CoD: Black Ops 2 Multiplayer Rumours Bombard The Interweb
Written Wednesday, March 28, 2012 By Richard WalkerView author's profile
Activision hasn't even got around to announcing it yet, but that hasn't stopped the internet from grinding into action with yet more rumours regarding Treyarch's proposed Call of Duty: Black Ops 2. That's even assuming that it'll be Treyarch and Black Ops 2. Nothing's official at present. Today sees some multiplayer details hitting the web, regardless.
The leaked multiplayer details come via MP1st, in a forum thread that has since been shut down by Activision, which only serves to lend a little extra weight to the rumoured modes and other features in the extensive list, which also reckons that the game will be releasing in November, which is admittedly a no-brainer.
Here's the complete list of rumoured Black Ops 2 features. Pinch of salt implied:
- Escort, a new game mode
- > Similar to Search and Destroy however a live player must be escorted to one of three areas (or two depending on the map) without being killed.
- >The match will have rounds, consisting of one life only.
- Drop Zone and Kill Confirmed will return
- Team Defender and Infected will not return
- Will follow from Modern Warfare 3’s system
- Larger emphasis on objectives
- > A bomb plant is worth 2 points
- > A neutral flag is worth 1, however an enemy flag is worth 2
- > A flag assist capture is worth 1, a capture is worth 2
- The Specialist Pointstreak has be modified
- > 2 kills now gets you 1 perk
- > The 4th kill gets you 2 more perks
- > The 6th kill gets you 3 more perks
- > The 8th Kill gets you 4 more perks
- > You do not get every perk when you reach 8 kills
- > Perks only become “Pro” when you have them Pro
- RC XD will not return
- Heat vision
- > Is a new Pointstreak reward
- > When you get the required points, you can activate this Pointstreak and your player pulls out a scope and attaches it to your weapon.
- > This scopes main advantage is it’s ability to detect enemies through most walls.
- > Note, the scope can only be attached to primaries not including shotguns
- Item Packages
- > Requires 5 points
- > Fall along side care packages and air drop traps.
- > Features a list of package items only
- > Including ammo, mini gun, grenade launcher, rocket launcher, and body armor
- There will be 15 prestiges
- There will be 50 ranks
- Every two prestiges there is a 5 rank increase
- The final prestige has 90 levels
- ELITE is being fully incorporated into Black Ops 2
- Combat record has been modified and re-named as ELITE Stats
- There will be a specific lobby for clan matches (new way of leveling clans)
- Clan Tournaments can now be implemented
- No MOAB or Nuke
- No last stand
- No death streaks
- No flame thrower attachment
- Map design and size will be following Black Ops not Modern Warfare 3
- Improved sniper rifle usage.
- No aim assist for any sniper rifle.
- Less sway
- No longer just perk 1 chooses the players appearance
- Appearance is a combination of all perks and type of Pointstreak being used.
- Larger emphasis on hardcore than ever before
- No grenade launchers
- Only vehicle guided rocket launchers permitted
- Respawn timings decreased (for most modes)
- 1 bullet in the foot will no longer kill a person, a head or chest shot is usually required.
- A person will now bleed out if severely injured.
Perk System 2.0
- The Perk Pro system has been upgraded
- There is now 2 options a perk can advance to.
- Both require different challenges to unlock
- Once the desired Pro version is unlocked, the player can select that as their “Perk Pro”.
- Once selected, the only way to choose the other option is by entering prestige mode.
- For example Perk slot 1 has the perk called Speed
- Speed – Reduces the time taken to aim down the sight
- > Pro I – Swaps weapons faster
- > Pro II – Throws equipment faster
- Will be returning with vast improvements.
- Difficulty is no longer based on how long the bots take to start shooting.
- Bots now have an advance AI system
- Similar to the behaviour seen in the MW3 Spec Ops survival
Activision CEO Eric Hirshberg has promised "meaningful innovation" for the next Call of Duty title, as well as the arrival of CoD: Elite 2.0, and Treyarch and Infinity Ward will be collaborating on future Call of Duty games. Expect more rumours, conjecture and hearsay until Activision makes the next CoD official...