Activision Dates Vigilante 8: Arcade
Written Wednesday, October 08, 2008 By James Parkin
Good news everyone! According to Activision's game page for the XBLA title, Vigilante 8: Arcade, we finally have ourselves a release date!
Vigilante 8: Arcade currently has a release date of November 5th!
Not sure about the game? Well then here are a few juicy details!
"Take the wheel as fully-loaded auto combat revs into high gear on Xbox Live Arcade with Vigilante 8: Arcade. It's a down and dirty, gear-grinding, metal-piercing war on wheels where everyone's riding shotgun. So get in. Sit down. Blow stuff up.
This brand new re-make of the classic Vigilante 8 game lets you choose from among eight tricked-out retro-fine '70s vehicles that can unleash some serious firepower. Multiple special weapon types let you wreak havoc on five newly-designed and destructible arenas across the American Southwest. Complete the single player Quest story mode or test your car-crushing skills with up to 8 players in local and LIVE multiplayer versus or co-op modes. Rebuilt from the ground up, V8: Arcade features top-notch visuals and pyrotechnics, advanced off-road car physics, interactive environmental hazards, sophisticated bot AI, power-ups, salvage points, achievements, leaderboards and more!
- Eight gorgeous, highly-varied supercharged '70s vehicles, each rendered using advanced metallic shaders at 10,000+ polygons
- Advanced off-road car physics, user-customizable car paint color, classic Vigilante 8 character personas, and a unique special weapon per vehicle
- Six standard weapon pick-ups with three advanced attacks each, featuring both 'classic' (combo) and 'casual' (charge-up) input method
- Five newly designed, highly interactive arenas, using Bezier patch technology for maximum surface smoothness
- Collectible power-ups, salvage points, and artifacts
- Spectacular pyrotechnic, destruction effects and physics-driven interactive hazards
- Single player modes against sophisticated bot AI, including the Quest story mode
Local split-screen modes up to four players and online multiplayer with up to eight players with a variety of versus and co-op configuration possibilities
- Leaderboards, achievements, extra downloadable content, and more! "