x360a's Top 10 'Unveil Now Will You Please' Titles - E3 2008
Written Monday, July 14, 2008 By Dan WebbView author's profile
We all know that E3 is the perfect place for unveiling new titles. Sure we’ve heard the rumours and the whisperings about certain games, but we need a full unveiling with screens and trailers before we’re completely satisfied. It has been done before and will certainly be done again. According to GameInformer, Wolfenstein is already confirmed to be announced but what else do we want see? What intrigues us more? Well, find out after the jump.
10. New Hitman TitleBlood Money on the 360 was such a great sleeper title. Now imagine IO Interactive creating a Hitman exclusively with the next generation platforms in mind. No more porting up and adding a few layers of shine, the new Hitman title on the current generation platform could be something special. We know it’s in production after speaking to an IO rep earlier on in the year and it’s been a few years since Blood Money so E3 seems like the perfect place.
9. Knights of the Old Republic 3Earlier on in the year we heard a small rumour from an ex-LucasArts employee that KOTOR3 would be thrust upon us as an MMORPG with Bioware taking the lead. While none of this has been confirmed yet, will E3 be the place? We doubt it because LucasArts aren’t even going to be there. But if Activision are doing their conference just around the corner... Then who says LucasArts doesn't have something planned? Being a little hopeful? Maybe, but they do say magical things happen at E3. So if wizards with lightsabers turn up, you now know why.
8. Goldeneye XBLADammit... Nintendo... Microsoft, whatever has gone on, this needs to stop now, we need our nostalgia fix!! If we could lock them in a room until this ugly little problem was resolved, we would, but we don’t have a big enough room or enough time on our hands. Whatever the problems were, we still have a little hope in the back of our minds that Goldeneye will still get the XBLA treatment. Call it naivety, call it hope, whatever, but we will never give up on a game that we spent our youth embroiled in!
7. Half Life 2: Episode 3We just can’t get enough of Half Life 2 and it seems like neither can you. Although Valve recently confirmed that they will not be showing Half Life 2: Episode 3 at E3 2008, the fact that the first concept art dropped on Friday seems a little coincidental to us. Was the whole “we won’t be showing that there” a smoke screen? It could very well be. As soon as we find out, you’ll know. We have our fingers crossed though.
6. Duke Nukem ForeverSure we’ve seen a teaser. Sure we’ve seen a little bit of over the shoulder handy cam footage, but we seriously want to see something in HD glory. A few screens, another trailer, something. We’re not asking a lot since this game has been in development for over 10 years and we haven’t seen a press release in over 4. They could also time it nicely with the launch of the Duke Nukem XBLA title. Wow, I’m full of ideas today.
5. Diablo 3 for Xbox 360
It would make you melt wouldn’t it? I mean seriously melt inside. Recently Blizzard unveiled the much anticipated Diablo 3 for PC and Mac. What we want is a 360 version and with the recent merger of financial powerhouse Activision with Blizzard and co, this might be a possibility. I mean, Activision will want to get full value for their titles right? We are talking about the same people that milked Guitar Hero to its last thread of dignity. The Diablo series for me personally has been the centre of my gaming universe and everything revolves around this. I’d give anything to play it on my HD TV rather than on my laptop where I spend most my day. Imagine co-op online over Live with achievements as well. Hell, we’d actually let Microsoft exploit us by charging an arm and a leg for it to come with keyboard and mouse. Exploit us dammit!! This is a worthy cause if ever there was one!
4. Bioshock 2
When Bioshock entered our lives last year and astounded the critics by smashing all metacritic records, as soon as we completed it we just wanted more. Recently Take 2 representatives have mentioned that Bioshock will be getting the trilogy treatment which is no surprise really. We all know it’s coming but we want more. We want visuals, details, plot premise. We just need something to tide us over for a few months and we’re hoping E3 can deliver it.
3. Infinity Ward’s Sci-Fi ShooterReports have been flying around the web for some time that Infinity Ward are creating a new IP, a sci-fi shooter to be precise. Early reports believed this to be the follow up Call of Duty title, however a post on their blog would suggest otherwise as they said that they are stepping up their relationship with Activision and looking in to “the possibility of a unique new IP" that they'll "have complete control over”. If it’s got Infinity Ward on the box and it’s a shooter, it can be nothing but good.
2. Dead Rising 2Dead Rising was one of the outstanding new IP’s a few years back, so to not create a sequel to it would be utter madness. The rumours indicate that a Canadian developer was taking control of the helm and it was going to be set in Las Vegas. We don’t care so long as Capcom announce it this year at E3. Imagine Dead Rising in a bigger, brighter location with more weapons, a better save system and maybe even a little co-op. We have dreams too!
1. Secret Bungie TitleThis one has been bugging us for some time. We’re fairly sure it can be one of 3 things... A Halo project with no Master Chief, a Master Chief Project with no Halo or a Marathon follow-up for next gen platforms. Whichever one of the 3 it is, we don’t really care, they will all be worthy of a place in our hearts. We’d like to see the Master Chief without the Halo project because what would Halo be without Master Chief? The answer is Die Hard with Kevin Costner playing John McClane *shudders*
E3 is sure to be a blast this week and hopefully some of these games mentioned above are unveiled. Stay glued to x360a and you won’t miss a thing... We promise!