GRID 2's Peak Performance Pack Out Now, Trailered
Written Tuesday, July 23, 2013 By Richard WalkerView author's profile
Codemasters has today launched the Peak Performance Pack for GRID 2, bundling six special edition cars for use in single-player, split-screen and online multiplayer modes.
Each vehicle has custom paint jobs, body mods and tuning upgrades making them eligible to race at Tier 2 in multiplayer as opposed to their stock Tier 1 counterparts. The six rides and their mods are detailed below:
- Dodge Charger RT – Stiffer suspension, wider wheels and aggressive camber improve traction whilst additional power under the bonnet, an extra gear and stripped out weight improve top speed and acceleration
- Ford Mustang Mach 1 Twister Special – Improved aerodynamics reduce drag, bigger brakes reducing braking distances and engine improvements increase acceleration and top speed
- Chevrolet Camaro Z28 RS SS 1970 – A re-mapped engine adds more horsepower and torque, reduced mass and inertias give the car more responsive steering and a lower centre of mass and stiffer suspension improves traction and reduces body roll
- Volkswagen Golf R – An engine upgrade boosts acceleration and top speed, a lower roll centre and lower centre of gravity improves traction and its revised differential setup minimises understeer
- BMW E30 M3 – Comes equipped with a racing clutch to reduce shift times whilst it’s re-mapped engine and stripped out weight improves top speed and acceleration
- BMW 1 Series M Coupe – With a huge 150kg stripped out, this BMW’s stiffer suspension and increased camber improves traction and longer gear ratios increase top speed
You can check out the three customised US muscle cars and three tuned European classics in the new video below. The GRID 2 Peak Performance Pack is out now for 400 Microsoft Points. You can also download a free Peak Performance sampler car here.