Far Cry 3 Outpost Reset and Master Difficulty Patch Out Now
Written Wednesday, March 06, 2013 By Richard WalkerView author's profile
Far Cry 3's Outpost reset and Master difficulty patch is available today, enabling you to return to liberated outposts to play them again and take on a more challenging difficulty level upon completing the campaign, with tougher enemies and more dangerous wildlife.
The patch comes in response to fan feedback, encouraging players to revisit Rook Islands to take on new challenges. It also adds new features to the multiplayer map editor, including new search options, a spectator mode and more. You can check out the patch's features in full below:
- Outposts reset: after the end of the game, players can choose to reset the liberated outposts to face the challenge to take them over again
- A new difficulty setting: Players who have completed the campaign can restart the adventure on MASTER difficulty, with more challenging enemies and dangerous wildlife
- Map Beta Test: Map makers can now start a beta test to monitor how their map is being played using the new spectate feature and regular players are enabled to provide better feedback to help map makers improve their projects.
- Maps by author: Players will be able to show all the maps created by an author
- Idle kick: The feature that kicks out idle players during a MP match is removed from custom and private matches
- The Skip map voting system has been improved with more visibility and time to cast the vote
- A new mini-game called The Grid has been added to the Outpost website and smartphone apps.