Borderlands 2 Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt DLC Images and Details Leak
Written Monday, December 17, 2012 By Richard WalkerView author's profile
A whole raft of details and images from Borderlands 2's next dose of DLC have been hacked from a recent title update, revealing some of the new skins, heads and weapons that'll feature in Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt when it eventually launches.
Taking you to an entirely "savage" new continent named Aegrus, the leaked promotional blurb states that your goal will be "to uncover the most exotic creatures Pandora has to offer, and give 'em the old one-two!" Details posted on Reddit reveal that a future update codenamed 'Gardenia' will add three new customisation packs - the Domination, Supremacy and Madness Packs - bundling a new head and skin per character. It's not clear whether these will be unlockable or offered as paid content.
Here's more somewhat SPOILERIFIC details on Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt, courtesy of MikeTheInfidel on Reddit:
- One new head and one new skin for each class
- A new vehicle - the fanboat (summoned from a Catch-A-Boat station), with 68 of its own skins and corrosive, incendiary, and shock weapon mods
- Currently 12 side missions and 5 longer main story missions
- A new raid boss ("Imagine, if you will, a Stalker the size of a small building. Now imagine yourself killing it.")
- More new Seraph items
- New kinds of enemies, like the borok and the scaylion
- Lots of monster-tracking side missions assigned by Sir Hammerlock
- A new swamp/jungle continent named Aegrus
- A self-important but not-so-well-known new enemy who is "super-pumped we're archenemies now", and who leads a tribe of jungle savages and has an evil plan that might actually work
- A new treasure room brimming with goodies... but with a time limit
As well as the above details, there's also a bunch of new images showing the skins from MP1ST, and images of new weapons and items you'll be able to unearth in the upcoming DLC via Examiner provided by 'technojacker'. You can check them all out below.
2K Games and Gearbox have yet to officially announce Borderlands 2's Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt, but we snagged the trophies on our sister site PS3T, a few days ago. In short, it's coming pretty soon.