Website and Trailers Disappear for XCOM Shooter
Written Monday, April 15, 2013 By Lee BradleyView author's profile
The future of 2K’s XCOM first-person shooter has been thrown into doubt after the website and trailers for the game were removed from the internet. Could this be in preperation for the rumoured The Bureau announcement?
Visit the XCOM FPS’s official website and you’ll be greeted by a 404 error, while the two trailers for the game on 2K’s official YouTube page have also been removed.
Announced in 2010, the XCOM FPS angered purists and fans of the original games, thanks to its shift to the shooter genre. It has since suffered several delays and was said to have shifted to a downloadable squad-based, third-person shooter title. Most recently, rumours have begun circulating that XCOM was being rebranded as something called The Bureau.
Indeed, such have been delays that XCOM: Enemy Unknown, last year’s hit strategy reboot, was announced and released during the time the XCOM FPS has been quiet.
During a financial call in February, 2K told investors that production on the title continued. Now it looks as though it has either been scrapped or radically overhauled.
For their part, 2K "has no comment about the sites being down today."
[via Digital Trends]