also want to get pregnant for some of The Parent Challenge sub-challenges. During this playthrough you can also go for all the 'Mystery-Journal' and collectible achievements.
Step #2: Mop Up Playthroughs
Once you unlocked all the achievements possible on the first playthrough start a couple new games to mop up the remaining ones. These should be Cat-astrophe, TMI and any other achievement you didn’t get on the first playthrough save. These extra playthroughs shouldn't take much of your time.
Writing books is the best way to become a millionaire in the game but it will take some time. A good method:
- You need a PC and a Sim (preferably Sim 1 - with the traits "Bookworm", "Artistic" and "Perfectionist").
- Click on the PC and write short books like sci-fi or trashy novels. (they are worth few § but can be finished very fast, you can check this by pressingand switching to the writer skill)
- Make sure you do NOT write more than 4 books of the same category. See #5 & #6 for reason.
- After you have written 25 books in total you'll be able to write a masterpiece which will get you 10.000-20.000§ per book a week.
- Now it is ok to write at least 5 masterpieces to unlock the writer skill milestone 'Specialized Author' -
- 'Specialized Author' is tied to the genre you wrote the most (at least 5) books in - reason why you do NOT write more than 4 books in the other genres until masterpiece because it is the novel you'll get the most money for.
- The lifetime reward 'Acclaimed Author' will raise your royalties even more.
- Keep on writing several masterpieces a week and buy out all the properties in the game to become a millionaire.
The Moodlet Manager will make the game and earning achievements much easier since it cures all negative and neutral moodlets, and restores your Sim's needs. (Sometimes the Moodlet Manager fails and your Sim will be exhausted but choose "cure" again and you'll be fine.) You can fully concentrate on making money, developing your skills, relationships, etc.
To construct a Moodlet Manager
- Buy the Scraptronic™ Workbench (Build&Buy-Mode > Entertainment > Hobbies & Skills-Section).
- Keep inventing until you invent your first Moodlet Manager.
- This one can only be used a few times and has to be charged with ghosts or gems.
- To get an infinite amount of charges you'll have to build 50 complex inventions
- Construct another Moodlet Manager (which will have infinite charges).
I highly recommend building this gadget, and your Inventing Skill Level 10 can also be useful for several other achievements too.
Getting rid of a Sim/Pet
Removing an unwanted Sim or pet from your household can be quite difficult, especially with kids and pets that can't die. The easiest way is to use the Ghostify Karma Power and to catch the ghost of your Sim/pet with a ghost-zapper (has to be invented at a workbench) or a cat (Hunting Skill Level 7+ required).
If you need one of your Sims to reach a specific age for an achievement/challenge, simply purchase the birthday cake in Build&Buy-Mode and let the Sim blow out the candles to age up instantaneously.
Save the game!
Very Important!: Save the game often. The Sims 3: Pets doesn't have that many bugs but sometimes the game freezes on a loading screen and you'll have to return to dashboard. If you don't want to loose hours of gameplay I'd suggest saving, and saving often. Save under 2-3 different save-game slots, rotating them each save.
To activate cheat-mode pause the game and press ,, and at the same time. You'll get 99.999.999§ and unlimited Karma Powers but Challenges and Achievements ARE disabled for this save. I'd only recommend this after achieving 1000 in the game.
[x360a would like to thank Hawaiian for this roadmap]
|Good Fluffy!||10 |
|Praise or scold a pet enough times to add a trait.|| (11) |
Either adopt a pet or create a new household with an animal. If your pet pees on the floor or destroys your furniture your Sim will have the option to Scold the pet. Alternatively you can Praise your pet. Among other things dogs can be praised for fetching something and cats can be praised for hunting. To add a trait you have to scold or praise a pet several times for the same action.
Note: The action cannot be forced, your cat/dog's AI automation needs to randomly do the action.
See this thread Good Fluffy!, made easy for an easy method.
|Personality: I Haz It||25 |
|Train a pet to have 9 traits.|| (17) |
In total there are 17 traits for cats and 18 traits for dogs. Each pet has two traits from the start. New traits are added when a pet's AI performs certain actions and is praised or scolded by a user controlled Sim. Also actions such as friendly or aggressive actions will add either trait.
To make things easier you will want to befriend Rebecca Goth until you can ask her to Move In with you. Bring Buttons Goth, her cat, into your home (you don't really need Rebecca to move in, for simplicity's sake, just her cat, though you get a little extra cash if Rebecca moves in, too).
Since Buttons comes with 5 traits already, this makes the remainder of your job MUCH easier -- her starting traits are:
- Have Buttons jump up Sit on the table top and counter top, alternately, until she learns this trait. It should take approximately 8 Sit on commands.
- Buy a Scratching Post, and have Buttons repeatedly Scratch that post. It should take about 8 such commands.
- When the paper boy/girl comes around in the morning, have Buttons Tackle him/her. Buttons will attempt to auto-groom self after doing so, which you should immediately cancel out of, and initiate another Tackle command. Again, after about 8 repetitions, Buttons will learn this trait.
- One of the easiest of all, though the most time consuming of all of these. Train Buttons to Hunt, using your Sim, then take control of Buttons and command her to Stalk Something repeatedly, until this trait is learned.
|Sit! Play Dead!||20 |
|Earn more than §1,000 during a trick exhibition.|| (7) |
If you click on your dog you will have the option to Train Tricks. Do so until he knows every trick available. Then choose trick exhibition at the Central Park. Make sure that several other Sims are watching and then perform the tricks. I suggest using Karma Powers such as 'Super Satisfied' on your Sim and your dog to make sure that the performance isn't stopped early. Once you've earned §1,000 press and to finish and the achievement will unlock.
|Have You Seen This Pet?||20 |
|Find your lost pet.|| (12) |
First of all you need to lose your pet. To do so be careless and do things your pets don't like such as fire, loud music, explosions, etc.
