Big FIFA 13 Update Coming This Weekend
Written Thursday, October 11, 2012 By Lee BradleyView author's profile
EA Sports is issuing a title updte for FIFA 13 this weekend, designed to tackle the game’s Career Mode crash bug and Online Seasons connection issues.
"The FIFA 13 launch has seen the largest amount of daily online play for any game in EA history," says the FIFA 13 website. "Your feedback to date has already helped us optimize connectivity for users, as well as tweak applications and game modes."
The title update will also address a number of other issues. Here’s the full list.
- Career Mode freeze while starting a new career with free agents.
- Career Mode hangs when using Game Face.
- Stability in Career Mode when players retire or are being bought back from loan.
- Users will no longer be able to lower difficulty settings in a FUT Seasons match.
- Napoli of Serie A will now have fully authentic kits and crests in FIFA and FIFA Ultimate Team.
- Legacy defending and passing assistance options removed in Pro Clubs.
- Freeze in Pro Clubs Results screen.
- Matchmaking settings in Pro Clubs (with "ANY" and "Match Keeper") will provide the desired results.
- Changes made in National Squad not properly reflected in Manager Mode screen.
Further updates for are planned for the game later this month, in addition to some planned maintenance tomorrow.
"Some fans may wonder why we can't fix all the known issues at once," said EA Sports. "That's a fair question and the answer isn't quite as simple.
"We are delivering improvements and fixes in such a way to ensure the millions of people playing FIFA 13 each day do not experience undue or overly lengthy network/server outages, that title updates and other improvements are done to a high quality, and that we're confident the changes will improve the FIFA 13 experience for everyone."
FIFA 13 is currently the best-selling game in the UK, and has broken records worldwide to become "the biggest sports video game ever." If you’re still on the fence about it check out our review. We rather liked it.