The GRID 2 Cheevo Diaries - Episode 7: The Cutting Room Floor
Written Friday, March 29, 2013 By Dan WebbView author's profile
Things in life rarely turn out as you'd planned... for instance, we had originally planned to release the GRID 2 achievement and trophy list some time in the middle of April. Alas, because of a potential leak on Steam though, we were forced to unveil the list before some blighter got their hands on it.
So here we are then, we announced the list, but as we've pointed out all the way through the process, things are seldom as easy as you think. Welcome to episode 7 of the GRID 2 Cheevo & Trophy Diaries, and in fact, my favourite episode: "The Cutting Room Floor." Yes, we're exploring what didn't make it and why, to give you an even bigger insight into the constraints we had to work with and what not - PS - there's a lot.
For this episode we had Ross Gowing, Senior Gameplay Designer, on hand to run us through some of the reasons why potential achievements and trophies were rejected. We also stitched Mr Iain Smith up, Associate Producer on GRID 2, by putting him on the spot and quizzing him about an aspect of the game that he wasn't privvy to... you know, for shits and giggles.
It might be worth bearing in mind that we also shot this before the list leaked... so just pretend it hasn't for about 8 minutes.
Not up to speed? Then catch up with all the episodes right now...
- The GRID 2 Cheevo Video Diaries – Episode 1: Objectives & Advice
- The GRID 2 Cheevo Video Diaries – Episode 2: Balance
- The GRID 2 Cheevo Video Diaries – Episode 3: The Usual Process
- The GRID 2 Cheevo Video Diaries – Episode 4: The Bare Necessities
- The GRID 2 Cheevo Video Diaries – Episode 5: The Ideas Factory & Fun Factor
- The GRID 2 Cheevo Video Diaries – Episode 6: Potential Pitfalls