Killer Instinct Patch Released, Includes Spinal and Jail Glitch Fixes
Written Friday, February 21, 2014 By Lee BradleyView author's profile
Double Helix has patched Killer Instinct again, addressing issues with new boy Spinal, introducing some adjustments to the Jail system and delivering some general fixes. You can see the notes below.
It’s been a busy time for Double Helix recently. The studio was snapped up by Amazon earlier this month, in order to strengthen the online retailer’s internal development resources.
Earlier this week, the California-based developer also released Strider, dipping once more into much-loved classic game territory. You can read our review through here.
Jail System Adjustments
- All "Jail" stats have been RESET aka "clean slate"
- Fix to bug where BOTH players would go to jail on disconnect
- Adjusted percentage rate for match disconnects that will cause the user to be sent to jail.
- Fix for Spinal teleport causing crash/ de-sync in corner against back dashing opponents.
- Fix to manuals being unbreakable after using the dive kick as an opener
- Fix to counter breakers not being accessible when using a divekick as an opener.
- Fix to second Spinal divekick snapping to ground if you do it while opponent is still in reaction from first dive kick
- Fix bug with Spinal skeleport linker not crossing up correctly
- Users no longer lose points when losing a match in Survival Mode
- Fixed an issue where progression data would not save. All user data, items acquired, etc. should now save properly.
- Potential Fix for Ultra audio glitch (may still happen and needs more investigation).
- If you perform an ULTRA COMBO in-game, you automatically win the match. Players who disconnected while their opponents perform a match-winning ULTRA COMBO, will take a loss on their win/loss stats.
- Fixed an issue where players would soft-lock on the character/stage loading screen. This issue has been resolved.
- The character select option from "Replays" has been removed.