Username
Password
    
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Skyrim DLC Will Be More Substantial, Less Frequent, Say Bethesda

Written By
View author's profile

Bethesda’s plan for Skyrim DLC is to release bigger lumps of content, less frequently than they did with Fallout 3.

"For Fallout 3 we did five DLCs. That was a very aggressive path for us," said studio boss Todd Howard. "Our plan now is to take more time, to have more meat on them [for Skyrim]. They'll feel closer to an expansion pack.

"With Fallout 3, it was, 'Ten dollars is the sweet spot for us and we know we want to put out five of them. And we had overlapping teams. We were coming off Fallout 3 and right back in."

But Howard now thinks that the studio can produce better content “if we approach it a different way."

To help fill the quiet periods, Bethesda will drip feed regular small, free content. "Because that gap is going to be bigger, we want to put little things out for free in between,” said Howard. However, he added, “We're trying to figure out what those things are."

Howard also said that the bonkers crazy additions to the game shown off at DICE last week could come to Skyrim officially, via DLC. "There are definitely things in there that we are planning on exploring," he said.

"It looks like a ton of stuff that could ship right now, but it's in a sizzle video. It's, you know, it's not bug-tested, polished, balanced.

There’s more too. "That wasn't all of it,” said Howard. “It's probably 60 per cent of it. The other 40 per cent doesn't show as well in a video or we didn't have good footage."

No date was suggested for the upcoming DLC. Howard said only that development is at a “very early” stage.

[Via Kotaku]




 
 

User Comments
 

You need to register before being able to post comments.

 


 
Game Info
Genre:

Release:

US November 11, 2011

Collection:6797
Wishlist:910
 
 
Screenshots
 
 
Videos
 
 
MyAchievements
You need to log in or register to use MyAchievements.
 
 
Related News
 
 
Rating
   

99   


96


0

You need to log in or register to rate games.

User Score is based on 2940 user ratings.