Xbox Live Gold Membership Giveaway Heads-Up
Written Wednesday, January 13, 2010 By Dan WebbView author's profile
To celebrate Microsoft's upcoming free Left 4 Dead 2 weekend for Silver members on Xbox Live (which takes place this weekend) and the final month of season 2 of the popular live quiz show, 1 vs. 100, we're joining forces with Microsoft tomorrow to give away a handful of year long Xbox Live Gold subscriptions.
Starting at midday tomorrow (12pm GMT, Thursday 14th), every two hours until 8pm (GMT) we'll be giving away a year's Gold subscription to Xbox Live to our followers on Twitter. We're planning nothing strenuous or overbearing, but if you want to be in with a chance of winning 1 of 5 Gold Memberships for a year, be sure to follow us and stay tuned tomorrow.
What do I get from an Xbox Live Gold Membership?
Well I'm glad you asked that, the Xbox Live Gold Membership gives you the following:
- Access to Microsoft's array of social networking applications (Twitter, Facebook, unlimited access to Last.FM and Halo Waypoint).
- A gold membership allows you to access the full benefits of the Sky Player (UK) and Netflix (other subscriptions apply).
- Day one demo access. You don't have to wait a week to play your most anticipated demos any more whilst your other Gold friends are telling you how awesome they are.
- Take advantage of Microsoft's Deal of the Week. A promotion that can effectively pay its way for the year as you can take advantage of weekly deals on cut-price content. Last year paved the way for discounts on The Maw, Shadow Complex, Braid, select Fallout 3 DLC and even GTA IV's The Lost And Damned, and more.
- The chance to take part in Microsoft's hugely successful interactive live quiz show, 1 vs. 100, where you play for free and you play for prizes.
- Not only do you get access to play the best competitive multiplayer games around (Halo 3, Modern Warfare 2), but it also allows you to access some frankly sublime co-operative multiplayer games (Left 4 Dead 2, Borderlands). Without a Gold Membership, you can't get the best out of these great co-op titles either. This reason alone is good enough to warrant the Gold Membership.
- And of course, multiplayer means... being able to unlock multiplayer achievements!
If I don't win the competition, how much is an Xbox Live Gold Membership going to cost me?
Simple, you can pick up a year's Xbox Live Gold Membership subscription for as little as £40 (UK)/$49.99 which is only £3.33 a month/$4.17 a month. If multiplayer is your game or you're a thrifty saver looking to save money on DLC and Xbox Live Arcade titles with Deal of the Week, a Gold Membership is a must. A must, I tells thee.
Does it matter if I have a Gold Membership already? Can I still enter the competitions?
No, it doesn't matter. Of course you can enter.
Are there any region restrictions on the competition?
Provided you have Xbox Live support in your country, no. Anyone can join and if you don't win the first time, feel free to enter the next one.
So remember, 12pm GMT tomorrow, come try your luck and win some Gold*.