This Week on the Xbox Live Arcade: Roogoo
Written Monday, June 02, 2008 By Alan PettitView author's profile
This will cost 800 MSP.
Roogoo updates the square peg in a round hole premise to a whole new level. Help the Roogoo defeat their enemies, the evil Meemoo, in Roogoo, a new and innovative action-based puzzler. Players line up multiple platforms on different levels to allow shaped blocks to pass through and once enough of them stack up, that particular shape closes off. A simple premise becomes more complicated as Meemoos begin to obstruct players' paths, and butterflies attempt to steal blocks away. Players must swivel, roll, and boost their way through 45 puzzle-filled levels alone or with up to four friends in cooperative party mode play. For those with a more competitive spirit, Roogoo offers a two-player multiplayer mode over Xbox LIVE® where players battle to solve the same puzzle and can build up attacks to thwart their competitors' efforts.
- New puzzle mechanic: Roogoo features unique 3-D puzzle mechanics where players guide shaped blocks through rotating disks in order to bring them to the ground for high scores while defeating the evil Meemoo.
- Gameplay: Race through 45 progressive action-based puzzle-filled levels.
- Multiplayer mode: The game features robust head-to-head two-player split screen competition over Xbox LIVE for a seriously fun race mode.
- Attack meter: Race to build up your Attack Meter and place enemy Meemoos on your opponents' disks to give you that extra edge to knock out your competition.
- Local party play: Play with one to four players in one game to complete any level. Work as a team and as an individual to get the best score.