Fresh Grand Theft Auto V Details Drop
Written Thursday, November 08, 2012 By Richard WalkerView author's profile
Following the unveiling of Game Informer's Grand Theft Auto V cover for its December issue earlier today, the first batch of details have dropped from the 18-page spread, revealing everything from the names of the three new protagonists, to a few facts about the open-world of Los Santos, the missions and some of the gameplay apsects.
Here's the first bunch of details from GI, via NeoGAF:
- Three Protagonists: Trevor (early 40s, career criminal), Michael (early 40s, white guy, retired bank robber), and Franklin (early 20s, black/mixed race, repo man).
- Each character has his own personality, motivation, and skillset.
- Vehicles: cars and trucks, bikes (BMX, mountain), dirtbikes, ATVs, helicopters, planes, and jet skis.
- Los Santos in GTA V is bigger than the worlds of RDR, San Andreas, and GTA IV combined.
- Heists will be predominantly featured in GTA V. (Heat, anyone?)
- Customise your look but not San Andreas style RPG elements.
- Side-missions that Rockstar mentioned include: yoga, triathlons, tennis, and golf.
- Random NPC encounters are back and more developed.
- The ocean floor is detailed and can be explored.
- More fleshed out missions ala "Three Leaf Clover".
- More complex side missions and activities similar to Red Dead. "It's better to have one really good mini game than five half-assed ones that aren't fun".
- Better driving controls
- Improved shooting mechanics
- Refined melee combat
- Vibrant in-game economy (but no buying property)
We'll update this post as more details emerge. Grand Theft Auto V is out in spring 2013.