Happy Wars Title Update 11 Makes The Game (Sort Of) Free for XBL Silver Subs
Written Tuesday, January 21, 2014 By Richard WalkerView author's profile
Toylogic has today released title update 11 for its free-to-play cartoon battler Happy Wars, making the game playable for free Xbox Live Silver members, with a few slight caveats, of course.
Multiplayer, Missions and the Treasure Map modes are off-limits for free Xbox Live Silver players, though the rest of Happy Wars is free to explore. Training Mode and Single Battle Mode have been revamped, enabling players to now earn score items and Happy Stars.
The other major new addition is the 'Bounty Hunters' mode, tasking teams with competing over their total bounties earned. You kill enemies, conquer towers and destroy the enemy Big Tower to earn bounties, while earning bounty raises the bounty on your own head. Reaching a certain bounty amount first means that team wins.
Playing Bounty Hunters mode will reward you with exclusive cleric items, including the Station Master's Hat and Coat, Choo-Choo Hammer and Express Train Rail. You can play Bounty Hunters mode from today until January 29th. Get the full Happy Wars title update 11 patch notes below.
Major Update content
- Added a new game rule: “Bounty Hunters”
- Teams win by earning a certain bounty amount.
- Item Level-Up mechanism has been changed
- Items now have an “Item Experience point” value. Items gain experience through “Item Power-up” as before, but can also gain experience by being used in Multiplayer. When the item accumulates a certain amount of experience, it levels up.
- Happy Wars is now playable for Xbox Live Free members
- All game modes are available, except for Multiplayer, Missions, and the Treasure Map.
- “Training Mode” has been changed into “Single Battle Mode”
- Single Battle, unlike Training, gives players score, items, and Happy Stars.
- However, players can only reach a maximum rank of 20 in Single Battle.
- Fixed an issue that was preventing the game from progressing in “Castle Defense” mode.
- Fixed various other known issues.