Best strategy: Reach Inventing Skill Level 2 with a Sim, place your cat on a couch (also works if the cat is lying next to it) and try to blow up the couch with the Sim. This should cause the cat to run away. Afterward, visit every location in the game with your Sim until you find your pet. This might take a while.
|It's Genetic||20 |
|Breed a Natural-Born Hunter cat or Natural-Born Digger dog.|| (1) |
You'll need a female pet for this achievement. Keep fulfilling the wishes of your pets until you've accumulated 10,000 lifetime happiness points. For dogs purchase the 'Skilled Digger' reward, for cats purchase the 'Skilled Hunter' reward. Save your game. Try for puppies with another dog / cat and you should breed a 'Natural-Born Hunter' cat or 'Natural-Born Digger' dog. It will take 3 in-game days until your pet will give birth to the litter.
|Sim’s Best Friend||10 |
|Become a BFF with a dog.|| (2) |
Adopt a dog or create a new household with a dog. Interact friendly and let your Sim play with him/her until you're friends. Select the dog and click on your Sim to make them BFF.
|Wingman, er… Dog||15 |
|Fetch a date.|| (5) |
Adopt a dog or create a new household with a dog (adult). Level up his Digging Skill until he's able to fetch things. Select your Sim, click on the dog and select Dig -> Fetch -> Date -> Male/Female/Surprise. Then your dog will fetch a date. This may take a few tries.
|Where'd You Get That!?||15 |
|Fetch something worth at least §2,000 with a dog.|| (1) |
Complete enough wishes until you've saved up enough lifetime happiness points for the 'Awesome at Fetch' reward. Once activated it will allow your dog to Fetch Something Awesome. Usually your dog will find something worth §2,000 right away. If not let him fetch again.
|Do Not Want!||35 |
|Successfully bathe your cat.|| (21) |
This achievement can be quite frustrating since your cat doesn't want to be bathed most of the time. It seems that the chances are better if you and the cat have a neutral relationship. If you're BFF or enemy with the cat it's very unlikely that you'll be able to bathe your cat.
Best strategy: Save the game, adopt a cat and try to bath it right away when it arrives. Try bathing the cat with all of the Sims in your household. If you don't succeed quit, reload and try again and you'll eventually unlock this achievement and challenge. Alternatively you can also wait some in-game weeks until your Sim has the wish to bath his cat. Promise to fulfill the wish and you'll be able to bath the cat with no problems.
To Bathe, click on the bathtub and select Bathe (name).
|Smooth Criminal||15 |
|Steal something worth at least §2,000 with a cat.|| (11) |
Complete enough wishes until you've saved up enough lifetime happiness points for the 'Cat Burglar' reward. Once activated it'll allow your cat to "Swipe Something". Easiest way to steal something for §2,000 or more is to visit the City Hall (preferably at night), click on the ground in front of the big statue and choose the "Swipe Something" option from there. Then your cat should steal the statue worth §10,000. This will unlock the challenge and achievement. You're only able to swipe thrice a day so if you don't succeed you will have to wait until the next day.
|Use a telekinetic cat to make a Sim fix a meal from the fridge.|| (8) |
This achievement requires a cat with a high Hunting Skill Level. To enable the cat to make a Sim fix a meal from the fridge you need to catch 25 ghosts in total with the cat. Only Sim-Ghosts count. These can only be found at night between 9 p.m and 5 a.m. A ghost-icon on the town map shows haunted locations. Use the Hunting -> Detect ghosts option of your cat (Hunting Level 7 required).
On top of that you can make some extra-ghosts with the 'Ghost Invasion' and 'Ghostify' Karma Powers. Once you collected 25 of them a Skill Milestone will be unlocked and your cat is now able to command the Sims. Control the cat, click on a Sim and tell him to make you a meal. Challenge completed.
|The Parent Challenge||30 |
|Complete each of the parenting Challenges.|| (2) |
This achievement consists of 9 sub-challenges:
Bedtime Stories: Buy a children's book from the bookstore.
Visit the bookstore (Ester's Book & Scrolls), shop books and select the children-category (binky-icon). Buy any of these books and the challenge will unlock.
Child Chef: Make a muffin with the Rip Co. Little Baker Oven.
The Little Baker Oven can be found in Build&Buy-Modes children-section. You need to control a child, click on the oven and choose to bake a muffin.
Don't Forget The Cake!: Throw a birthday party for a child.
Click on a Sim, select the mobile phone and throw a birthday party. When everyone leaves and states that the party was ok (or awesome/epic) the challenge will be completed.
Early reader: Read a children's book to a toddler.
Once you purchased a children's book (refer to Bedtime Stories challenge) select it from your inventory and choose to read it to... the toddler.
Happy Childhood: See your child age up well from child to teen.
Set the life-span to very short or purchase a birthday cake in Build&Buy-mode and let the child blow out the candles to age up immediately.
On a Roll: Make the Honor Roll.
You need a child or a teenager to have an A+ grade at school for three consecutive days (weekends don't count). To get an A+ grade you have to do your homework with the help of your parents (refer to Tutor challenge) and you have to be in a good mood when going to school. Always work hard when at school and go to school early (switch to career-tab and press to get the Go to school option. Normally it's available 1-2 hours before school officially starts).
Rock-a-bye: Buy a Crib.
Cribs can be found in Build&Buy-Modes children-section.
They grow up so fast...: See your child age up well from toddler to child.
For some reason birthday-cake-age-ups won't unlock this challenge. Set the lifespan to very short and make sure that the parents teach the toddler to talk, to walk and to go on toilet (you need the baby toilet from Build&Buy-Mode to get this option). Furthermore you need to purchase some toys and let the toddler play with it. On the birthday itself you don't have to do anything, just wait until it becomes a child.
Tutor: Help a child or teen with their homework.
When the child or teen comes home from school you'll find it's homework in the inventory. Make sure that a parent is at home, control the kid, select the homework from your inventory and choose Get help from.... When the homework is finished the challenge will unlock.
|I'd Rather Be Fishing||10 |
|Complete each of the fishing Challenges.|| |
This achievement consists of 4 sub-challenges:
Hook, Line, and Sinker: Use bait to catch a fish.
You can either visit the Duck-In Bait shop by the pier and purchase a bait or you use some seeds, vegetables or fish from your inventory. Click on a pond and Choose bait.... Select one, go fishing and the challenge will unlock.
Know Your Fish: Learn how to catch every type of fish.
Visit the bookstore (Ester's Book & Scrolls), purchase all books about fishing and read all of them.
