Xbox One Mandatory System Update Goes Live, Fixes Multiplayer Issues
Written Wednesday, December 11, 2013 By Richard WalkerView author's profile
A system update for Xbox One has recently gone live, meaning that if you keep your console in the 'Instant On' low power state, it will have already been downloaded in the background while your Xbox One has been off. Upon turning on your console again, you may be presented with the green Xbox One logo for 2-5 minutes.
Users not using the 'Instant On' low power state will be required to download and apply the update after December 12th 2am PT. The system update addresses the following issues:
- Addresses SmartGlass issues for some users when coming in and out of connected standby
- Addresses multiplayer issues for some users when re-joining games
- Addresses issues with inconsistent notifications for some users
- Addresses dashboard performance for some users
- Offers improvements for Xbox One’s TV, system update, and content update services for scaling over time
- Updated wireless networking driver to improve connectivity issues for some users
Microsoft is planning more updates for Xbox One in the near future, but for now you can consult this official support document for more details on this latest patch.
[Via Major Nelson]