Free XCOM: Enemy Unknown DLC Out Today
Written Tuesday, January 08, 2013 By Lee BradleyView author's profile
Here’s a nice way to start the day. 2K has announced that free DLC for XCOM: Enemy Unknown will be heading our way later today.
Called Second Wave, the DLC allows access to a bunch of options that previous only unlocked once you had completed the game, plus a few more that were tucked away in the game’s code - abandoned features created during development.
There’s some interesting stuff in there including randomised starting stats for Rookies and random stat increases on level-ups, as well as a range of options that should make the game even tougher. Plenty to get stuck into.
Check out the new options below.
- Damage Roulette: Weapons have a wider range of damage.*
- New Economy: Randomized council member funding.*
- Not Created Equally: Rookies will have random starting stats.*
- Hidden Potential: As a soldier is promoted, stats increase randomly.*
- Red Fog: Combat wounds will degrade the soldier's mission stats.
- Absolutely Critical: A flanking shot guarantees a critical hit.
- The Greater Good: Psionics can only be learned from interrogating a psionic alien.
- Marathon: The game takes considerably longer to complete.
- Results Driven: A country offers less funding as its panic level increases.
- High Stakes: Random rewards for stopping alien abductions.
- Diminishing Returns: Increased cost of satellite construction.
- More Than Human: The psionic gift is extremely rare.
- War Weariness: Funding goes down over time. **
- E-115: Elerium degrades over time. **
- Total Loss: Lose all soldier gear upon death. **
- Alternate Sources: The power source cost to build facilities increases dramatically. **
*Unlocked prior to completion of campaign.
** Obtainable upon completion of Impossible difficulty