Gears of War 2 Details! "No party system would be a pretty big %^&up"
Written Wednesday, May 14, 2008 By Alan PettitView author's profile
I've gone ahead and read a few articles from the likes of 360 Fanboy, Joystiq, etc. and decided to compile everything I've found into one neat little article for you fine folks here at x360a... bullet-point syle, my favorite! I've put some of the most interesting ones up top.
- Carmine is back! How does one recover from a headshot? I guess we'll find out.
- Cliffy B was quoted as saying "I think that if we were not to have a feature like that, it would probably be a pretty big fuckup" in regards to having a party system in multiplayer. Very good news there.
- When downed, rapid pressing of the A-button will allow you to crawl to safety, rather than simply prolonging the inevitable.
- Vehicles! At least one, the Centaur Tank, has been confirmed to be driveable. No word if this is campaign or online though.
- No longer invulnerable when performing executions, so make sure the coast is clear before going for that curb stomp.
- Weapon-specific executions, with the return of the curb stomp. (Cliffy mentioned the blades along the edge of the Torque Bow as an example.)
- Hostages can be taken and used as shields.
- Multiplayer will be 5v5 with additional modes and maps.
- Reworked cover system to avoid accidental sticking to walls.
- "Buckets of blood," including trails when moving along walls and dripping from hostages.
Oh, and don't forget the "Journal" that will keep track of your achievements. However, they have also said they will be taking an active role to avoid boosting, by only allowing one kill per weapon per match to count for the achievements. Now, I think this is a small hinderence and will just result in shorter boosting matches. If there are five available weapons, people will just get one kill with each for every person in the boosting match, then end the match and go start another. If they really want to put a stop to boosting in ranked matches, they need to either not have online achievements (COD4, anyone?) or allow the use of private player matches.