One Stop Shop: Visit the Duck-In Bait shop by the pier.
This shop can be found in the north of Sugar Maple Coast. Simply enter the shop and as soon as you leave the challenge will be completed.
Secrets of the Sea: Read a book on fishing.
Visit the bookstore (Ester's Book & Scrolls), purchase any book about fishing and read it.
|All You Need||50 |
|Complete each of the love and romance Challenges.|| |
This achievement consists of 5 sub-challenges:
Childhood Sweethearts: Begin a romantic relationship between 2 teen Sims that were Best Friends as children.
Create a new household with two adult Sims that are not married and have one child each. Use friendly interactions between the children until they become Best Friends. Set the life-span to short or celebrate a birthday-party with cake where the children blow out the candles so that the children turn to teens immediately. Use romantic interactions between the two until they are a couple (use the Propose Going Steady interaction).
It's official: Become the boyfriend or girlfriend of another Sim.
You need to have a romantic relationship with another Sim. Use friendly and romantic interactions until you're able to get together. The Lifetime Reward 'Attractive' and a good Charisma Skill Level will help you.
The Big Proposal: Get engaged.
Once you have a boy-/girlfriend ask your partner to marry you.
Tie The Knot: Have an awesome wedding with at least 6 guests.
You need the 'Legendary Host' Lifetime Reward for this challenge. Furthermore a good Charisma Skill is recommended. Click on your Sim, select the Mobile Phone and throw a Wedding Party with 6-8 guests. Purchase party-equipment and a Hi-Fi-system and make sure that there's enough food for everyone. Talk to everyone and use friendly interactions and don't forget to marry at some point. When everyone leaves and states that the party was awesome and epic the challenge will unlock.
You Never Forget Your First: Have a first kiss.
You need to have a romantic relationship with another Sim. Use friendly and romantic interactions until you're able to get have a first kiss. The Lifetime Reward 'Attractive' and a good Charisma Skill Level will help you.
|Complete each of the Cat-astrophe scenario Challenges.|| (5) |
This achievement consists of 4 sub-challenges:
Cat Fight: Declare the social services workers a nemesis.
The social services worker is the person that delivers adopted pets. Use the mobile phone, call services and adopt a pet. As soon as the social services worker appears click on him/her and you'll see his/her name. Use your mobile phone to invite him/her over and be mean until your Sim can become enemies with the social worker. This will unlock the challenge.
Cat Herding: Use cats to hunt and catch 5 creatures in one Sim hour.
First of all you need to teach your cat with a Sim how to hunt. Then control the cat, click on the ground and choose to stalk something five times in a row. If the hunting skill of your cat is good enough it'll be able to catch 5 or more creatures in one in-game hour and the challenge will unlock.
Crazy Cat Lady: Create a household consisting of one female Sim with the insane and cat person traits with 5 cats.
Start a new game, choose to "Create a Sim" and make a female Sim with the insane and cat person trait as well as 5 cats with any traits you want. As soon as you move into a house and return to live-mode the challenge will be completed.
Fur Friends: Have a Sim with 5 feline best friends.
I'd suggest going for this in the Crazy Cat Lady -challenge. Interact friendly and lovely between the Sim and its cats. After a while each cat can choose the Sim to be its best friend. Do so and the challenge will unlock.
|K9 Cop||30 |
|Complete each of the k9 cop scenario Challenges.|| (3) |
This achievement consists of 3 sub-challenges:
Dynamic Duo: Create a household consisting of one Sim with the 'Brave trait' and 'Forensic Specialist-DNA Profiler' Lifetime Wish, and a dog with the 'Loyal trait'.
Start a new game, choose to "Create a Sim" and make a Sim with the 'Brave trait' and the 'Forensic Specialist-DNA Profiler' Lifetime Wish (if it doesn't show up right away press on any lifetime wish and you'll be able to pick the one you want). Add a dog with the 'Loyal trait' afterward. As soon as you move into a house and return to live-mode the challenge will be completed.
Paw Enforcement: Reach level 3 in the Police dog part-time job.
Control a dog and click on the police station (next to Central Park on the town map) to apply for a part-time job. Keep on working hard with a good mood to reach level 3 quickly. It'll still take several in-game weeks since your dog can only work on Tuesdays and Wednesday.
Timmy's in Trouble: Save a Sim from a fire with a loyal dog.
Go to Build-Mode, select decorations and build any fireplace (I'd suggest the 2nd one for §1,000). Place some carpets (can be found in Buy-Mode in the decorations-section) in front of it and let a 'Coward trait' Sim (must not be brave!) light the fire and poke in the fire until the chimney and carpet burn. Then let your dog (with the 'Loyal trait') walk toward the Sim and if you're lucky he will save your Sim. If not you have to load a previous save and try again.
Note: You cannot choose to save a Sim manually, this happens automatically.
|Mass Hysteria||15 |
|Have a dog and a cat become best friends.|| (5) |
Either adopt a dog and a cat or create a new household with these animals. Use friendly interactions between the two pets and let them play with each other. After a while they'll become best friends.
|Is This... Okay?||25 |
|Make a Sim transmogrified from a cat and a Sim transmogrified from a dog become a couple.|| (6) |
Either adopt a dog and a cat or create a new household with these animals. Complete enough in-game challenges until you unlock the Transmogrify Karma Power. Transmogrify is available after unlocking at least 12 Karma rewards. It's located in Tier 5. Transform your cat and your dog to a Sim. Use the friendly and romantic interactions and propose a relationship.
|Family Feud||20 |
|Activate the Cry Havoc karma power during a wedding party.|| (4) |
Complete enough challenges to unlock the Cry Havoc Karma Power. Cry Havoc is available after unlocking at least 21 Karma Rewards. It's located in Tier 8.
