Battlefield 3 Gets a Mahoosive 1.92GB Patch, DICE Insists You Download It
Written Tuesday, March 12, 2013 By Richard WalkerView author's profile
DICE has released a new, enormous multiplayer patch for Battlefield 3 today, excitingly titled 'Multiplayer Update 6'. The 1.92GB patch lays the groundwork for the impending release of the End Game DLC for Battlefield 3 Premium members today.
"This Battlefield 3 update contains improvements to the multiplayer portions of the game. We strongly advise you download it," reads the description on Xbox.com.
Battlefield 3: End Game releases today for BF3 Premium subs, while non-Premium members will be able to purchase it for 1200 Microsoft Points on March 26th. It adds new vehicles, new maps and other lovely stuff. You can read all about it here.
Here's the Multiplayer Update 6 patch notes:
Game update change list: Tweaks and fixes
- TV-missile should no longer be able to blow up the helicopter shooting the missile.
- Fixed an issue where the proximity defense ability of the Mobile Artillery in Armored Kill does not kill enemies that are standing at a corner of the vehicle. Blast radius extended to 3 meters.
- Scavenger mode ticket count in Aftermath increased from 150 to 300 to create matches that last a bit longer.
- Fixed incorrect spelling on Aftermath dog tags.
- Enabled player movement in Gun Master mode in pre-round.
- Fixed an issue where an AT mine kill could count as a vehicle kill.
- Improved the position of the repair icon so that it won’t disappear outside the screen while repairing.
- Solved a teleportation glitch where the user could teleport if using a knife and a mortar in combination.
- Fixed an issue where the Air Radar would display a minimap when running on a hardcore server with minimap disabled.
- Fixed an issue where the player camera would flip 180 degrees if the player was revived in water.
- Solved an issue where having spawn immunity while being in a vehicle that gets destroyed would grant the player invulnerability.
- Improved the behavior of destroyed Rhib boats so that they have proper interaction with other vehicles.
- Fixed an issue where landing a helicopter on a mobile artillery vehicle would make the helicopter invisible.
- Solved an issue where a counter on Operation Metro lacked collision so that players were unable to put their bipod on it.
- Fixed an issue where team swapping could be used by server admins to team kill.
- Fixed an issue where the floor collision of a particular building would disappear if destroyed by a vehicle.
- Added ticket status in the end of round screen for Scavenger Mode.
- Fixed an issue where door textures appeared on the floor of certain buildings in Grand Bazaar.
- Fixed an issue where the player health was displayed improperly on kill cards in Hardcore Mode.
- Enabled the Co-op dog tags to be used freely within the game since they were unobtainable in their previous design.
- Fixed several collision issues causing players to get stuck unintentionally. Levels affected: Operation Metro, Noshahr Canals, Wake Island, Damavand Peak, Operation Firestorm, Earthquake, And Caspian Border.
- Fixed several collision issues where the player was able to get out of the playable area on several maps. Levels affected: Talah Market, Epicenter, Markaz Monolith, Noshahr Canals, Grand Bazaar, Azadi Palace, Operation Metro, and Seine Crossing.
- Fixed a bug to make sure that unranked servers always have scoring enabled.