Far Cry Outpost App Available For Far Cry 3 Now
Written Wednesday, January 09, 2013 By Richard WalkerView author's profile
Ubisoft has announced that the Far Cry Outpost app for Far Cry 3 is now available to download on iOS and Android mobile devices, offering you the chance to customise your multiplayer and co-op weapon loadouts on the go, as well as keep an eye on the maps you've created in the game's Map Editor.
You can also decode encrypted data from discs, memory cards and USB sticks earned in multiplayer using your phone, unlocking advanced weapon mods and XP while you're on the bus, train or whatever. You get the idea, right? Here's the rundown of details:
- Decode the encrypted data you find in game to unlock advanced weapon mods and earn bonus XP. Don’t wait until you’re playing the game to start decoding. Instead, decode on the go! Once you unlock a weapon mod, you can accept it, give it to one of your friends or sell it for more XP straight from your phone.
- View and customise your Loadouts so that you’re ready to play once you’re back in the game.
- Keep track of your progress through the Daily and Weekly Challenges. Completing these Challenges will earn you XP.
- Check out your personal stats and the stats of your friends, including time played, level, top weapons, awards and more.
- Keep track of the maps you’ve made in the Map Editor. You can follow the current tier placements and how many people have liked or favourited your maps.
Far Cry Outpost for Far Cry 3 is available to download for free on iOS and Android devices now. Oh, and you'll need a Uplay account to use it. Got that? Good. Here's a trailer explaining it all in more detail.