Minecraft Update in Certification, New Skins Packs Incoming
Written Wednesday, May 08, 2013 By Lee BradleyView author's profile
The latest Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition update is currently in certification with Microsoft, meaning that a release is imminent.
This time out the update is focused entirely on bug squashing, ironing out some of the game’s problems. There’s an unconfirmed list of the fixes below.
- Fix for explosion lag issue on clients in an online game.
- Fix to remove any Fireballs hanging in the air in a save game.
- Fix to only show the spawn limit message to the player attempting to spawn something.
- Fixed the terrain mipmaps to have the updated version of the gravel texture in them.
- Fix for the spawn limit overrun when shearing or breeding Mooshrooms
- Increased the limit for Paintings/Item Frames, Villagers, and Snow Golems in a world.
- Display a message when the maximum Paintings/Item Frames are reached.
- Display a message when the user tries to put an animal in Love Mode when the spawn limits have been reached.
- Display a message when the user tries to spawn an enemy from a Spawn Egg in Peaceful mode.
- Reduced Ghast sound volume
In addition to this, two new skin packs are hitting XBL over the next couple of days. The Battle 'N' Beasts pack hits today for 160 MSP, while the Minecraft 1st Birthday pack hits tomorrow for free.