Assassin's Creed III Launches With Day One Patch
Written Tuesday, October 30, 2012 By Richard WalkerView author's profile
The good old 'day one patch' is all the rage nowadays, with Medal of Honor: Warfighter being the latest example to join the launch day patch club. You can add Assassin's Creed III to that list, as Ubisoft has released a launch day update that addresses 44 different bugs and issues.
- Animus Synching tutorial, fixed an issue where the player could think he’s stuck in an infinite loading when getting to Boston after the end credits
- Fixed a bug where counter-killing with the bow does not always work
- NPCs spawned too far away could end up being of the wrong type
- Camera could remain stuck after the player being respawned
- Player could remain stuck after diving from a waterfall
- Player could remain stuck if he exits a slopped hay stack at a certain angle
- player would always get immediately detected when performing an unarmed stealth assassination in another guard’s back
- Under rare circumstances, the crowd would stop spawning
- Fixed an animation glitch when interrupting the reception from high profile jump
- Fixed various occurrences of missing sounds
- In some cases, the Animus Database sound ambiance was not stopped when exiting
- Various stats and leaderboards were not showing up properly
- Online shop could sometimes appear empty if fetching the data from Xbox Live is taking too long
- Possible crash that could happen if the player blends in a crowd group where some NPCs haven’t spawned yet, and while blended performs a kill.
- Possible crash that could happen if the player triggered a loading while being in a covert escort formation with his brotherhood trainees
- Possble crash that could happen when calling a brotherhood trainee with the snipe ability
- Possible crash if the player spams the swivel guns with the semi-automatic cheat enabled
- Brawler Challenges 3 – Task “Own every weapon available in the stores” would not complete when the player expects it to.
- Fort Monmouth and Fort Division – Quest objectives would fail too early without the fort resetting properly
- New York delivery mission – Game asked for a different item (deer heart) than what was showed to the player (venison)
- New York Liberation Missions – Possible that the game would wrongly display that 2 of the districts were completely liberated when it’s not the case yet
SPOILER FIXES (Like, seriously)
- Mission “HAPPY EXPECTATIONS” – Game could remain stuck on a white screen when starting the mission
- On the Homestead, fixed a bug where the player could remain stuck if he performs a corner pose on the left side of Norris’ cave’s entrance
- “OAK ISLAND” – Player could pass through the ground when diving into the cave
- “OAK ISLAND” – Wolves could stop attacking the player and remain stuck
Keep a lookout for our Assassin's Creed III review this week. The game's out in North America today and is out tomorrow in Europe.