Black Ops II and Xbox 360 Dominate US Charts for January
Written Friday, February 15, 2013 By Lee BradleyView author's profile
The Xbox 360 was the best-selling console in the US in January, racking up its 18th consecutive month as the top overall gaming platform (home consoles and handhelds) and its 25th consecutive month as the best-selling home console.
The console shifted 281,000 units last month and currently holds a 44 per cent share of "current-generation console sales", according to NPD data.
Meanwhile, Call of Duty: Black Ops II topped the software sales charts, seeing off competition from Far Cry 3 and Just Dance 4. Sports titles NBA 2K13 and Madden 13 placed in fourth and fifth position, with DmC: Devil May Cry earning the highest spot for a new entry at six.
Full software chart below.
Top ten best-selling software, US retail, January 2013
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (PS3, 360, Wii U, PC)
- Far Cry 3 (PS3, 360, PC)
- Just Dance 4 (PS3, 360, Wii, Wii U)
- NBA 2K13 (PS3, 360, Wii U, Wii, PC, PSP)
- Madden NFL 13 (PS3, 360, Wii U, Wii, Vita)
- DMC Devil May Cry (PS3, 360)
- Halo 4 (360)
- Assassin's Creed 3 (PS3, 360, Wii U, PC)
- Skylanders Giants (PS3, 360, Wii U, Wii, 3DS)
- FIFA 13 (PS3, 360, Wii U, Wii, 3DS, Vita)