Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition Sells Over 8 Million, Title Update 12 Detailed
Written Monday, August 12, 2013 By Richard WalkerView author's profile
Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition is still selling like the hottest hot cakes imaginable, with the latest tally clocking in at over 8 million copies sold, 4J Studios revealed over Twitter at the weekend. This news comes in as 4J also recently revealed that Title Update 12 has been submitted to Microsoft for certification [thanks to everyone who sent this in] and should be available to download soon.
The extensive Title Update 12 changelog includes a doubling of the build height from 128 blocks to 256, and the addition of a Jungle Biome, in which you can house jungle trees, grow cocoa beans and wild ocelots. There's a whole raft of additions and changes beyond that lot, with a new tutorial world, zombie sieges at night and villagers who can have children. Horses are set to arrive in a future patch.
Take a look at the full list of changes that will be coming with Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition's Title Update 12. A date has yet to be confirmed for the update.
Title Update 12 Changelog
- Iron Golem
- Baby Villager
- Redstone Lamp
- Jungle Wood Stairs
- Jungle Wood Half Slab
- Jungle Wood Block
- Jungle Wood Planks
- Jungle Tree Sapling
- Ocelot Spawn Egg
- (Creative Mode only) Chiseled Stone Brick
- (Creative Mode only) Mob Heads (Skeleton, Wither Skeleton, Zombie, Human and Creeper)
- New Tutorial World.
- New map height limit (256 instead of 128).
- Jungle Biome
- Jungle trees
- Cocoa beans grow on Jungle trees
- Slabs and Stairs can be placed upside-down by placing them below a block.
- Added Corner Stairs and upside down Corner Stairs.
- Added 3D dropped items.
- Added dispensing Boats and Minecarts to Dispenser.
- New ambient cave sounds.
- New AI for Mobs.
- Added rare drops for Mobs.
- Villagers will have children if there is room in their village.
- Zombie sieges will occur occasionally at night.
- Zombies break down doors on Hard Mode.
- Crafting recipe for ladder now yields 3 ladders instead of 2.
- Placing blocks on grass will replace it.
- Lava now has a faint rumbling sound effect, and large particles that hop out of the lava produce a popping sound.
- Very rare Desert Wells can be found in Desert biomes.
- Increased max boats in a world to 40.
- When in the Nether, Snow Golems will melt and die same as when they are in Desert biomes.
- Abandoned Mineshafts can generate with wooden bridges now when generated over a cave or over top another tunnel.
- Doors have been updated so that double doors work better with Redstone.
- Added a Favorites tab to the Skin Selector menu, storing most recently used skins.
- Added support for Texture Packs and Mash-up Packs, and display of these in the Minecraft Store.
- Fixed local player shadows not being displayed.
- Fixed a few issues with the Privileges settings.
- Fixed visible seams in clouds.
- Fixed 3rd person camera issues with water, where the underwater filter would be randomly removed.
- Fix for structures generating at the edge of a world.
- Fix for putting enchanted items in a Minecart With Chest and destroying it removes the enchantments.
- Fix for breaking a bow having improper animation.
- Fix to make Minecarts run at the correct speed.
- Fixed a few memory leaks.
- Fixed issue with "Can Open Containers" option.
- Fixed issues with "Can Build and Mine" option.
- Fixed Issue with TNT blocks being triggered by explosions even with "TNT explodes" option off.
- Fixed Wolves not tilting their heads when the player has a bone in their hand.
- Fixed the color of Potion particles status effect to match the Potion color.
- Fix for doors spitting in half and glitching in open/closed motion when mined.
- Fixed artifacts on edge of flames when in first person.
- Fixed a lot of game lighting issues.