Use romantic interactions between 2 Sims until they're engaged. Use your mobile phone to start a wedding party and activate the Karma Power right after the 2 Sims are married.
|Make out with the maid.|| (5) |
Select your Sim and use the mobile phone. You'll have the option to call services. Hire a maid for §125 / day and ask her/him to hang around with your Sim after her/his work is done. Use friendly and romantic interactions until you're able to choose the Make Out option. The Lifetime Reward 'Attractive' makes this easier.
|Employee Benefits||15 |
|Become a romantic interest of your boss.|| (3) |
Apply for a job by clicking on a business shown at the Town Map or use your PC to search for a job. As soon as you're employed you'll be informed about your boss. Throw a party or call him/her and invite him/her to your home. Use lots of friendly and romantic interactions until your boss has a romantic interest for you. The lifetime reward 'Attractive' and traits like Charismatic, Flirty or Hopeless Romantic are recommended since your boss normally is married which makes things a little bit more difficult.
|Have your Sim kiss their brother’s/sister’s best friend.|| (1) |
Create a new game with 3 Sims. Two of them have to be siblings and one needs to be a roommate. Give all of them traits like Charismatic, Flirty, Friendly and Hopeless Romantic to make things easier. Move into any house and let one of the siblings use friendly interactions with the roommate until they are best friends. Next use friendly and romantic interactions between the roommate and the other sibling and kiss the roommate with this sibling.
|Flirting with Disaster||20 |
|Escape a karmic backlash by quickly balancing the meter after dropping below -50.|| (8) |
Use Karma Powers until your Karma bar is at -55 or below. If you're in the red / negative zone normally a plum-bob appears which can cause karmic backlash. You have to prevent this plum-bob from appearing. That means you have to fulfill a huge wish right after dropping below -50. Timing is very important here. Make sure to have a 5.000-7.500 lifetime points wish nearly completed before using the Karma Powers and complete it afterward.
|With a pet, steal a Sim's clothes who is skinny dipping.|| (3) |
Got to Build&Buy-Mode, purchase a hot tub and place it on your lot. Control a Sim, click on the hot tub and select go skinny dipping. Control a dog, click on the clothes lying next to the hot tub and hide them.
|Dogzilla vs. Cat-Kong||20 |
|Destroy §10,000 worth of objects with a dog or cat.|| (5) |
Simply open Build&Buy-Mode, select Comfort-section with living room chairs and purchase "The Retro Metro Chair" for §1,000 ten times. Let your cat or dog scratch each chair ~5 times until it's broken and the achievement will unlock.
|Leonardo Reborn||25 |
|Complete each of the Leonardo Reborn Sub-Challenges.|| (5) |
This achievement consists of 4 Sub-Challenges:
Before you start purchase the Scraptronic™ Workbench in Build&Buy-Mode (Entertainment > Hobbies & Skills-Section). It allows you to invent items and improve your Inventing Skill
Arc Light Generator: Create a complex invention using Palladium.
Use your dog and let him search for metals. Eventually he'll bring you the palladium. Rebuilding a complex invention will allow you to use metals. Choose Palladium and the challenge will unlock.
It's Alive!: Create a SimBot.
Refer to No Fate But What We Make.
Power of Heart: Recharge an invention with a Heart-cut-gem.
Let your dog dig for or collect any gem and select it from your inventory. Choose cut -> heart-shape +200%. Wait a day and the heart-shaped cut pink diamond will be placed in your mail box.
Click on any complex invention in your inventory and recharge it with the heart-cut-gem.
Self-Sustaining: Recharge a Ghost Zapper with a ghost.
Invent things until the Ghost Zapper is available. Wait until ~1-3 a.m. In-game messages will notify you of ghosts in the town. Visit any haunted location (ghost symbol on town map), click on a ghost and catch it. Afterward select the ghost zapper from your inventory and recharge it with a ghost.
|What Ghosts?||15 |
|Catch every ghost spawned by the Ghost Invasion karma power before it ends.|| |
Purchase the Scraptronic™ Workbench in Build&Buy-Mode (Entertainment > Hobbies & Skills-Section). It allows you to invent items and improve your Inventing Skill. After a while your Sim will invent a Ghost Zapper.
Complete enough in-game challenges to unlock the Karma Power Ghost Invasion. Ghost Invasion is available after unlocking at least 30 Karma rewards. It's located in Tier 11.
Use Ghost Invasion and catch every ghost with the Ghost Zapper. Traits such as Brave, Daredevil and Insane for Sims are recommended since your Sim might panic otherwise. Click on every ghost and choose to catch it with the ghost-zapper. You might have to try this several times since some ghosts disappear, afflict furniture, etc.
|Bad Neighbor||10 |
|Target your neighbor with the Ghostify Power, then catch them with a cat or Ghost Zapper.|| |
Adopt a cat / create a new household with a cat. Once your cat reaches lvl 7 Hunting Skill it can catch ghosts. Alternatively you can purchase the Scraptronic™ Workbench in Build&Buy-Mode (Entertainment > Hobbies & Skills-Section). It allows you to invent items and improve your Inventing Skill. After a while your Sim will invent a Ghost Zapper.
Complete enough in-game challenges to unlock the Karma Power Ghostify. Ghostify is available after unlocking at least 15 Karma rewards. It's located in Tier 6.
Use Ghostify on any neighbour of yours and catch him afterward with the Ghost Zapper or cat.
|Complete each of the mystery chapters.|| (1) |
You need to register as a Mysteriologist at the Town Hall before investigating a mystery. To do so simply choose the Town Map, click on City Hall and Register as Mysteriologist. You'll need a dog and a cat to complete certain events (can be found at the Mystery Journal section). High Digging & Hunting Skill is recommended.
Important: Always check the Town Map and find the magnifier-icon - it shows your current mystery location.
There are five missions in total:
- The Pirate Treasure (refer to The Missing Link)
- The Dog Days of Summer (refer to Search and Rescue)
- Just Nine Lives to Live (refer to A Punishable Offense)
- Necessity is the mother of invention (refer to Great Scott!)
- The Socialite Club (refer to Don't Talk About Socialite Club)
Once completed, each mission unlocks three rewards ranging from new houses for your Sims to new objects, new clothing, simoleons, challenge points and karma.
|The Missing Link||10 |
|Discover the lost pirate ship anchor.|| |
This is the very first mission from the Mystery Journal: The Pirate Treasure.
You play as Sim and as dog.
Relics & More
- Visit Seaston Terrace with your dog
- Let your dog dig until he finds the Mysterious Journal
The Mysterious Journal
- Translate the Mysterious Journal at a PC (Logic level 2 required)
Fishin' (and diggin') for Cache
- Visit Central Park with your dog- Let your dog dig until he finds the secret hideout
- Go fishing until you find you find the required items
Who is Samuel Gilman!
