Battlefield 4 Gets Trailer, Beta and Premium Details
Written Tuesday, August 20, 2013 By Lee BradleyView author's profile
Here’s the ‘Paracel Storm’ multiplayer trailer for Battlefield 4, shown on stage during EA’s gamescom press conference.
“Watch intense and dramatic naval combat on swelling seas and stormy oceans, with 64-player action in the Battlefield 4 ‘Paracel Storm’ map,” says the blurb.
In addition to this, DICE’s Karl Magnus Troedsson also announced that the game will go into beta in October. Battlefield 3 Premium owners, those that pre-ordered Battlefield 4 Digital Deluxe, and owners of Medal of Honor Warfighter Digital Deluxe and Medal of Honor Warfighter Limited Edition will be offered access.
The beta will contain the Siege of Shanghai map on Conquest mode.
Meanwhile, Battlefield 4 Premium has been detailed, offering access to five expansion packs featuring new multiplayer maps and in-game content, two weeks before everyone else. The expansions are as follows:
- Battlefield 4 Second Assault – Includes four fan-favorite Battlefield 3 maps now re-imagined with the power of Frostbite 3. Available first on Xbox One
- Battlefield 4 China Rising – Players fight for dominance across the vast and majestic Chinese mainland. Available December 2013
- Battlefield 4 Naval Strike – Experience dynamic ocean combat as the Chinese armada takes the fight to the sea. Available Spring 2014
- Battlefield 4 Dragon’s Teeth – The US strikes back engaging in all-out urban warfare. Available Summer 2014
- Battlefield 4 Final Stand – Bring the war to its epic conclusion. Available Summer 2014
In addition to this, Battlefield 4 Premium also offers up:
- Unique personalization options including camos, paints, emblems, dogtags and more
- Priority position in server queues
- New content every week
- 12 bonus Battlefield 4 Battlepacks
- Transfer Battlefield 4 Premium membership from Xbox 360 to Xbox One and PlayStation 3 to PlayStation 4
Battlefield 4 will be available October 29th for current-gen systems. A next-gen version is coming at a later date.