From Dust Hoovers Up More Cash Than Any Other 2011 XBL Title
Written Thursday, January 26, 2012 By Lee BradleyView author's profile
Xbox Live Arcade revenue is on the up, with the service setting a new record in 2011 with an estimated $144 million in takings, according to analysts, Forecasting & Analyzing Digital Entertainment.
Rather surprisingly, of the XBL games released last year, Ubisoft's From Dust was the highest earner. Promoted as part of Microsoft's Summer of Arcade, the Eric Chahi-developed god game sold 308,000 units, racking up an estimated $4.6 million in revenue, according to the firm.
Microsoft's Full House Poker shifted the most overall units last year, generating an estimated $3.6 million, while Castle Crashers continued to rack up the big bucks, taking a whopping $4.6 Million despite being almost four years old. Now where's BattleBlock Theatre, The Behemoth?
The full list of FADE's estimated top ten selling 2011 titles for 2011 can be found below.
1. Full House Poker (Microsoft Game Studios) - 375,000 Units / $3.6 Million USD ($9.66 ASP)
2. Castle Crashers (The Behemoth) - 335,000 Units / $4.6 Million USD ($13.69 ASP)
3. Fruit Ninja Kinect (Halfbrick Studios) - 324,000 Units / $3.2 Million USD
4. From Dust (Ubisoft) - 308,000 Units / $4.6 Million USD ($15.00 ASP)
5. Trials HD (RedLynx, LTD) - 286,000 Units / $4.0 Million USD ($13.80 ASP)
6. Magic: The Gathering (Stainless Games) - 278,000 Units / $2.7 Million USD ($9.71 ASP)
7. Torchlight (Runic Games) - 272,000 Units / $4.0 Million USD ($14.64 ASP)
8. Toy Soldiers: Cold War (Signal Studios) - 241,000 Units / $3.6 Million USD ($15.00 ASP)
9. Bastion (Supergiant Games) - 241,000 Units / $3.6 Million USD ($15.00 ASP)
10. Dungeons & Dragons: Daggerdale (Bedlam Games) - 210,000 Units / $2.8 Million USD ($13.38 ASP)