Xbox One Controller Update Required for Stereo Headset Adapter
Written Friday, March 07, 2014 By Richard WalkerView author's profile
Microsoft's Stereo Headset Adapter peripheral will require a manual controller update, essential for those who've bought the device that allows you to use any compatible headset with your Xbox One.
Due to land in time for the launch of Titanfall next week, the Stereo Headset Adapter will cost $24.99/£19.99 and supports any headset that has a 3.5mm audio jack or any Xbox 360 headset with a 2.5mm chat cable. You can find out more about it in the video below.
Until then, you can get in the know with Microsoft's seven-step guide to downloading the manual controller update for the Stereo Headset Adapter below, courtesy of GameSpot:
- Make sure your console is on and you’re signed in and connected to Xbox Live. (It’s important to connect to Xbox Live because your console will need the latest system update, which contains the newest controller software. If you’ve connected recently, your Xbox One is probably already up to date, but you should connect anyway just to be sure. If your console needs an update, you’ll be prompted to install one.)
- Plug the Stereo Headset Adapter into the bottom of your controller.
- Plug in a headset (a headset must be plugged in so the adapter will turn on).
- Plug the big end of the included USB cable into the port on the side of the console.
- Instructions to install the update should automatically be displayed. Follow the instructions, and don’t disconnect the USB cable while the update is in progress. (The process can take up to 3 minutes.)
- When the update is complete, unplug the USB cable. If you have additional controllers to update, you can connect them now, one at a time, select the Update another button on the screen, and then follow the steps.
- Press the Xbox button on the wireless controller to turn it on. Your controller is now up-to-date, and you’re ready to use your Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter.
The manual controller update hits alongside the Xbox One March update, which you can read about in detail through here.