Batman: Arkham City Xbox 360 Game Saves Go Missing
Written Tuesday, November 15, 2011 By Richard WalkerView author's profile
Here's a conundrum that would even test Batman's formidable skills as the world's greatest detective: the case of the missing Xbox 360 game saves. Apparently, some Arkham City players are finding that their saves are mysteriously disappearing without warning, due to possible bugs in the 360 version of the game.
A post on the official Arkham City forums from Rocksteady has acknowledged the issue, but thus far the developer's QA testers have "been unable to reproduce the issue", as they look to investigate what's causing the saved games to vanish into thin air.
Rocksteady and WB Games are currently looking for answers to the following questions to help pinpoint the bug:
- What version of the Xbox 360 hardware are you are experiencing the “disappearing save files” issue on?
- What storage method are you using to save your Batman: Arkham City game files to (i.e. Xbox 360 hard drive, Xbox 360 memory unit, USB drive)?
- What version of the Xbox 360 system software do you have on your machine?
- Are you running a Beta version of the forthcoming Xbox 360 “Holiday 2011” system update?
- Have you experienced the “disappearing save files” issue before and/or after installing any Batman: Arkham City DLC content (If yes, please be specific as to the DLC content you have downloaded)?
- Have you experienced the “disappearing save files” issue before and/or after installing either of Batman: Arkham City's two title updates?
If you think you can help, head on over to the Arkham City forums. Hopefully the bug will be isolated and fixed before anyone else's saves go missing, and we can all get back to clearing up Arkham City's streets.