This Week's UK X360 Top 20 Charts
Written Monday, August 20, 2012 By Lee BradleyView author's profile
With the Olympics behind us, the power of SEGA’s London 2012: The Official Video Game dims. It has been replaced on the top of the podium by none other than Sleeping Dogs, the much-travelled open worlder from United Front.
Sleeping Dogs started life as an Activision title called True Crime Hong Kong in 2008, before being dumped, picked up by Square Enix and published as Sleeping Dogs four years later. After just one week in stores is looks like the ending to the story is a happy one. Sleeping Dogs was the best-selling game in the United Kingdom last week.
Elsewhere, Risen 2: Dark Waters and Lollipop Chainsaw exhibited contrasting fortunes. The pirate-flavoured RPG fell from ninth to 17th after only three weeks on the charts, while the zombie-slaying cheerleader sim climbed back into the top 20, up from 28th to 20th.
Full chart beneath.
POS. | TITLE | PUBLISHER | LAST WEEK | WEEKS ON CHART
- SLEEPING DOGS SQUARE ENIX - 1
- LONDON 2012: THE OFFICIAL VIDEO GAME SEGA 1 8
- LEGO BATMAN 2: DC SUPER HEROES WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE 2 9
- THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ACTIVISION 4 8
- BATMAN: ARKHAM CITY WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE 3 44
- TOM CLANCY'S GHOST RECON: FUTURE SOLDIER UBISOFT 6 13
- THE ELDER SCROLLS V: SKYRIM BETHESDA SOFTWORKS 5 41
- FORZA MOTORSPORT 4 MICROSOFT 8 45
- BATTLEFIELD 3 EA GAMES 7 43
- FIFA 12 EA SPORTS 10 47
- SAINTS ROW: THE THIRD THQ 13 40
- SPEC OPS: THE LINE 2K GAMES 12 8
- KINECT STAR WARS LUCASARTS 11 20
- TIGER WOODS PGA TOUR 13 EA SPORTS 17 21
- [PROTOTYPE 2] ACTIVISION 14 17
- FIFA STREET EA SPORTS 21 23
- RISEN 2: DARK WATERS DEEP SILVER 9 3
- SKYLANDERS: SPYRO'S ADVENTURE SKYLANDERS 19 44
- SNIPER ELITE V2 505 GAMES 16 16
- LOLLIPOP CHAINSAW WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE 28 6
Leisure software charts compiled by Chart Track, (C)2012 UKIE Ltd