Battlefield 4 Platoons Rolling Out From Feb 27th
Written Thursday, February 27, 2014 By Lee BradleyView author's profile
The first iteration of Battlefield 4’s Platoons feature will begin to roll out on February 27th, DICE has confirmed.
Similar to clans, Platoons allows players to group together and co-ordinate their online efforts, while tracking its progress. Here’s the bullet-point list.
- Create and join a Platoon for up to 100 members.
- Basic Platoon management such as inviting, applying, and promoting/demoting members.
- Private and public Platoon feed, where you can communicate and coordinate.
- Platoon emblem and tag that all members can easily apply.
- Earn stats for your Platoon and rank it up, and see all the matches you played together.
“Our goal is to make it both fun and easy for you to get organized and be part of the best Battlefield 4 Platoon ever created,” says DICE. “Whether you want to discuss your past games and plan the next, or get competitive and see who your Platoon is up against, the feature will be as powerful and intuitive as possible.”
Platoons begins rolling out on Feb 27th “to ensure proper feature stability.” Every player is expected to gain access before the end of next week. Only Battlefield 4 Premium players with at least rank 10 will be required to create their own Platoon.
You still won’t be able to join friends in pre-game lobbies, but DICE asserts that “This is the first iteration of Platoons. We will continue to work on the feature to refine and expand it, but now we will finally have the opportunity to see it in action and get some real-world feedback.”
There’s more on Battlelog.