Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen Dated and Detailed
Written Wednesday, January 23, 2013 By Richard WalkerView author's profile
Capcom has released the first proper, concrete details for Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen, the hefty expansion for the sprawling RPG that takes your adventurer to the Bitterblack Isle, just off the Gransys mainland. You'll be able to export your existing character and save data over to the Dark Arisen expansion, with an array of new quests to tackle.
As well as offering a huge new area, new missions and enemies, you'll unearth incredible treasure as you face a new threat that's emerged from deep within the cavernous depths of Bitterblack Isle. Owners of the original Dragon's Dogma will be able to download the Dark Arisen expansion and obtain 100,000 Rift Crystals, unlimited Ferrystones and the Gransys Armour Pack consisting of six brand new costumes for free.
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen will also be available to purchase on disc and will include all of the content from the original Dragon's Dogma as well as the following Dark Arisen content:
- More skills/equipment/augments:
- Level 3 Skills
- DD: DA provides each character class with a new tier of skills, giving players new devastating abilities and skills to master
- Over 100 pieces of new equipment
- All new high level weapons and armor sets for players venturing into the underground caverns
- 14 new character/Pawn augments
- New tiers of equipment enhancement
- Level 3 Skills
- And there’s more:
- Increased character customisation options
- Item appraisal
- Option to select Japanese voice over
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen will also herald the arrival of a new, more intuitive menu system and easier travel around Gransys. These improvements will be retrofitted for owners of the original Dragon's Dogma.
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen will be available on April 23rd in North America and April 26th in Europe for $39.99. Check out the cover art, trailer and screens below. There's 15 images showing the Elder Ogre and Strigoi monster in the gallery.