- Visit Central Park, get to know other Sims and ask them about Samuel Gilman
- Visit Gilman Hill Graveyard and explore the grave on the right side next to the entrance
- Visit the Mausoleum at night and ask the guard about Samuel Gilman
- Explore the Catacombs. This will unlock the Zombie Bears, Oh My! achievement.
- Visit the library for more information (click on the bookshelves)
- Visit Captain's Refuge and dig through the scrap on the right hand side next to the haunted house
- Visit Central Park, get to know other Sims and ask them about these artifacts
Remains of the Queen
- Visit a specific park and find a specific NPC (magnifier-icon on the map)
- Befriend with specific NPC and ask him/her about the artifacts
- Visit the Town Hall cellar between 10 p.m.-7 a.m.
At Last, the Pirate Treasure
- Visit the Coastal Cave
- Find the anchor in front of the cave. This will unlock the The Missing Link achievement.
- Explore the Coastal Cave
- Purchase a book about the Coastal Cave and search for hints (click on the book in your inventory and this option will show up)
- Explore the cave with a pet
Conclusion, As it Were
- Visit the Town Hall and report the pirate treasure
- Challenge completed. Pirate outfits unlocked.
|Zombie Bears, Oh My!||10 |
|Avoid the zombie bears to find the pirate ship's log.|| |
Please refer to The Missing Link (directly above this one)
|Doggie Duties||10 |
|Deal with the feline in the Dog Days of Summer mystery.|| (2) |
Please refer to Search and Rescue.
|Search and Rescue||10 |
|Explore the Abandoned Mine in search of Timmy.|| (1) |
This is the second mission from the Mystery Journal: The Dog Days of Summer.
You play as a dog.
Dog About Town
- Use your dog, choose Digging... > Sniff Ground at the Kitty Corner to find a specific cat
- Visit the Angel Household and wait until you're invited inside
- Locate the cat upstairs, be mean until you're able to fight with her
- This will unlock the Doggie Duties achievement
Dog and Pony Show
- Beg several Sims until they give you something good (= old cheese)
- Perform 2 tricks
- Catch up on dog gossip with some dogs around town. (e.g Angel and Gattus household)
Search for the Lost Boy
- Visit Barracuda Bay Swimming Center and swim in the pool to search for Timmy
- Search for Timmy by digging through some junk piles (e.g. Captain's Refuge and Central Park behind the Redbrick Community Theatre)
- Dig for a spot to bury the rotten food (simply click on the ground and dig here several times)
- Look for Timmy at the school (Town Map > Goldbeard's School for the Adroit > Search for Timmy)
Timmy Fell in the ... Where?
- Visit Augustus Memorial Park and sniff the ground
- Explore the Abandoned Mine. This will unlock the Search and Rescue achievement.
- Alert a Sim by barking at him/her
Dog Meet Dog World
- Find the "Wise One" pet (probably random, sniff other pets; Apple Canyon Commons, Bluna Timx)
- Pee inside a home to get attention (pee inside your Sim's house)
Every Dog has its Day
- Go for a walk with a Sim to the Abandoned Mine (control your Sim and go for a walk with the dog)
- Have a Sim use the phone to call the fire department (control your Sim and use the mobile phone)
- Go to City Hall to accept your reward.
|A Punishable Offense||10 |
|Punish the Sims for their crumb-filled, sub-standard furniture.|| (2) |
This is the third mission from the Mystery Journal: Just Nine Lives to Live.
You play as a cat.
Today's Agenda: World Domination
- Catch some bugs (Click on the ground > Hunt > Bugs)
- Tackle specific NPC (visit specific household, locate NPC and choose "tackle")
- Sit on something at home (bed, couch, etc.)
- Lie on a neighbour's couch (Visit the neighbours, wait until you're invited inside and lie on the couch)
- Scratch furniture (click on the sofa, table, etc. and scratch). This will unlock the A Punishable Offense achievement.
- Discuss napping with other cats (e.g. Wolff household)
- Search for Mr. Snugglywhiskers in the lighthouse
Cat and Mouse
- Catch 3 specific insects
- Catch 3 specific insects
- Give insects to Mr. Snugglywhiskers
The Legendary Purr-fect Sofa
- Investigate Goth Manor (Empty Lot)
- Hide under the sofa at home (Click on couch > explore underground)
Ghosts & Spirits can only be haunted at night between 10 p.m and 5 a.m. A ghost-icon on the town map shows haunted locations. Use the "Detect ghosts" option of your cat. Hunting level 7 required.
- Catch 2 spirits (colourful ghosts that don't look like a normal Sim/Pet-ghost)
- Catch 1 ghost (normal ghost of Sim/Pet)
- Rid the Goth Manor (Empty Lot) of ghosts during a haunting
The Cat's Meow
- Nap on the couch in Goth Manor (Empty Lot)
- Challenge completed. Goth Manor is now available for purchase.
|Don't Talk About Socialite Club||10 |
|Get the attention of the Socialite Club.|| (2) |
This is the fifth and final mission from the Mystery Journal: The Socialite Club.
You play as a Sim.
What is Socialite Club?
- Visit parks and neighbours, use friendly interactions and ask two Sims about the Socialite Club
- Visit specific household and ask specific NPC about the Club (Charisma Skill Level 2 required; use friendly interactions until you're friends)
- Get to know and invite over specific NPC (use friendly interactions until you're friends)
- Use any mirror to practice speech
- Throw a decent party (Lifetime Reward "Legendary Host" recommended; purchase Party-Equipment and Hi-Fi system from Build&Buy-Mode; use friendly and romantic interactions)
- Dance at the party by clicking on your active Sim or a guest. This will unlock the Don't Talk About Socialite Club achievement.
- Cook three specific meals (e.g. Autumn Salads) of normal quality (wait until lunch time and click on the fridge > serve lunch...). Deliver these between 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. to the bookstore (Ester's Book & Scrolls)
- Purchase "Physics, Darts & You: The 180 Throwing Guide" from the bookstore, select it from your inventory and "Read for Clues"
Darts. Who Knew?
