Street Fighter 25th Anniversary Collector's Set Dragon Punching Your Wallet This September
Written Wednesday, May 23, 2012 By Richard WalkerView author's profile
Ever since Ryu threw his first hadoken across an arcade cabinet screen, Street Fighter has been indelibly ingrained in video game culture, and to celebrate the seminal fighting series' 25th anniversary, Capcom has today announced the Street Fighter 25th Anniversary Collector's Set, which is chockful of SF goodness.
There's the set of games themselves (except for the first Street Fighter), a load of DLC, an exclusive video, artwork, collectibles, an 11-disc soundtrack and a Ryu statue all crammed into one box. Here's the contents and details:
- Past and Present Street Fighter Games – Playable on current gen PS3 and Xbox 360 console systems, the four critically-acclaimed titles selected from the star-studded catalog are: Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix, Street Fighter III 3rd Strike Online Edition, Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition with all costume DLC, and Street Fighter X Tekken including all character and Swap Costume DLC.
- Exclusive Video – The two-disc Blu-Ray set includes a documentary that highlights the profound influence the franchise has had on fans - and vice versa - throughout the years. The collection of videos also includes Street Fighter IV and Super Street Fighter IV Anime movies as well as all episodes of the Street Fighter animated series and Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie.
- Light-up Ryu Statue – A specially commissioned and highly-detailed collectable Ryu statue stands prominently at 8” tall and features the iconic character in mid-Shoryuken, with flames lit from below.
- 11-Disc Soundtrack – Street Fighter game music spanning the past 25 years, in addition to remixes and fan-created music inspired by past Street Fighter games.
- 64-page Hardcover Art Book – A tribute to Street Fighter game fans from all over the world, the art book includes fan pieces submitted by professional and aspiring artists alike.
- Ryu’s Belt – Created to regulation specs, the full-size martial arts black belt is a replica of the one Ryu wears and even includes his classic "Fürinkazan" in kanji!
- Certificate of Authenticity – Each Collector’s Set comes individually numbered complete with a certificate of authenticity.
Between July and December, Capcom will also be running a global Street Fighter 25th anniversary tournament, to celebrate the big event, with a prize fund of half a million dollars.
Meanwhile, the Street Fighter 25th Anniversary Collector's Set has currently been confirmed only for North America with a September 18th, 2012 release date and a price tag of $149.99. Check it out in the images below.