Capcom Pro Tour Sees Year-Round Fighting Game League Come to Twitch
Written Tuesday, March 11, 2014 By Richard WalkerView author's profile
Capcom and Twitch are joining forces for the Capcom Pro Tour, the first ever Street Fighter-focused fighting game league that will be comprised of premier events, ranking tournaments and online tournaments in a year-long series that will culminate in the Capcom Cup grand final in December 2014.
The Capcom Pro Tour will be looking provide an infrastructure for tournament organisers, with better production values and additional video content, as well as new opportunities for players, content creators and sponsors. The Tour will revolve around Capcom's Street Fighter IV titles, with the tournament to commence with Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition before making the jump to Ultra Street Fighter IV when it releases in this June.
Sixteen spots for the Capcom Cup will be available this year, for ten premier event winners and for a remaining six competitors who score enough points to qualify. Here's the current line-up of Capcom Pro Tour premier events:
- Final Round (March 14~16 – Atlanta, GA, USA)
- NorCal Regionals (April 18~20 – Sacramento, CA, USA)
- Southeast Asia Majors (June 20~22 – Singapore)
- Community Effort Orlando (June 27~29 – Orlando, FL, USA)
- Evolution Championship Series (July 11~13 – Las Vegas, NV, USA)
- The Fall Classic (October 10~12 – Raleigh, NC, USA)
- DreamHack Winter (November 27~30 – Jönköping, Sweden)
"All premier events retain their independence and core values, and will be collaborating with Capcom and Twitch to deliver the Street Fighter live streams via the Capcom Fighters Twitch channel," the Capcom press release assures.
"Points will be awarded to the top 16 placements at both premier events and ranking events. Ranking events are comprised of both trade shows and independent tournaments which are managed and streamed separately from the Capcom Pro Tour."
The current line-up of ranking events includes:
- SoCal Regionals (February 28~March 2, Los Angeles, CA, USA)
- PAX East (April 11~13 – Boston, MA, USA)
- E3 (June 10~12 – Los Angeles, CA, USA)
- San Diego Comic Con (July 24~27 – San Diego, CA, USA)
You can get more details on the Capcom Pro Tour at capcomprotour.com.