- Win a dart game. Dart can be played at the Central Park, The Llama & The Hornd or at your home if you purchase it from Build&Buy-Mode. Select Play with... and choose any Sim and play until you've won.
- Discuss with specific NPC (open Town Map and search for Magnifier-Icon)
Gossip, Scandal & Confrontation
- Search newspaper for juicy gossip (newspapers can be found in front of your house next to the mail box)
- Search two trashcans for scandalous gossip (click on the trashcans of your neighbours and select rummage)
- Confront specific NPC with evidence
|Great Scott!||10 |
|Create a flux combobulator.|| (6) |
This is the fourth mission from the Mystery Journal: Necessity is the mother of invention.
You play as Sim.
Mystery 1: The Case of the Curious Painting
- Visit the Max Dalton Maritime Museum and admire the painting (turn right from main entrance; next to a small boat)
- Visit a specific household, make friends with a specific NPC and ask about the painting
- Use a computer to find a copy of a specific book (e.g. "Time Flies Like the Wind; Llamas like Bananas") (Logic Level 2 required)
- Use a computer to read this book
- Invent a Positronic Lens (Purchase the Scraptronic™ Workbench in Build&Buy-Mode; collect two gems with your dog)
- Visit the museum again and analyze the picture with Positronic Lens
Mystery 2: A Case of Temporal Discombulation
- Research the blueprint at a computer (Logic Level 3 required)
- Invent a Flux Combobulator (Invention Level 4 required). This will unlock the Great Scott! achievement.
- Catch a ghost with a cat / ghost-zipper (invention), click on the ghost in your inventory and choose "Power the Flux Combobulator"
- Invent a Time Machine (Workbench; complex invention)
- Place the Time Machine on your lot and use it to investigate the accident
Mystery 3: Now, that's a paradox!
- Visit the Max Dalton Maritime Museum and study the painting one more time
- Reach Painting Level 2 and use the Time Machine to return to the past to paint a picture
- Reach Writing Level 2 and use the Time Machine to return to the past to write a book
- Use your PC to write an e-mail to the Curator
|From the Ground Up||10 |
|Build your house from the ground up by replacing your property with an empty lot.|| (2) |
After creating your household and moving into your first house simply open the town map, move the over your house, press and click on replace lot. Choose the empty lot and as soon as you return to live- / build&buy-mode the achievement will unlock.
|Mansion Builder||25 |
|Build a house with 5 stories and an unfurnished value of at least §100,000.|| (9) |
First of all you need to own §100,000. Then open the town map, move the over your house, press and click on replace lot. Choose the empty lot and build a rectangular wall. Press and to build another wall on the next floor, etc. until you've built 5 floors in total. Afterward go to Build-Mode, select decorations and place the most expensive chimney (§5,000+) all over the property (inside and outside the building) until you've spent the §100,000. When you're done return to live-mode and the achievement will unlock.
|It's Good to be a Sim||50 |
|Complete each of the Sim happiness Challenges.|| |
This achievement consists of 6 sub-challenges:
Child Prodigy: Complete a Lifetime Wish before becoming a Young Adult.
Create a new household with one Parent-Sim and a teen. Set the life-span to epic/infinite. You can't choose a Lifetime Wish for a teen or child right away so you either have to wait until you've accumulated 10,000 Lifetime Happiness Points and are able to change/select your Lifetime Wish or you keep on writing books or painting for example since that often results in obtaining a Lifetime Wish as well. Choose an easy wish such as reaching level 10 in writing and painting. As soon as you have the wish do everything to complete it. Karma Powers such as the Genius Karma Power should help.
Happiness... It stacks: Get 10 positive Moodlets at the same time on one Sim.
First of all you need to remove all negative moods on your Sim. Make sure that the Sim is not hungry, has been on toilet, has enough social interactions, is clean, is well rested and has enough fun. This should already get you half of the required Moodlets. Then you can use some Karma Powers that'll give you one positive Moodlet each. Visiting the spa, theatre, football games, etc. will get you another one each. Starting a romantic relationship/getting engaged/marrying will get you even more positive Moodlets. Purchasing some new, expensive and comfortable furniture results in positive Moodlets, too. Once you have 10 at the same time the challenge will unlock.
Miracle Worker: Complete 500 Wishes.
- Create a new household with 6 identical Sims (create one and choose the "create a twin" option afterward). Traits can be random but don't use anything like insane, etc. I choose Friendly, Good, Bookworm, Artistic and Lucky.
- Then move into a house, switch to the Town Map click on the house and choose to replace the lot with an empty lot. Return to live mode, press Fast Forward and wait 12-24 in-game hours. Then all 6 Sims should wish for a bath/shower, bed, oven and fridge. Promise the wishes and save your game (e.g. "Miracle Worker" savegame).
- Go to Build&Buy-Mode and purchase the requested items. Return to live-mode and 24 wishes will be completed.
- Save your game under a different slot (e.g. "Test" savegame) and quit the game.
- Reload the first/"Miracle Worker" save and repeat steps 3-4 until the challenge is complete.
Sit Back and Relax: Get a spa treatment at the day spa.
Press and open the Town Map. Find the day spa (next to Central Park) and let one of your Sims get any spa treatment.
True Wealth: Gain 150,000 Lifetime Happiness Points on one Sim.
This is cumulative so you can spend the Lifetime Happiness Points whilst trying to complete this challenge. You need 150,000 LHP on one Sim. LHP are awarded when you complete wishes. Whilst controlling your Sim press , switch to the info-tab, press and you'll see the LHP and rewards. It'll take some time until you gain that much LHP. I'd suggest becoming an author (simply keep on writing books at a PC) since you'll get huge wishes (>30.000 LHP) after a while for writing a certain amount of books and bestsellers and for owning 100,000§, 250,000§, 500,00§ and 1,000,000§. Alternatively/Additionally keep on maxing out certain skills (if your Sim wishes to) or level up in your career.
Ultimate Wish: Complete a non-Lifetime-Wish worth 7,500 Lifetime Happiness Points or more.
