This Week's UK X360 Top 20 Charts
Written Monday, February 18, 2013 By Lee BradleyView author's profile
Aliens: Colonial Marines has shot to the top of the UK retail charts, despite some er... troubling reviews.
In fact, Colonial Marines enjoyed the biggest launch of any game in the UK so far this year, according to GfK Chart-Track, eclipsing Dead Space 3's efforts last week. Shows what the power of a strong liscense and high-profile marketing can do, eh?
First week sales are usually attributed to these things, but as the life of a game goes on word of mouth becomes far more important. So with this in mind we expect Aliens: Colonial Marines to begin its tumbledown the charts soon, especially as Crysis 3 and Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance are due to enter the fray.
Full top 20 chart below.
POS. | TITLE | PUBLISHER | LAST WEEK | WEEKS ON CHART
- new ALIENS: COLONIAL MARINES SEGA - 1
- DEAD SPACE 3 EA GAMES 1 2
- FIFA 13 EA SPORTS 4 21
- CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS II ACTIVISION 2 14
- FAR CRY 3 UBISOFT 3 12
- HALO 4 MICROSOFT 5 15
- FORZA HORIZON MICROSOFT 6 17
- THE ELDER SCROLLS V: SKYRIM BETHESDA SOFTWORKS 7 67
- ASSASSIN'S CREED III UBISOFT 10 16
- NEED FOR SPEED MOST WANTED EA GAMES 11 16
- HITMAN ABSOLUTION SQUARE ENIX 9 13
- HITMAN: HD TRILOGY SQUARE ENIX 8 3
- DISHONORED BETHESDA SOFTWORKS 14 19
- SONIC & ALL STARS RACING TRANSFORMED SEGA 20 14
- - MEDAL OF HONOR: WARFIGHTER EA GAMES 15 17
- - SKYLANDERS GIANTS SKYLANDERS 16 18
- LEGO THE LORD OF THE RINGS WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE 19 13
- BORDERLANDS 2 2K GAMES 13 22
- WWE '13 THQ 17 16
- LEGO BATMAN 2: DC SUPER HEROES WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE 21 35
Leisure software charts compiled by Chart Track, (C)2013 UKIE Ltd