GAME Starting Store Lock-Ins This Weekend
Written Friday, January 04, 2013 By Richard WalkerView author's profile
GAME has announced that it's set to commence a series of store lock-in community events to take place after store opening hours, giving gamers the opportunity to get their hands on some exciting future releases ahead of their respective launch dates.
In a deal with EA, the first of these lock-in events will run across January into the first half of February from this weekend onwards in 18 of the retailer's stores. You have to be 18 or over to qualify for attendance, and either signing up in-store or tweeting the relevant store in question is the only way to secure an invite on a first come, first served basis.
Snacks and drinks will be provided, and the first set of events during January and February will offer up some hands-on time with Visceral Games' Dead Space 3. Spare underwear is optional, but advised.
Here's the list of dates confirmed thus far:
- 6th January 2013: Westfield Stratford
- 6th January 2013: Birmingham Bullring
- 6th January 2013: Glasgow
- 8th January 2013: Newcastle
- 9th January 2013: White Rose, Leeds
- 9th January 2013: Kingston
- 11th January 2013: Watford
- 13th January 2013: Sheffield Meadowhall
- 13th January 2013: Cardiff
- 13th January 2013: Bluewater
- 15th January 2013: Nottingham
- 15th January 2013: Southampton
- 17th January 2013: Norwich
- 17th January 2013: Reading
- 19th January 2013: Bristol
- 20th January 2013: Thurrock
- 20th January 2013: Manchester
- 7th February 2013: Belfast