That's not as hard as it sounds. Reaching level 10 in a specific skill or career often nets you around 8000 LHP and if you're a great author you can easily fulfill some 10,000 LHP wishes.
|Curator's Best Friend||25 |
|Complete each of the relic collection Challenges.|| (3) |
This achievement consists of 5 sub-challenges:
- Lucky Dogs: Collect all 4 dog relics to complete the Lucky Dogs.
- Twenty-Seven Lives: Collect all 3 cat relics to complete the Twenty-Seven Lives.
- Octo Avis: Collect all 8 bird relics to complete Octo Avis.
- Stirling's Unicorns: Collect all 4 unicorn relics to complete Stirling's Unicorns.
- The Whiskerton Plum-bob: Collect the Whiskerton Plum-bob relic.
The locations of these relics are random so I can't give any detailed information. Best thing to do is get a dog, level up the Digging Skill and dig around parks, etc. Eventually you will find every relic.
|Dancing Fiend||25 |
|Complete each of the dancing Challenges.|| (4) |
This achievement consists of 4 sub-challenges:
Dance of the Dead: Dance after becoming a ghost.
Complete enough in-game challenges to unlock the Karma Power Ghostify. Ghostify is available after unlocking at least 15 Karma rewards. It's located in Tier 6. Ghostify one of your Sim, place a Hi-Fi system on your lot and turn it on. Control a lively Sim, click on the ghost-Sim and choose the Dance together activity. The challenge will unlock when you start to dance.
Dancing with Death: Dance with the reaper.
Please refer to Don't Fear the Reaper achievement on how to let the Reaper spawn. Make sure to finish the game of chess and keep on clicking on the Reaper until you have the friendly, mean, romantic, etc. options.
It helps to use the Moodlet manager from inventing and choose to Cure him and he'll thank you. You can watch TV and he will join/friendly interact with you to bring up your friendship.
Install a Hi-Fi stereo system, turn it on and start dancing solo. Then keep on clicking on the Reaper until the Dance together option appears (not ask to join dance). The challenge will unlock when he dances with you.
Do the Robot: Make a Simbot dance!
Refer to No Fate But What We Make on how to build a SimBot. Control the SimBot, install a hi-fi system, turn it on and choose to Dance.
Move Your Body: Become an expert dancer - practice, practice, practice!
Dancing is a secret skill. This does not work on dancing with someone else. Select a Sim, install a Hi-Fi system, turn it on and choose to Dance. Keep on dancing until the challenge unlocks. This might take a few in-game hours.
|Complete each of the exhibitionist Challenges.|| (3) |
This achievement consists of 6 sub-challenges:
Before you start you need to have a romantic relationship with another Sim. Use friendly and romantic interactions until you're able to WooHoo. The Lifetime Reward 'Attractive' and a good Charisma Skill Level will help.
Can't Wait Till Tomorrow: WooHoo in the future.
Purchase the Scraptronic™ Workbench in Build&Buy-Mode (Entertainment > Hobbies & Skills-Section) for §1,250 and keep on inventing until you're able to build a Time Machine. Place it on your lot and select WooHoo with... > in the future.
Hot: WooHoo in a hot tub.
Go to Build&Buy-Mode, purchase a hot tub and place it on your lot. Let your two Sims enter the hot tub (naked if you want to go for the Yoink! achievement) and select WooHoo.
Wake the Dead: WooHoo in the Mausoleum.
Visit the Mausoleum with your partner and as soon as you're inside click on the building and you'll have the option to WooHoo in the Mausoleum.
WooHoo Backstage: WooHoo in the Theatre.
Visit the Theatre (at Central Park) with your partner and as soon as you're inside click on the building and you'll have the option to WooHoo backstage.
WooHoo in the House: WooHoo in City Hall.
Visit the City Hall with your partner and as soon as you're inside click on the building and you'll have the option to WooHoo inside.
WooHoo'ed: WooHoo in the past.
Purchase the Scraptronic™ Workbench in Build&Buy-Mode (Entertainment > Hobbies & Skills-Section) for §1,250 and keep on inventing until you're able to build a Time Machine. Place it on your lot and select WooHoo with... > in the past.
|Complete each of the explorer Challenges.|| (7) |
This achievement consists of 5 sub-challenges:
Abandoned Mine: Explore the Abandoned Mine.
Press and open the Town Map. In the East you'll find the Abandoned Mine. Select a Sim and choose to explore it. When you're done the challenge will unlock.
Beach Cave: Explore the Beach Cave.
Press and open the Town Map. In the North you'll find the Beach Cave. Select a dog and choose to explore it. When you're done the challenge will unlock.
Lighthouse: Explore the Lighthouse.
Press and open the Town Map. In the North-East you'll find the Lighthouse. Select a Sim and choose to explore it. When you're done the challenge will unlock.
Mausoleum: Explore the Mausoleum.
Press and open the Town Map. In the South-East you'll find the Mausoleum. Select a Sim and choose to explore it at night. When you're done the challenge will unlock.
Lost Knowledge: Find and read a book lost in the depths of Sugar Maple Coast.
Explore all the locations above again and again (preferably with the Lucky Karma Power) until you find a specific book (it's random, it could be "10K Leagues Under The Sea" or The Spelunking Sim for example). It's found most of the time in the coastal cave or in the light house. Select it from your inventory and read it to complete the challenge.
|Don't Fear the Reaper||25 |
|Scare the reaper.|| (12) |
First you have to kill one of your Sims. The easiest way is to let them die of hunger. Send a Sim to the garden, open build-mode and place a wall around your Sim. Make sure to delete all food and seeds from the inventory. Then simply wait ~24 in-game hours until your Sim dies. The Reaper (Mephisto) will appear then. Control a lively Sim and keep on clicking on the Reaper until you get the option to play chess with him. Traits such as evil, insane and daredevil might help. After finishing the game of chess click again on the Reaper and you'll have the option Mean > Frighten the Reaper. Abort the chess game and frighten Mephisto to unlock the achievement. Sometimes it's also possible to frighten the Reaper right away and sometimes you won't be able to select him at all. So just keep on trying and you'll eventually succeed.
It's recomended you complete the "Dancing with Death" challenge for the Dancing Fiend achievement at the same time or before you attempt this, when he still likes you.
