Wolfenstein: The New Order Panzerhund Edition Comes With Goodies Galore, But No Game
Written Wednesday, March 26, 2014 By Richard WalkerView author's profile
Bethesda has lifted the lid on a rather lovely-looking special edition for Wolfenstein: The New Order, which seems to omit one very important component. The Wolfenstein: The New Order Panzerhund Edition comes with a model of the fearsome robot canine Panzerhund in a presentation box among other things, but no copy of the game itself.
"This collector's edition does not include a copy of the game," reads the product description on the Bethesda store. "Keep your pre-order at your favourite retailer and we'll send you these goodies separately - this way we can ship these boxes worldwide and you're not stuck waiting for your game to come along with an oversized, expensively shipped box."
The Wolfenstein: The New Order Panzerhund Edition is limited to just 5000 pieces, costs $100 and includes the following:
- The Wolfenstein: The New Order Panzerhund Edition comes in a vintage footlocker-style box (measuring approximately 20" x 10.5" x 8.5") with a stamped number plate right above the antiqued clasp.
- Inside, you'll find a classified folder affixed to the lid containing 11 classified documents (an assortment of maps, case files, and even an x-ray).
- The bulk of the footlocker houses an 8" articulated Panzerhund statue. Made of high quality vinyl material (PVC and ABS) the statue is hand painted, includes a base, and strikes a surprisingly menacing pose for a scaled-down replica.
- Inset in a velvet-lined tray is an exclusive Steelbook, and a set of 14 full-color weathered-looking postcards of the game's alternate history, bound in a display book.
- Lifting this tray reveals compartments housing a set of three high-quality, embroidered patches, and a box containing custom molded replica dog tags, looped and knotted on twine string.
If you'd prefer to get your special edition and copy of the game all at once, then GAME is also offering an exclusive Wolfenstein: The New Order Occupied Edition, which bundles the game with a 20-page travel guide to occupied Britain and a set of three postcards. There's an image of that and the Panzerhund Edition below.
Wolfenstein: The New Order launches worldwide on May 20th, 2014.