King of Fighters XIII Patch Finally Inbound
Written Wednesday, February 01, 2012 By Lee BradleyView author's profile
Good news for King of Fighters XIII fans. After a long wait, Rising Star Games has finally released a patch to fix the game's wonky online play. Hitting Xbox 360 "soon," you can find full details below.
Meanwhile, the North American publisher of the game, Atlus, also announced a $10 price drop for the game to accompany its appearance at this year's EVO fighting tournament. There's no word as to whether this deal will extend to other territories.
Full patch notes:
- Ranked Match Filtering: One of the most requested additions, players may now set conditions for their opponent's connection. When a player who doesn't meet the standby conditions tries to enter the Ranked match, a warning message will be displayed and the match cancelled.
- Improved Filtering: Filtering functionality in general has seen dramatic improvements. Previously, certain connection data was not filtered sufficiently and the player had a chance of connecting to opponents with poor connection quality. Now, more aggressive filtering should ensure that players are only matched with opponents who meet their filter settings.
- Improved Connection Antenna: The computation behind the players' connection antenna, the meter indicating the quality of a player's connection, has been improved, resulting in a more accurate and consistent measurement.
- Temporarily Saved Custom Match Settings: Players may continue searching for opponents with the same settings as long as the player remains in the PLAYER MATCH/RANKED MATCH menu.
- Character-specific Bug Fixes: "NESTS-Style" Kyo and Iori with the Power of Flames no longer become unresponsive under certain circumstances.
- Additional refinements, fixes, and more.