Mark of the Ninja to Receive Special Edition DLC This Summer
Written Tuesday, March 19, 2013 By Lee BradleyView author's profile
Mark of the Ninja is to receive a batch of new downloadable content this summer, developer Klei has announced.
Designed to create a kind of “Criterion Edition” of the XBLA game, the Mark of the Ninja Special Edition DLC adds a new level, a new style of play, new items and developer commentaries.
You can see a list of the new additions below, in Klei’s own words. No price or exact release date has yet been announced, however, fans will be able to give the new content a whizz at PAX East this weekend.
- A new level, set in a flashback to the early life of Dosan (the ninja’s tattoo artist) that will set the stage for the events that transpire in Mark of the Ninja.
- A new style of play, which includes a nonlethal takedown ability, and provides a hybrid of lethal and nonlethal approaches to the game.
- Two new items, one more geared to stealth and concealment and one a bit more direct. Both the items and the new play style will be available in the main game as well as the new level. (more details at a later date).
- Finally, we’ve added a ton of developer commentary to the main game. All the original levels will feature a number of commentary nodes that discuss various aspects of the game’s creation, anecdotes, at least two history lessons and other behind the scenes info from nearly everyone on the team.
- Developer commentary has been fully localized for English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, and Japanese. (Which our amazing community has helped us to translate).