If you cannot get him to Play Chess, he will usually sit and watch TV/interact with your 'mourning' Sim.
|Leet Skillz||25 |
|Complete any 10 Skill Journal Milestones.|| (4) |
Locate the Skill Journal by pressing in live-mode and switching to the skills tab. Select any skill, scroll down and you'll find several skill milestones (marked with a grey/golden star). Complete 10 of them and the achievement will unlock.
|No Fate But What We Make||25 |
|Send a simbot back in time.|| (5) |
- Purchase the Scraptronic™ Workbench in Build&Buy-Mode (Entertainment > Hobbies & Skills-Section) for §1,250.
- Start inventing: In the beginning you'll be able to invent widgets and toys. Later you'll have the option to create complex inventions. You need scrap to invent s.th.
- Create the Time Machine (Complex Invention) with 75 pieces of scrap.
- Continue inventing until you reach level 10 in this skill.
- Several in-game days/weeks later a skill-opportunity chain will pop-up. Make sure that no other opportunities are active or this opportunity won't show up. Optional: Complete the Inventing Skill Milestones in the meantime.
You must deliver the following items to the Science Lab:
1 unit of palladium (ore or smelted)
Use your dog and let him search for metals. Eventually he'll bring you the palladium.
10 life fruits
Use your dog and let him search for seeds. Eventually he'll bring you a life fruit seed. Seeds do count toward this sub-challenge. You can either wait until your dog finds 10 life fruit seeds or you plant one seed and harvest the fruits.
1 heart-shaped cut pink diamond
Pink Diamonds are extremely rare. Use your dog and let him search for gems. Your dog has to be level 10 and needs to have found at least 50 gems in total. The pink diamond was the 75th gem mine collected. Afterward select the pink diamond in your inventory and choose cut -> heart-shape +200%. Wait a day and the heart-shaped cut pink diamond will be placed in your mail box.
100 units of scrap.
You can either buy scrap at the workbench or you can collect scrap behind buildings / after explosions / etc.
- Afterward you will be able to invent the secret invention - a SimBot! Make sure to adopt it since you'll still need it for the Dancing Fiend achievement ("Do the robot" challenge).
- Simply take control over your SimBot, select the Time Machine and travel back in time.
Challenge Completed and Achievement unlocked.
|Go to work with 4 career performance requirements at Outstanding.|| (4) |
Apply for a job by clicking on a business shown at the Town Map or use your Computer to search for a fulltime job. Once you reach level 4 or 5 there will be 4 career performance requirements available in the career tab. You have to fulfill each of them until you get the "Outstanding" smiley. All 4 need to stay at "Outstanding" until you leave work. Karma Powers such as Super Satisfy are recommended. Law Enforcement Career and Business Career seem to be the easiest jobs for the achievement.
Tips for all career performance requirements:
You need to reach a specific level in a specific skill. The "Quick Lerner" Lifetime Award and the Genius Karma Power will make this easier. Read books and elaborate the skill by performing certain actions (e.g. writing a book, painting, fishing, gardening, cooking, etc.) until you reach the required level.
As soon as you're employed you'll be informed about your boss. Throw a party or call him/her and invite him/her to your home. Use lots of friendly and romantic interactions until you and your boss are friends, good friends or best friends. The lifetime reward "Attractive" and traits like Charismatic, and Friendly are recommended.
Use the Karma Power "Super Satisfied" to be in the best mood possible. You can also use the Moodlet Manager or you make sure that your Sim eats enough, sleeps enough, has lots of fun (play videogames), is clean, goes to toilet before you start working and has enough social interactions.
When you're at work press and and you'll be able to choose how your Sim works. Choose to hang around with your partner/co-workers to get the outstanding smiley. Alternatively you can invite them to your home in your free time and use friendly interactions.
Make sure to fulfill these extra requirements several times until you get the outstanding smiley. Switch to the career tab and press to see what you have to do. Usually you only have to interact friendly with NPCs and write something about that / ask them for money / etc. Often it's also possible to fulfill these extra requirements whilst at work (press and and perform the required task as long as necessary).
|Sunken Treasure||10 |
|Find a special plant while fishing.|| (6) |
You need to have a fishing skill level between 6 and 10 to be able to find that treasure. I used an Angelfish as bait. You can purchase an Angelfish from the Duck-In Bait shop by the pier. Just keep on fishing (preferably with the Lucky Karma Power) and you'll eventually succeed. I found the treasure at the pond near the lighthouse but the location is probably random.
|You Da Boss||25 |
|Reach level 10 of a career.|| |
Apply for a job by clicking on a business shown at the Town Map or use your Computer to search for a fulltime job . Work hard and fulfill the career performance requirements to level up quickly. After several in-game weeks you will reach level 10. You can speed things up by inviting your boss over when your career performance metre is completely green and ask him/her for a promotion.
|Must Love Pets||35 |
|Promise and complete a pet-related Lifetime Wish.|| (1) |
Complete one of these Lifetime Wishes for your Sim:
Pack Leader: Have 10 pet best friends over your lifetime.
Create a household with one Sim with the cat person and friendly trait and add 5 cats. Interact friendly and lovely between the Sim and its cats. After a while each cat can choose the Sim to be its best friend. Walk around in parks and visit neighbours to find more cats. Befriend with 5 others to complete this Lifetime Wish.
Beast Master: Own a dog with level 10 Digging Skill and a cat with level 10 Hunting Skill. Perform a trick exhibition with a dog you own.
Create a household with one Sim (cat and dog person traits), a dog (Digger trait) and a cat (Hunter trait). Teach each pet how to dig/hunt, take control over the pets and let them dig/hunt until each of them has reached level 10 in their respective skill. The "Quick Lerner" Lifetime Reward is recommended. Teach the dog some tricks until you're able to "Perform a trick exhibition". Once performed the Lifetime Wish is completed.
Pet Whisperer: Train 20 pet traits by praising and scolding pets.
Please refer to Good Fluffy! and Personality: I Haz It achievements. Having 5 pets in your household makes this easier.
Pet Matriarch: Raise a pet from birth to elder.
Set the lifespan to very short and start a game with a Sim, a female and a male pet (either 2 dogs or 2 cats). Use romantic interactions between the pets until they can try for puppies. Once the litter or kitten is born you only have to wait until they get older.