Grand Theft Auto V Patch 1.04 Rolls Out, Stimulus Package Still AWOL [Updated]
Written Friday, October 18, 2013 By Richard WalkerView author's profile
Original Story Presumably squashing more pesky Grand Theft Auto Online bugs and instances of vehicle loss in the story, GTA V's update 1.04 has commenced rolling out on Xbox Live, as some community members have spotted over on the Rockstar News Wire. While a new patch has started to emerge however, hide nor hair has been seen of the first $250K promised as part of the GTA Online Stimulus Package.
The first half of the $500,000 of free in-game cash was supposed to pop up this week, but has yet to be added to players' wallets. "We should have word on the next title update and timing on the first GTA$ deposit soon," Rockstar stated in a comment on the same News Wire article. "Thanks for your continued patience."
To summarise then. Update 1.04 for Grand Theft Auto V is rolling out on Xbox 360 now. It might take a while before it shows in your region, but it's coming. The first chunk of Stimulus Package cash is missing at present, but will also be on its way soon. We just don't know when yet. Stay tuned.
Rockstar has updated its News Wire with the patch notes for update 1.04, which addresses lost vehicles and a number of issues within GTA Online. Check out the patch notes here:
- Fixes numerous issues that were causing vehicle loss and/or loss of vehicle mods
- Fixes an issue where the incorrect car is replaced when choosing to replace a car in a full garage
- Fixes an exploit allowing players to sell the same vehicle multiple times
- Fixes an issue that caused personal vehicles to be duplicated
- Fixes an issue where some players were unable to pay utility bills on an owned apartment or house
- Fixes an issue where players were not getting Crew invites in-game
- Fixes an issue where the starting point for the tutorial race was not appearing
- Fixes issues with joining Jobs from within a player-owned garage
- Fixes issues with players getting stuck while using playlists
- Fixes additional issues causing black screens, long load times, and players getting stuck in the sky cam
- Adds details in the UI to clarify that characters created while Rockstar cloud is unavailable are temporary (non-saved)
- Adds changes to the character creator to make better-looking default characters with the “random” option
- Players now only lose a maximum of 500 GTA$ upon death in Freemode
There's also news on the $500K Stimulus Package, which was supposed to be coming this week. The first $250,000 deposit will be coming to players accounts early next week instead, according to a comment from Rockstar that reads thus:
"Hey guys, in regards to questions about the first deposit of GTA$. We're aiming to make the first deposit of $250,000 in all players accounts early next week once we've confirmed that any remaining game progress issues have been fixed for the community in this latest title update. Thanks for understanding and stay tuned to the Newswire for more details."