BioShock: Ultimate Rapture Edition Confirmed
Written Friday, January 04, 2013 By Richard WalkerView author's profile
Having been outed by the BBFC back in June of last year, 2K Games has officially confirmed that the BioShock: Ultimate Rapture Edition is indeed coming to North America (and presumably the UK and Europe) later in the month, bundling the first two BioShock games and an array of additional content in one Big Daddy-sized box.
As well as both BioShock and BioShock 2, you'll find all of the add-ons (including previously PS3-exclusive content available on Xbox 360 for the first time) and the "never-before-seen Museum of Orphaned Concepts, providing a rare look at early concept art and character models that never made it into BioShock."
According to the press release, there's over $40 worth of extra content crammed into the generously proportioned BioShock package, which will retail for a rather bargainous $29.99. Here's the complete rundown of what's in the box:
- BioShock and BioShock 2: Obviously
- Museum of Orphaned Concepts: Take a tour of a never-before-seen BioShock museum and view early concept art, character models and more set within the halls of Rapture.
- Plasmids Pack: Includes four additional Plasmids and Gene Tonics – Sonic Boom, EVE Saver, Vending Expert and Machine Buster – for use in BioShock.
- Challenge Rooms Pack: Previously exclusive to PS3 and now available for Xbox 360 for the first time, the pack tests the player’s mettle by requiring them to utilize the skills learned while traversing the halls of Rapture to survive three separate puzzle rooms in BioShock.
- Sinclair Solutions Tester: Contains a number of customization features that allow players to further their character’s development in BioShock 2 multiplayer modes and provides a deeper multiplayer experience.
- Rapture Metro: Includes six additional multiplayer maps, an additional multiplayer gameplay mode and a rank increase to level 50 for BioShock 2 multiplayer.
- The Protector Trials: Features frantic combat and fast-paced action designed to push players’ mastery of weapons and Plasmids in a BioShock 2 single-player experience spread across six maps.
- Minerva’s Den: A substantial narrative experience that puts players in the role Subject Sigma and introduces new characters, locations and mystery to the world of Rapture in BioShock 2. Set in a new environment, Rapture Central Computing, Minerva’s Den adds a gripping new storyline to extend the BioShock 2 experience.
- Also included, is an exclusive collectable sticker pack from BioShock Infinite’s world of Columbia to get gamers ready for the next chapter in the BioShockuniverse.
BioShock: Ultimate Rapture Edition will be heading to North America on January 14th, 2013. We await news of an EU and UK release... BioShock: Infinite meanwhile, is out on March 26th, 2013.