Dark Souls II Update 1.03 Begins Rolling Out From Today
Written Wednesday, April 09, 2014 By Richard WalkerView author's profile
From Software is set to release an update for Dark Souls II from today in Asia for PS3, before rolling it out to other territories later this week. It'll be available worldwide for Xbox 360 on Friday. The patch fixes a number of issues, including a bug that prevented players from being able to open the door to Drangleic Castle.
Patch 1.03 also addresses a number of other problems and also offers optimisation to the game's Start Menu and Bonfire Menu and also includes an added controller vibration when blocking an attack. You can get the complete list of patch notes below:
Dark Souls II 1.03 Patch Notes:
- Failing to create Multiplayer session no longer disables use of online items, such as White Soapstone.
- Players now receive a small portion of Humanity after successfully assisting in a Multiplayer session instead of regaining full Humanity.
- Starting boss fight with the Looking Glass Knight while summoning other players no longer cancels the summoning process.
- Fixed an issue that prevented some bloodstains, illusions, and messages from being displayed.
- Fixed an issue where “Unable to participate in Multiplayer Session” could constantly appear.
- Fixed some instances where the portrait of the person you were summoning was different than the actual character.
- You will no longer be able to take off Covenant rings while being summoned.
- Fixed an issue that would cause some summoned players to fall through the ground at Earthen Peak.
GAME MENU / INTERFACE / CONTROLS
- Optimized Start Menu and Bonfire Menu performance.
- Trophy icon for “Holder of the Fort” has been fixed.
- Controller now vibrates when blocking an attack
- Bug involving Drangleic Castle door not opening has been fixed.
- Fixed an issue that would cause Souls to be lost upon death with the Ring of Life Protection equipped.
- Fixed an issue that caused some players to fall through elevators while using Binoculars and Magic simultaneously.
- Fixed an issue causing some enemies being hit by arrows at long distances receive 0 damage.
- Fixed an issue preventing the Brotherhood of Blood duels from starting properly.
- Added a message for players that displays after entering the coffin in Things Betwixt
- Fixed an issue where all of the items and objects in an area would reset (Without using a Bonfire Ascetic).
- Fixed an issue that didn’t unlock some items from vendors on 2nd and beyond playthrough.
- Fixed an issue causing the requirements for the Brotherhood of Blood Covenant be 50 too high.
- Licia’s conditions for moving have been optimized.
You'll be able to download patch 1.03 for Dark Souls II when it releases for Xbox 360 in the Americas on April 11th at 4am EDT before launching worldwide a few hours later at 6am GMT.
[Via Dark Souls Facebook]