Grand Theft Auto Online's Capture Creator Coming This Friday
Written Tuesday, April 08, 2014 By Richard WalkerView author's profile
Rockstar has revealed that Grand Theft Auto Online will be getting an update that introduces the Capture Creator from this Friday, adding the opportunity to create your very own Capture Jobs using the GTA Online Creator tool. You'll be able to create Jobs across any of GTA Online's four Capture Job types - Contend, GTA, Hold, and Raid - before sharing them with the rest of the community.
Ahead of this week's update, you can get involved with some Rockstar-created Capture Jobs and earn twice the usual GTA$ and RP for your trouble. Check out the new Capture Jobs available for GTA Online below:
- Contend: Salty Snatch - Dog walkers and surfing talent agents look out - two import operations at either end of Chumash Beach are fighting over a shipment that's landed on the pier. Any product they can get to their spot in the sand is theirs to keep.
- GTA: All Abhorred - Not just for parolees and perverts anymore, a fleet of buses at the Dashound Bus Center in Downtown LS becomes a target for two teams of hoods. They compete to get buses back to their bases on either side of the city, while trying to stop the other team from doing the same.
- GTA: Field of Screams - A tractor shortage in Grapeseed leads to farmyard chaos. It's harvest time, and two rival gangs compete to bring a Fieldmaster tractor back to their bases. Farming is a deadly serious business in Blaine County.
- Hold: Freight Fight - Two importers fight over rights to a shipment at the Terminal. Scrappy close quarters battle as they try to get as much product to their side of the containers as they can, and protect it when it gets there.
- Raid: High Road - Chiliad Mountain State Wilderness: playground for uptight hikers, creepy bird watchers, trail mix enthusiasts and drug runners. Fight a rival crew for the rights to the tunnel shortcut to the Alamo Sea, and put them out of business by taking their product and banking it on your side of the tunnel.
- Raid: Wargames - Like any military operation, when things kick off at Fort Zancudo Air Base, they escalate pretty quickly. Teams hoarding their black market profits raid each other's bases at either end of the facility. If they get the goods back, they're banked. Nothing's off limits to be used here, including the fighter jets.
All of this is available alongside GTA Online's Title Update 1.12, which includes awarding bonus RP for rating content after playing it, the ability to call Lester to have the cops "turn a blind eye to criminal activity for a short period of time," and increased payouts for Parachute, Races, Deathmatches and LTS Jobs for less than four players.
There'll be more coming to Grand Theft Auto Online soon, as part of a series of spring updates, which will include the long-awaited addition of Heists.